Akal Takht Says No Fireworks This Diwali

POODNA

The biggest downfall is the money wasted on fireworks, ghee, diwas and pattakay.

Let's be honest here, if the person responsible with the funds to spend at this time of the year came to you asking for your advice of where the money should go.....then 1stly, I would ask WHY spend the money ??

Reply would be something like............. sangat is getting together. Lots of sangat will attend, so I have to spend it today for them !

My next reply then, would be...

If lots of sangat will attend, that are willing and open to being interactive in terms of watching and participating. Then because they are OPEN to interaction, wouldn't it be better to spend the money on getting responsible beings to do parchar. To help spread more Gurmat and Gurbani vichaar, to help give some more sikhi gyan ????

Wouldn't that be more beneficial ???

:stupidme: maybe some of you will think No, it won't be enough to bring the kids out !! :omg:

Yes they are cancer to mother earth and i support environmentalist too but not right wing types who tries to play dirty games and pass it off as akaal takth hakumnama. I mean why pick on one day a year? They should be more concerned lowing emissions for india all together than concentrating on one day even if we are too times that with population it still nowhere close to amount of toxic pollution india releases to mother earth daily/hourl basis

Nevertheless, not a good approach of making up lies regarding sri akaal takth sahib hakumnama, regardless however legitimate reasoning they have.

If Guru Har Rai Ji was in physical presence in front of you, your tone would have changed. I agree with other aspecs about modern influences on Sikhi by paranoid individuals, but the apathy and clear ignorance of how this one event would make an immeasurable difference if stopped is an even worst change in attitude.

Sikhs are, by your definition, "right wing" environmental nutjobs. This lie doesn't negate the truth, doesn't take Einstein to figure that out.

I never claim sikhs are all environmentist nut jobs some sikhs are balanced environmentalist-baba balbir singh senchewale ..i did mention the fake statements from akaal takth sahib is work of right wing group and left wing environmentalist group with right wing approach who have agenda which is contary to Gurmat as Gurmat is central, unique and balanced path.

I never claim sikhs are all environmentist nut jobs some sikhs are balanced environmentalist-baba balbir singh senchewale ..i did mention the fake statements from akaal takth sahib is work of right wing group and left wing environmentalist group with right wing approach who have agenda which is contary to Gurmat as Gurmat is central, unique and balanced path.

Sounds like a conspiracy theory. Paranoid of the environmental right wingers...lol. If the statement wasn't a lie, objectively I want a direct answer how this is anti Gurmat?

It seems like Akaal Takhat may actually have asked to reduce fireworks but SGPC aren't listening.

Also it seems like you didn't understand my post. I very clearly said if you're not n environmental nutjob, then you are ignorant of the truth.

Gurbani tells us "Vidiya Veechari Tan Parupkari" and tells us to fearlessly pursue the betterment of humanity. This pacifist thinking isn't Sikh souch.

My initial post was reaction to misinformation posted by op.. Generally What makes environmentalist extreme or use right wing approach? Lie, silly games, deceitful, extreme approach read life of leduc in Alberta.

Again I have nothing but mad respect for sane environmentalist which use awareness approach, honest approach work within legal framework.

My initial post was reaction to misinformation posted by op.. Generally What makes environmentalist extreme or use right wing approach? Lie, silly games, deceitful, extreme approach read life of leduc in Alberta.

Again I have nothing but mad respect for sane environmentalist which use awareness approach, honest approach work within legal framework.

Agreed, thought you were blindly objecting banning of fireworks.