Film Shooting To Be Banned Inside Golden Temple

singhbj singh

Another important decision has been taken regarding some Gurudwara management committees allowing chairs or benches to be installed for the elderly or differently abled inside Gurudwara premises.. Terming this practice as disrespect of Guru Granth Sahib, Jathedar Gurbachan Singh said, Gurudwara committees can install chairs benches outside the Gurudwara hall and not inside the hall where Guru Granth Sahib is installed.

Does this mean disabled people won't be able to sit in the darbar hall?

I think disabled people should be accommodated since they are physically unable to sit on ground. But others should not be allowed to sit on benches and chairs. New trend has started since the last decade where so many Gurdwaras in the west are installing chairs and benches in the hazuri of Maharaj. Chairs are there for disabled people but 99% of the people I have seen using them are not even disabled. They are normal and physically have no problem sitting on ground, yet they sit on chairs. Look at this picture:

gurdwara-prayer-hall-carpet-bangkok-thai

As you can see the women in the back sitting on those chairs are normal and from the looks of it are doing chuglis in the Hazuri of Maharaj while only one woman(3rd from left) is disabled which is why she is sitting on a wheelchair. But the other ones are just sitting on chairs for no reason.

This is why chairs and benches should not even be in the Hazuri of Maharaj. Perfectly normal people start to take advantage of these facilities. Only the real disabled people should be sitting on chairs.

Yeah I agree. The disabled and elderly should not be denied darshan of SGGS. Anyone who is fit shouldn't sit on the chairs. Maybe sangat or comitee members should tell them to stop sitting on chairs.

If disabled sangat do bring their own wheelchairs then i am 100% sure that no-one would deny them. I also think that Akal Takht Sahib should give detailed report rather than one line with such exemption.

Our folks are crazy, regardless of their good health they would try to find any fake reason to get a chair. Example is that whenever i travel, i see punjabis misusing wheelchair request from airlines. Most of the request is not health reason but a reason that it is hard for them to switch flights, language barrier and so on.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• yeh it's true, we shouldn't be lazy and need to learn jhatka shikaar. It doesn't help some of grew up in surrounding areas like Slough and Southall where everyone thought it was super bad for amrit dharis to eat meat, and they were following Sant babas and jathas, and instead the Singhs should have been normalising jhatka just like the recent world war soldiers did. We are trying to rectifiy this and khalsa should learn jhatka.  But I am just writing about bhog for those that are still learning rehit. As I explained, there are all these negative influences in the panth that talk against rehit, but this shouldn't deter us from taking khanda pahul, no matter what level of rehit we are!
    • How is it going to help? The link is of a Sikh hunter. Fine, but what good does that do the lazy Sikh who ate khulla maas in a restaurant? By the way, for the OP, yes, it's against rehit to eat khulla maas.
    • Yeah, Sikhs should do bhog of food they eat. But the point of bhog is to only do bhog of food which is fit to be presented to Maharaj. It's not maryada to do bhog of khulla maas and pretend it's OK to eat. It's not. Come on, bro, you should know better than to bring this Sakhi into it. Is this Sikh in the restaurant accompanied by Guru Gobind Singh ji? Is he fighting a dharam yudh? Or is he merely filling his belly with the nearest restaurant?  Please don't make a mockery of our puratan Singhs' sacrifices by comparing them to lazy Sikhs who eat khulla maas.
    • Seriously?? The Dhadi is trying to be cute. For those who didn't get it, he said: "Some say Maharaj killed bakras (goats). Some say he cut the heads of the Panj Piyaras. The truth is that they weren't goats. It was she-goats (ਬਕਰੀਆਂ). He jhatka'd she-goats. Not he-goats." Wow. This is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard in relation to Sikhi.
    • Instead of a 9 inch or larger kirpan, take a smaller kirpan and put it (without gatra) inside your smaller turban and tie the turban tightly. This keeps a kirpan on your person without interfering with the massage or alarming the masseuse. I'm not talking about a trinket but rather an actual small kirpan that fits in a sheath (you'll have to search to find one). As for ahem, "problems", you could get a male masseuse. I don't know where you are, but in most places there are professional masseuses who actually know what they are doing and can really relieve your muscle pains.

Important Information

Terms of Use