Hyde Park Rally In June

ks55

Appears organisers of 1 June now have gone against Sikh Council UK.

Different youth groups need to come out publicly and nip the 1 June in the bud and those supporting it!

Have contacted a number of key youth groups and individuals and await to see them come out publicly in support of the Panthic programme being organised by FSO and Gurdwaras.

Who are the other side youth?

How many main members are youth (under 39) in FSO or sikh council uk?

I remember that we recommended sikh sangat forum to be part of sikh council but couldn't join because of fees. Efforts should be made to welcome youth without barriers.

It will be very interesting to know that who is on the other side creating un-wanted trouble for the June program. This is exactly what goi wants.

Who are the other side youth?

How many main members are youth (under 39) in FSO or sikh council uk?

I remember that we recommended sikh sangat forum to be part of sikh council but couldn't join because of fees. Efforts should be made to welcome youth without barriers.

It will be very interesting to know that who is on the other side creating un-wanted trouble for the June program. This is exactly what goi wants.

No recognised Sikh youth group organising 1 June event.

Some organisations making up FSO do have youngsters and Sikh Council UK have a handful in the Executive under 39.

1 June event likely to lose support of Sri Guru Singh Sabha, Southall who hosted meeting today. They have elections in 2014. Gravesend and Walsall Gurdwaras which 1 June organisers suggested we're supporting are backing the FSO. One Gurdwara in Derby suggests the 1 June will be a flop.

will truly be embarrassing if there is a clash of events, I suggest that they separate their weekends, personally think over the years we have done our demos but what does it achieve other than remembering for ourselves which we all do in our daily ardass, hope the organisers for next years events try and raise as much awareness through the English press and media, full page adverts informing the public what we are remembering and why !!

will truly be embarrassing if there is a clash of events, I suggest that they separate their weekends, personally think over the years we have done our demos but what does it achieve other than remembering for ourselves which we all do in our daily ardass, hope the organisers for next years events try and raise as much awareness through the English press and media, full page adverts informing the public what we are remembering and why !!

Awareness and interest will be higher given 30th anniversary. Plan to do more to raise awareness with non-Sikhs and wider public, before during and after. That is why alternative event by the Mona brigade as put above is disappointing. Panthic event organised by the Federation of Sikh Organisations (FSO) and supported by Gurdwaras and Sikh youth groups is being planned for SUNDAY 8 JUNE 2014.

hmm I would say the comment about them being patit for being monea is incorrect, a patit is a Sikh who has taken amrit and the done one of the four kurahits as per my understanding. I agree we should work under one banner etc, and if the majority of the gdwarea through the country are in support would make sense to support them, the leaders will be the same, the speeches the same, perhaps we should try and change this concept and invite all those who want to speak but make sure they are articulate speaker and not just shouting into the mike etc. It is a difficult enough event to arrange without causing dubtaa int he community.

hmm I would say the comment about them being patit for being monea is incorrect, a patit is a Sikh who has taken amrit and the done one of the four kurahits as per my understanding. I agree we should work under one banner etc, and if the majority of the gdwarea through the country are in support would make sense to support them, the leaders will be the same, the speeches the same, perhaps we should try and change this concept and invite all those who want to speak but make sure they are articulate speaker and not just shouting into the mike etc. It is a difficult enough event to arrange without causing dubtaa int he community.

Speakers is always an issue: Ideal option would be to agree Punjabi and English speakers in Hyde Park knowing this is only a gathering point - speakers should be given a steer. Trafalgar Square needs mainly English speakers, but one or two Punajbi speakers - each person should be told what they should cover to avoid overlap - should try and use some of our most effective/reliable speakers. Organising and keeping everyone happy (organisations, Gurdwaras, youth groups) although is impossible. Some same old faces are inevitable. Work on good line up of Sikh and non-Sikh speakers is important.