More Sikhi Based Movies Directed Towards Youth Needed

Singh97

Fantastic post - I 100% agree with you that we need movies, plays, songs, stories, poems about Sikhi to be written in English not just translated but dynamic, thought provoking and forward looking. Many of my "Punjabi" family and friends relate more to films about the holocaust and Jewish themes ie the boy in the striped pyjamas as they understand it easier than Punjabi. I would say the next entrepreneur that wants to do Seva to the Sikh community should either invest in a TV or Radio station that broadcasts at least in English 50% of the time - Sikhi would indeed be available to the whole world by making this progress.

Fantastic post - I 100% agree with you that we need movies, plays, songs, stories, poems about Sikhi to be written in English not just translated but dynamic, thought provoking and forward looking. Many of my "Punjabi" family and friends relate more to films about the holocaust and Jewish themes ie the boy in the striped pyjamas as they understand it easier than Punjabi. I would say the next entrepreneur that wants to do Seva to the Sikh community should either invest in a TV or Radio station that broadcasts at least in English 50% of the time - Sikhi would indeed be available to the whole world by making this progress.

And goray would definitely be able to watch, understand and learn from them

I agree with you that movies should be made in different languages. However we should also keep in mind that punjabi is our dharamic language and youth should make effort to learn punjabi in order to understand guru sahib jees creation of Gurmukhi.

Though totally agree that movies made in Punjab should have English option or dubbed before releasing to public.

I agree with you that movies should be made in different languages. However we should also keep in mind that punjabi is our dharamic language and youth should make effort to learn punjabi in order to understand guru sahib jees creation of Gurmukhi.

Though totally agree that movies made in Punjab should have English option or dubbed before releasing to public.

It's not just the language, but the story line also taking place in a western setting like Canada or America because the problems an American/Canadian Sikh faces is different than what someone in India would face.