Bumping And Wanting Sangats Views. Homosexuality

S4NGH

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh ji

The below post was posted a while back in gupt and subsequently locked, no reasons given. Though its not my place to comment on the posters sexuality, i do think he made some valid points worth discussing. Also, if for some reason admin think this post should be locked, please give reasons. Thank you.

" Hello All,

Before I get to my question, I'd like to give some background as to where it's coming from. I am a western born and raised proud Sikh male. I am not amritdhari, as I don't believe I will be able to follow the strict "rules" constructed by society and applied to those who choose that path.

I am also gay and therein lies the issue. From my research, I have come to understand that the Gurbani is silent on the issue of homosexuality. However, the Akal Takth has taken a heavy stance against it (I find this ironic since Sikhi is a religion founded on the basis of acceptance and equality. Telling people there's no such thing as homosexuals and they don't deserve the support of the community is the last thing I would expect from a leader of the faith.)

Recently, I have been contemplating telling my friends and family of my sexuality. I understand this will cause them much pain, but it is who I am and people deserve to know the "real" me, and I also deserve to be proud of who I am (by hiding it, I'm making it out as something to be ashamed of; which I don't believe it is). Also, the idea of marriage is becoming a larger issue in my life, and there is only so much time that I will be able to manage to put it off.

I have 3 questions which I'd like opinions about:

1) How would you react to the knowledge that someone you were close to was gay?

2) What are your thoughts on the consequences of the combination of my sexuality and religion?

3) What are your thoughts on the Akal Takth's stance against gay marriage and homosexuality?

Now before people ask: Yes, I have tried "not to be gay", but it's not a choice. Trying is akin to pretending; which is lying; which is wrong. Also, have you "tried" not to be straight?"

Guest dasguruka

I wouldn't judge.

" Nari te Jo purakh karrave"

We are all the females according to Gurbani. Only Akaal Purakh is the Purakh. Everyone else ,the individual souls, are considered females according to Gurbani.

I used to debate about this though. It's astounding how people wont change their point of view about homosexuality or better yet stick to their kattar beliefs.

Guest dasguruka

Also. If you feel you should be proud of your sexuality and not hide it , then you should also not care what people think of you as an Amritdhari Singh. That would be a contradiction of your own beliefs. Definitely do not hide it.

I read somewhere that Native American tribes considered homosexual relationships as sacred bonds. I don't know where I read it so can't site it.

If you really have questions or doubts then you should do an Ardaas to Guru Sahib and ask him to clear your doubts. But again don't be in duvida or duality about things.

Just because people won't respect your decision to be an Amritdhari Should not hinder you from taking Amrit. This is my opinion. Do an Ardaas and ask my man. God didn't put you here on earth to figure such things and deal with the majority views of the world that have been conditioned throughout ages to fit the majority.

Gurfateh

Homosexual and gays will never be the way forward. Because we can't have future generations or be reproducing if everyone was gay !!

In terms of sikhi, we are to treat all as equals in terms of all castes in society. In guruji's times they were specifically addressing the ''Untouchable'' castes. No jaat paat, no ucha or neemha (higher or lower), no rich or poor...etc...

However, in todays age, we sometimes treat gays as the untouchables and this is a 'NO,NO' according to Guruji.

Why people are born this way is no different to why people in the gutters have babies. Whether it is previous karma or his Hukam, we should leave it at that, but whatever situations Guruji places in front of us, we have a duty to handle and deal with them as per Gurmat and Sikhi.

We can't make assumptions on their previous karma and sins and then decide to rightfully prejudice against them.

And sangats views on Akal Takht jathedars stance on homosexuality and gay marriage? Obviously, gay marriage has no place in sikhi. Thats quite clear- anand karaj is solely between a Sikh man and woman Period. But gay civil ceremonies which are now recognised in a number of western countries...does the jathedar have any right to pass judgement on them?

Homosexual and gays will never be the way forward. Because we can't have future generations or be reproducing if everyone was gay !!

In terms of sikhi, we are to treat all as equals in terms of all castes in society. In guruji's times they were specifically addressing the ''Untouchable'' castes. No jaat paat, no ucha or neemha (higher or lower), no rich or poor...etc...

However, in todays age, we sometimes treat gays as the untouchables and this is a 'NO,NO' according to Guruji.

Why people are born this way is no different to why people in the gutters have babies. Whether it is previous karma or his Hukam, we should leave it at that, but whatever situations Guruji places in front of us, we have a duty to handle and deal with them as per Gurmat and Sikhi.

We can't make assumptions on their previous karma and sins and then decide to rightfully prejudice against them.

Its not about everyone becoming homosexual and thus the human race becomes extinct lol. Its about some individuals embracing who they are rather than hiding or lying about their sexuality just to please society. Homosexuality is no new phenomenon.

People are born homosexual in the same way that people are born hetrosexual. Suggesting that homosexuals are born a certain way due to past karam implicates that they are inferior and therefore unequal. Your views please.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh ji

The below post was posted a while back in gupt and subsequently locked, no reasons given. Though its not my place to comment on the posters sexuality, i do think he made some valid points worth discussing. Also, if for some reason admin think this post should be locked, please give reasons. Thank you.

" Hello All,

Before I get to my question, I'd like to give some background as to where it's coming from. I am a western born and raised proud Sikh male. I am not amritdhari, as I don't believe I will be able to follow the strict "rules" constructed by society and applied to those who choose that path.

I am also gay and therein lies the issue. From my research, I have come to understand that the Gurbani is silent on the issue of homosexuality. However, the Akal Takth has taken a heavy stance against it (I find this ironic since Sikhi is a religion founded on the basis of acceptance and equality. Telling people there's no such thing as homosexuals and they don't deserve the support of the community is the last thing I would expect from a leader of the faith.)

Recently, I have been contemplating telling my friends and family of my sexuality. I understand this will cause them much pain, but it is who I am and people deserve to know the "real" me, and I also deserve to be proud of who I am (by hiding it, I'm making it out as something to be ashamed of; which I don't believe it is). Also, the idea of marriage is becoming a larger issue in my life, and there is only so much time that I will be able to manage to put it off.

I have 3 questions which I'd like opinions about:

1) How would you react to the knowledge that someone you were close to was gay?

2) What are your thoughts on the consequences of the combination of my sexuality and religion?

3) What are your thoughts on the Akal Takth's stance against gay marriage and homosexuality?

Now before people ask: Yes, I have tried "not to be gay", but it's not a choice. Trying is akin to pretending; which is lying; which is wrong. Also, have you "tried" not to be straight?"

The question comes to an end when you have already accepted to do "MERI MERI ".. Live your life in your own way .No one is forcing you to be changed . But it also gets clear that

Sikhi has nothing to do with homosexuality.....""""Gal ta ithe muk jandi a jado Bande wich "MAIN" a gya.......samjo sikhi ude wicho khatam ho gyii kyunki ahnkaar ude te haavi ho gya...

jithe saade Gurua ne dusre lokaan lyi jeena sikhaaya uthe ajj de sikha nu apne intercourse di tention pyi hoi a....ki ae ek nashaa hai ?? ki ae sikhi to be waddi cheez ho gyi??