#gursant #singh Causing Problems. #gap #turban

Singh559

i think comparing the shaheeds and gurus to someone like waris alhuwalia is completely out of context and doesn't make sense at all

i could say why you driving a car - the shaheeds never would have a done that

you shouldn't watch movies as none of the shaheeds ever watched movies

why are you playing xbox when have the Gurus ever played xbox ?????

what you work in a superstore? no guru ever worked in tesco ???

or why do you live in a semi detached house? none of the shaheeds ever lived in Semi Detatched houses - get a tent or a mud hut

why do you use a mobile .... etc you get the idea

i mean its ridiculous..... the singh is portraying Sikhs in a positive light and the female is totally respectable and any eroticism is induced by the viewers own perceptions, and not intended. This is also evident by the fact that it doesn't come across in a negative way to a majority of NORMAL people.

And i do agree its not a crime to be handsome - i have had to live with this affliction most of my life and i will make no excuses for it - its just the way Guruji made me ;)

Singhs should have ROAB, look handsome and look like princes and why shouldn't women feel attracted to Singh's

I'm done with this discussion. However you are not logically comparing here. When I ask, did the Guru stand with a woman in this way when she was not married to him? It is a comparison that can be made because the subject which is the man in the dastar is changing ONLY. The behaviour is still the same. The behaviour here is the woman body up against Waris or hypothetically speaking Guru Sahib. With me so far? What you are doing is changing the subject to Guru Sahib and then also changing the behaviour (playing video games etc.). Which creates a completely different situation and is not comparable to what we are talking about here.

Not only are you changing the behaviour, but you are changing the behaviour to something that did not exist in Guru Sahib time like video games or driving a car. With your comparison you are also saying women who would stand in this fashion with a man who is not married to them do not exist. Yet your partner that liked your post n3osingh only likes to tell you the honest truth of Charitropakhyan when it suits his view point. Maybe he is not good at understanding comparisons either. Anyways I thought I let you know for your benefit.

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Question: Has anyone done a google images search for Mr. Ahluwalia's pictures? Please do - there may be some pictures of him modeling that are not suitable to presentation of the Sikh image.

I applaud his efforts...I really do. Given that I am from the U.S., we should take every opportunity to portray Sikhs in the mainstream. But the image that is portrayed is just as important...yes, he is in Sikhi saroop and as an individual, he is a good physical representation of a Sikh in modern society. However, some of his other images put him in situations that a Gursikh would never be caught in. Everyone is focusing on the Gap image, which...is not that big of a deal. BUT some of his other images with women are not as ideal. Easy for me to say...it's his job and livelihood and I can be Mr. Random on the internet, bashing work he has done for YEARS to get where he is today. But the Dastaar does come with a certain responsibility and a Sikh must conduct himself/herself accordingly.

If you wanted to test this against Gurbani, Gurbani says to look at all as either your mother, sister or daughter/father, brother, son who is not your spouse.

You can judge for yourself if Mr. Ahluwalia is representing the Sikh image appropriately from the below. And yes, there are many other pictures of him NOT in similarly questionable situations, but life is such: you can do a 1000 good things, but everyone remembers only the 1 bad thing you do.

You can make your own determination, provided the admins let the pictures post and don't think they are questionable (very likely):

[insert provocative and dishonorable images here]

This is the first time I have seen the photos of Waris. Taking the above photos into consideration. Now it makes me think how far Waris was willing to go with the advertisement of GAP. Clearly he has no problem posing with women in the above photographed manner. Some were saying at least Waris is not posing or dancing with scantily clad women. Well that just got thrown back into their faces.

Or are some people going to turn these pictures around and say Waris is protecting these women from the big bad wolf?

Here we go again................. :ohno:

I think they are pretty good photo shoots.

Oh yeah, the guy in there is one of us...maybe i shouldn't have said that...........Ooops :giggle: :omg:

Being a sikh gives us sorry You, the right to be self righteous and adopt the ''holier than thou'' attitude, doesn't it jasprit ?

Here we go again................. :ohno:

I think they are pretty good photo shoots.

Oh yeah, the guy in there is one of us...maybe i shouldn't have said that...........Ooops :giggle: :omg:

Being a sikh gives us sorry You, the right to be self righteous and adopt the ''holier than thou'' attitude, doesn't it jasprit ?

What I have noticed on this site is that a lot of the people discussing like to put words in others mouth to take the discussion off track and give them the advantage. I did not judge Waris once in my post discussing the scantily clad women pictures, but asked how far he would go. It was a fair assessment based on the information provided. Yet we still get these type of people who twist every word. I actually expected that Sikhs would be honest when they discuss, but they hold on to there position so hard that they forget what their actual interest and needs are as a Sikh. What makes you any different than those who don't read Gurbani? Reading Gurbani is not a ritual, but is there to be absorbed and then used to redefine how we behave. You have 1177 post on here, just under 2 years. That works out to be almost 2 post a day.

What do you accomplish by trying to trick me and taking the advantage point?

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Question: Has anyone done a google images search for Mr. Ahluwalia's pictures? Please do - there may be some pictures of him modeling that are not suitable to presentation of the Sikh image.

I applaud his efforts...I really do. Given that I am from the U.S., we should take every opportunity to portray Sikhs in the mainstream. But the image that is portrayed is just as important...yes, he is in Sikhi saroop and as an individual, he is a good physical representation of a Sikh in modern society. However, some of his other images put him in situations that a Gursikh would never be caught in. Everyone is focusing on the Gap image, which...is not that big of a deal. BUT some of his other images with women are not as ideal. Easy for me to say...it's his job and livelihood and I can be Mr. Random on the internet, bashing work he has done for YEARS to get where he is today. But the Dastaar does come with a certain responsibility and a Sikh must conduct himself/herself accordingly.

If you wanted to test this against Gurbani, Gurbani says to look at all as either your mother, sister or daughter/father, brother, son who is not your spouse.

You can judge for yourself if Mr. Ahluwalia is representing the Sikh image appropriately from the below. And yes, there are many other pictures of him NOT in similarly questionable situations, but life is such: you can do a 1000 good things, but everyone remembers only the 1 bad thing you do.

You can make your own determination, provided the admins let the pictures post and don't think they are questionable (very likely):

Oh lord, those are some embarrassing pictures. If anything like that was made as a Gap ad, no one would support it and I would be vehemently against it.

Personally speaking I view the Gap ad as an artistic portrayal of a Singh in society with what would be his life partner and he had given permission to touch the dastar. I still firmly believe the Gap picture is open to interpretation and wasn't of malintent.

That's where I stop defending him because I never seen those pictures before, but still my view of the image is unchanged. I do not view the Gap picture to be provocative.

The main reason I'm passionately against Gursant's protest of this is because, in short, it makes Sikhs look like a joke in the mainstream - something like <Edited> muslims on Muslim patrol.

It's a sensitive issue and I don't think we should really protest the Gap ad, but be weary of him in the future. I lost a lot of respect for him seeing those pictures.

The images of Waris with women have been deleted as people of all ages surf the forum. We appreciate you bringing these pictures to light because they contribute to the thread, but due to the explicit and inappropriate nature of the images, we unfortunately have to remove them.

There are different states of sikh, there are different level of sikhs, and there are different roles of sikh contributing in their own way.

Waris ahluwalia does not have singh (just for people peace of mind and for his own sake) in his name he is a keshdari sikh, who is doing big favour for a sikh community of awareness of sikh community.

If people don't like it, its fine everyone has different opnion but to go ahead and start real life rally and real life protest against it thats totally blowing out of proparation and thats when its crosses the line as when we look at this from bigger picture- people by protesting inadvertently harming sikh interest- bigger picture of sikh indentity awareness.

Do we really expect every sikh (who takes a opprutunity to be in media to help out) to be gursikh who has conquered has panj chor? If thats a case, i am sorry we could never get anything done in our community in western world. We all might as well move in very tight knight mormon type of community and disconnect from whole world.

It's quite simple, those who are planning to real life protest about this - don't wrap your head around think about ideas how to stop others from contributing (what they perceive as contribution in sikh community in their domain) not because only its counter productive and it make us look like pretty intolerant bunch....rather those who oppose need to step up in their own jeevan and just show the world (inspire rest of sikhs including waris ji instead of demonizing him) how pratically- chivalrious gursikh khalsa should be/ how to live by gursikh attributes- sat, santokh, dya, dharam, gyan, advait, nirbhou, nirvair practically.

It's open field no one is stopping anyone to do their bit more efficiently, effectively, and more accurately.

And if you think its not needed, mubarakha more power to you and domain you live in, but please don't bring others down as in this case, majority of sikhs appreciates this ad and think otherwise. So there is no point of doing tarakvaad, you cannot enforce sikhi on people throat- nothing can be accomplished by force, everything is sehaja sehaj and with prem. Aurenzeb and many sharia leaders before and after him tried this by force, all have failed.

Everything is part of hakum, akaal purkh maya khel of maharaj is beant. Things may not be real what they appear. Never judge book by its cover. Everytime we judge- we undermine akaal purkh maya khel. Never judge - (Hum nahi change bura na koi || ) and never be so sure with our own pre-conceived notions.

Actually, We are all affected by panj chors - sikhs (baptised or not- appear or not) we are all manmukhs in one way or another only guru sahib and bhramgyani-enligthen ones are outside out of it and real gurmukhs.

Raja janak had many raniyas, full fledge maya khel of all kinds in his darbar yet he was -Gurmukh maya vich udasi || as per bhai gurdas ji.

I am not comparing waris ji with raja janak but i would rather give him benefit of doubt than undermining him or undermining akaal purkh khel of maya. Akaal purkh can test in various ways- whichever way akaal purkh wants. Never be soo sure.

From advanced gursikhi gyan non dual perception/dristhi in grand scheme of things, everything is beautiful khel of maharaj. sri dasmesh ji -even namaskar to bhog (desires of all kinds).

Namo Jog Jogi || Namo Bhog Bhogi ||.

And further more sri guru gobind singh ji sets the record straight even more bluntly, behind everything its indeed akaal purkh itself and there is no such thing christian satan type of devil destroying things so we must save it by lets burn the witch attitude or else we are all doomed)

ਕਤਹੂੰ ਬਿਚਾਰ ਅਬਿਚਾਰ ਕੋ ਬਿਚਾਰਤ ਹੋ ਕਹੂੰ ਨਿਜ ਨਾਰਿ ਪਰਨਾਰਿ ਕੇ ਨਿਕੇਤ ਹੋ ॥

कतहूं बिचार अबिचार को बिचारत हो कहूं निज नारि परनारि के निकेत हो ॥

Somewhere Thou discriminatest between good and bad intellect, somewhere Thou art with Thy own spouse and somewhere with another`s wife.

What you going to do? Dices of maya is rolled by akaal purkh, everything is double edge sword, panj chor including ego trap-road blocks an illusion- you want to save the world. Save yourself first- Aie Panthi Sagal Jamati, Man Jeetai Jagjeet .!!