Futility Of Lights On Divaali

panthicunity

Celebration of Bandi chhod diwas is history.Our history is no way against Gurbani. Sikhi is not only scriptures but comprises

scriptures,Guru panth , traditions and history. It is wholesome or nothing.

And celebration of diwali /bandi chhod diwas is recorded in Bhat vahis of that time

ਭੱਟ ਵਹੀ ਦੀ ਸੁਣੋ....

"ਗੁਰੂ ਹਰਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਜੀ ਮਹਿਲ ਛੇਟਾ ਬੇਟਾ ਗੁਰੂ ਅਰਜਨ ਜੀ ਕਾ, ਸੋਢੀ ਖ੍ਰਤੀ ਚੱਕ ਗੁਰੂ ਕਾ, ਪਰਗਨਾ ਨਿਜਹਾਰਾਲਾ, ਸੰਮਤ ਸੋਲਾ ਸੈ ਛੈਅਤਰ ਕਤਕ ਮਾਸੈ ਕ੍ਰਿਸ਼ਨਾ ਪਖੇ ਚੋਦਸ ਕੇ ਦਿਨ ਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਬਾਵਨ ਰਾਜੋ ਕੇ ਗੈਲ ਗੜ ਗਵਾਲੀਅਰ ਸੇ ਬੰਧਨ ਮੁਕਤ ਹੁਏ"

"ਨਾਇਕ ਹਰੀਰਾਮ ਦਰੋਗਾ ਬੇਟਾ ਨਾਇਕ ਹਰਬੰਸ ਲਾਲ ਕਾ ਚੰਦਰਬੰਸੀ ਜਾਦਵ ਬਾਹਰਤੀਆ ਕਨਾਵਤ ਨੇ ਬੰਦੀ ਛੋੜ ਗੁਰੂ ਹਰਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਜੀ ਕੇ ਬੰਧਨ ਮੁਕਤ ਹੋਨੇ ਕੀ ਖੁਸ਼ੀ ਮੇ ਦੀਪਮਾਲਾ ਕੀ। ਏਕ ਦਿਵਸ ਨਾਇਕ ਹਰੀਰਾਮ ਕੇ ਗ੍ਰਿਹ ਮੈ ਨਿਵਾਸ ਕਰਕੇ ਗਵਾਲੀਅਰ ਸੇ ਵਿਦਾਇਗੀ ਲੀ। ਰਾਸਤੇ ਕਾ ਪੰਧ ਮੁਕਾਏ ਆਗਰੇ ਆਏ ਨਿਵਾਸ ਕੀਆ" (ਭੱਟ ਵਹੀ ਜਾਦਵਾਸਨ ਬਾਹਰਤੀਨ ਕੀ).

ਨੋਟ : ਦੱਸਣ ਯੋਗ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਕਤਕ ਵਦੀ ੧੪, ੧੬੭੬ ਨੂੰ ਦਿਵਾਲੀ ਸੀ।

unquote

Now readers should read and ask disruptionists from where they get their information.

Some perople have an agenda of atheism to forward on one pretext or the other. The starter

of this thread made a remark on the other thread of bandhi chhor diwas.And then he starts another

thead to spread misinformation.

He misquotes Bhai Gurdas ji's vaar here.Did he not read Bhai Gurddas ji's vaar in that thread in reply

to his post.

But Bhai Gurdas ji who was contemporary of 2nd to 6th Guru sahiban writes

"Balhar tina Gursikhan bhav bhagat Gurpurb Karande

(I am sacrifice to those Sikhs who celebrate the days of Guru with devotion).

Let us get rid of Missionary mind set that is bent upon of distortion of sikh basics

by quoting selectively out of context.

GPSji, I have a gut feeling that Panthicunity does not have some atheist agenda.

I feel that he is just looking at the shabad superficially, but I may be wrong...... there is a lot of disguised missionary material out there as I have learnt thanks to your good self on the other thread ! :clap:

In all honesty, I have done this myself like I explained above. And I too, was nodding my head at everyone that was making a trip to gurdwara to light a candle or deeva.

But it was that superficial learning stage where I could have remained if I chose to.

However, I feel it is a very tricky area to explain to someone that can't fully comprehend your understanding when trying to tell them.

Or if they find it difficult to differentiate between ritual practice/devotion and 'Empty'-ritual.

This is where I think N30ji tried well to get the right message across and some comments in his posts, inspired me to expand a little further.

Panthic unity brother, i do have some hope brother, that you would understand and accept beautiful path of sikhi of totality -sargun-bhagti,shabad nirgun-gyan intertwin with each other-Ikongkar not the missionary interpretations of khandan-mandan of everything... i do found your past post regarding non dualism-advait- I am that i am very intriguing..you seem to be on a right track its just you need little bit more clarification/structure so that its easy to see gurmat more clearly.

I think overall, missionaries those who don't want to listen we should give up but those who we can have dialogue and connect to it, we should make efforts to start -reconciliation process with them so that they can see beautiful path of sikhi in its totality.

GPSji, I have a gut feeling that Panthicunity does not have some atheist agenda.

I feel that he is just looking at the shabad superficially, but I may be wrong...... there is a lot of disguised missionary material out there as I have learnt thanks to your good self on the other thread ! :clap:

In all honesty, I have done this myself like I explained above. And I too, was nodding my head at everyone that was making a trip to gurdwara to light a candle or deeva.

But it was that superficial learning stage where I could have remained if I chose to.

However, I feel it is a very tricky area to explain to someone that can't fully comprehend your understanding when trying to tell them.

Or if they find it difficult to differentiate between ritual practice/devotion and 'Empty'-ritual.

This is where I think N30ji tried well to get the right message across and some comments in his posts, inspired me to expand a little further.

True it's easy to get caught up in paranoia without knowing it. If someone has pure intent they realize mistake.

Panthic unity brother, i do some hope brother, that you would understand and accept beautiful path of sikhi of totality -sargun nirgun intertwin with each other-Ikongkar not the missionary interpretations of khandan-mandan of everything... i do found your past post regarding non dualism-advait- I am that i am very intriguing..you seem to be on a right track its just you need little bit more clarification/structure so that its easy to see gurmat more clearly.

I think overall, missionaries those who don't want to listen we should give up but those who we can have dialogue and connect to it, we should make efforts to start -reconciliation process with them so that they can see beautiful path of sikhi in its totality.

Definitely !!!

This is how everyone can help make a true sadh sangat.

SIkhi is ALL about learning.