Senior Officers 'still Target Other Crimes Above Child Grooming'

Jeevan

The Church has an interesting take on this, it's a Christian get of jail free card.

A Priest would say hate the sin but love the sinner.

This is how the Catholic priests got away with it for so long and still maintained their position within the Church.

The excuse would be that Satan tempted the Priest away from the path of God and as a resolution the priest needs to be moved away from the area and spend more time re-establishing a connection with God.

So the Priest would be moved out of the public eye to do penance and the sin would be washed away through prayer.

Nice idea that no one is beyond salvation but see how it can be abused and misused.

Anyway the fact that these stories are making the press and people are being arrested is proof of progress but I agree whole heartedly that as far as the establishment are concerned heads should definitely roll.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33136887

Rotherham PC 'failed to act on abuse case'
  • 3 hours ago
  • From the section UK
PC Hassan Ali, who died in February, had been referred to the Independent Police Complaints Commission

A police officer called to a child abuse case in Rotherham failed to investigate it, a victim has said.

PC Hassan Ali, who died this year, is said to have failed to get a statement from the victim or her mother.

An independent report last year found 1,400 children had been abused in the town between 1997 and 2013.

The Independent Police Complaints Commission is investigating at least 42 South Yorkshire officers over alleged failures in dealing with the cases.

The men who abused 12-year-old Lisa (not her real name) boasted that they would not be investigated.

"They didn't care," she told the BBC's Panorama programme.

"They knew that somewhere they had help to cover up their tracks because they said plenty of times that certain police officers would help them."

Complaints

After two days, Lisa's mother found the flat in which her daughter had been locked and abused and asked a local policeman to help her escape.

Lisa told Panorama: "The police officer walked in and shined a torch because there was no electric and shined the torch towards me and said, 'She's here, come on.'

"If I [had] walked in and I saw that, it would have been obvious [what had been happening]."

The officer, PC Hassan Ali, "just asked if we wanted a lift home", Lisa told the programme.

"My mum said, 'No,' and he basically asked my mum if she wanted to do a statement. And because she was working next morning, she said that she couldn't do anything there and then.

"And he said he'd get back to her about it, and he never did."

Two people have made complaints against PC Ali, and he had been referred to the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC).

A few months ago, he died after being hit by a car, in what was described by police as a tragic accident.

Dr Angie Heal says about 90 people received her 2006 report warning of sexual abuse of minors in Rotherham

The programme has also learned that a 2006 report warning of the child abuse and trafficking of young girls in South Yorkshire was sent to about 90 people within the force.

High-ranking police officers were among those who were forwarded copies of the report, by Dr Angie Heal, who was working as a drugs analyst for South Yorkshire Police .

"There were two in Sheffield and one in Rotherham at that time, and it went to two officers, senior officers within the senior command team of South Yorkshire Police," she said.

The force's chief constable at the time, Meredydd Hughes, told MPs he had not seen any of her reports.

Giving evidence to the Home Affairs Select Committee in September 2014, Mr Hughes said he had "singularly failed" victims of child abuse in the town but he had not seen Dr Heal's reports and had had "no understanding of the scale and the scope of the problems that have come to light".

Fake helpline

The failure to act on Dr Heal's warnings is being investigated by the Independent Police Complaints Commission.

South Yorkshire Police says it is now in a "very different position" to where it was and is working with other agencies to "strengthen the support" it gives victims and survivors.

One of those abused as a child told the programme that she had initially been groomed for abuse by men by Shafina Ali, a white woman who told people she had converted to Islam.

This name also appears in documents, seen by Panorama, which describes Shafina Ali - who may have used up to four different names - as an associate of men viewed as key abusers.

She worked for taxi firms in Rotherham and was said to be trying to set up a cab company to transport schoolchildren.

A former Rotherham social worker, who wishes to remain anonymous, told the programme that she had been newly qualified when she had first been told about Shafina Ali.

"I was given the information that this particular woman was dangerous and that she had set up a fake rape crisis centre," she said.

"I believe it was in Sheffield or on the outskirts of Sheffield and that she was potentially luring young girls through this rape crisis centre."

An independent report found 1,400 children had been abused in the town between 1997 and 2013

Panorama has been told that it had involved a fake helpline, which was closed down in 1999.

But two years later, Rotherham social workers were worried that Shafina Ali was again targeting vulnerable girls.

The social worker said Shafina Ali "was quite aggressive with me" when called to a meeting.

"I was quite worried, I was quite frightened of her really," she added.

She said front-line staff had done their best, raising concerns about Shafina Ali at strategy meetings with police and senior council officials.

"What happened after we'd expressed our concerns in these strategy meetings and given all this information, we had no idea what was happening with that information," she told the programme.

Rotherham Council says it cannot comment because of ongoing investigations. It has accepted past failings and apologised to victims. The council is now being run by government-appointed commissioners.

Panorama has found Shafina Ali's death certificate, which says she died in 2009, aged 51.

Panorama - Stolen Childhoods: The Legacy of Grooming is on BBC One (except Wales) at 20:30 BST on Monday 15 June and available later via BBC iPlayer.

Before you read the article below let me remind you what Keith Vaz Labour MP said in the defence of Janner

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11542572/How-Keith-Vaz-and-other-MPs-campaigned-for-change-in-the-law-after-wicked-attack-on-Greville-Janner.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3135014/Miliband-warned-stomach-churning-child-sex-abuse-allegations-against-Labour-peer-Lord-Janner-SIX-MONTHS-suspending-party.html

Miliband warned of 'stomach churning' child sex abuse allegations against Labour peer Lord Janner SIX MONTHS before suspending him from the party
  • Simon Danczuk warned Ed Miliband about allegations in October 2014
  • Backbench MP called on the then Labour leader to suspend Lord Janner
  • Mr Miliband finally acted when prosecutors said there was enough evidence to change the former Labour MP
  • But Crown Prosecution Service said Lord Janner was too ill to stand trial
  • Labour tonight insisted Mr Miliband acted as soon as he had evidence

By Tom McTague, Deputy Political Editor for MailOnline

Published: 19:56, 22 June 2015 | Updated: 20:00, 22 June 2015

40 shares

View comments

1D08FBC300000578-0-image-a-5_14349991622
+3

Campaigning MP Simon Danczuk wrote to Mr Miliband in October last year – detailing a string of allegations against the Labour peer

Former Labour leader Ed Miliband has been accused of failing to act after being presented with 'stomach churning' child sex abuse allegations against the peer Lord Janner.

Campaigning MP Simon Danczuk wrote to Mr Miliband in October last year – detailing a string of allegations against the Labour peer, it emerged tonight.

However, Mr Miliband failed to suspend Lord Janner from the party for another six months, prosecutors controversially ruled there was enough evidence to charge him with multiple counts of child abuse but could not put him on trial because he was too ill.

In a letter seen by Channel 4 News, Mr Danczuk told the then Labour leader that he had been 'visited by three senior officers from Leicestershire Police'.

He then detailed allegations of abuse against the peer and called on Mr Miliband to 'suspend Lord Janner from the Labour party at the earliest opportunity'.

Six months later, Mr Miliband claimed he was 'deeply shocked' by what the Crown Prosecution Service 'seem to have discovered'. He added: 'My heart goes out the alleged victims.'

But Mr Danczuk told Channel 4 News that Lord Janner should have been suspended sooner and called for him to be expelled.

He said: 'No, you couldn't describe the action that has been taken by the party as swift and decisive. That isn't the case. The nature of the allegation is so serious that really decisive action was required.'

Lord Janner's family issued a statement in April 2015, when the Crown Prosecution Service decided not to prosecute, denying all claims he abused children.

It said: 'Lord Janner is a man of great integrity and high repute with a long and unblemished record of public service. He is entirely innocent of any wrongdoing.

'As the Crown Prosecution Service indicated today, this decision does not mean or imply that any of the allegations that have been made are established or that Lord Janner is guilty of any offence.'

Labour tonight defended the party's response to Mr Danczuk's allegations.

RELATED ARTICLES

Aye it's amazing how the British upper classes will always protect themselves and each other.

These are powerful people with very powerful connections within the Police and government and they very rarely if ever get prosecuted.

You can be sure the security services like MI5 etc knew all about this but kept it quiet and I wonder how many others they know about but say nothing?

Probably under the clause/ excuse of not being in the public interest.

These members of the high classes have a streak of arrogance in them so wide they truly think they are above the Law.

And of course most of the victims come from the lower classes.

The British class system is still alive and well in Old Blighty in 2015.

Aye it's amazing how the British upper classes will always protect themselves and each other.

These are powerful people with very powerful connections within the Police and government and they very rarely if ever get prosecuted.

You can be sure the security services like MI5 etc knew all about this but kept it quiet and I wonder how many others they know about but say nothing?

Probably under the clause/ excuse of not being in the public interest.

These members of the high classes have a streak of arrogance in them so wide they truly think they are above the Law.

And of course most of the victims come from the lower classes.

The British class system is still alive and well in Old Blighty in 2015.

All the evidence suggests this is the case!

Well we are inching a bit closer to the upper echelons of society, in Rotherham at least:

"About 300 suspects have been identified in an investigation into child sex abuse in Rotherham, the National Crime Agency (NCA) has said.

The agency said two of those under investigation were serving or former Rotherham councillors."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-33256405

Old Skool English justice springs to mind, first put them in the stocks so the whole town can hurl abuse and any missile they like at them followed by a good old hang draw and quartering.

Nyce.

It's probably just an excuse by the Police because firstly they are lazy and don't really want to deal with crime and secondly maybe this goes a lot higher than we know about and they are being instructed to leave the problem alone.

it probably has to do with the fact that there mostly muslim. the government knows if they say anything theres going to be hugh backlash from the muslims