Stopping Eating Meat

Guest Slow_Adopter

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I don't understand why people think souls are only prescribed to animals and humans? Why can a soul not be prescribed into a Tree, then the leaf of a tree, or a flower, or a plant, all these things are living being what feed of the mother which is earth itself as we do, after it's cycle, it is reintroduced into the earth and then the cycle begins again- reincarnation. Maybe the new plant or flower when blooms is a different soul to the one before? when we pull out the flower from its roots separating its life giving earth, are we not taking its life? The same for a vegetable, all these things are living! Who are we to say that they do not feel the pain of death once we pull them from the ever nourishing earth?

Also, if we become vegetarian, is it ok to then use an animals carcass for instruments in the singing of divine shabads of Akal Purakh waheguru? If we are so disgusted of the consumption of flesh, how then can we justify banging a drum made from the skin of a goat, or the construction of a ranjit nagara, to sound a heavy beat when we triumph over a battle, which saw killing of humans each side none the less?

Life and soul is in creation itself, waheguru is in the hunter, waheguru is in the hunted. The whole creation of the earth is a living being, it has its cycle of death and rebirth. Everything has a soul in creation, it is all living.

Too crave for meat is the same to crave for your favourite lentil, for after all is it not the craving we should overcome? The craving is holding our spiritual development back, not the food item. It's the kaam, krodh, mo, lobh & hankar we should be rid of.

I don't understand why people think souls are only prescribed to animals and humans? Why can a soul not be prescribed into a Tree, then the leaf of a tree, or a flower, or a plant, all these things are living being what feed of the mother which is earth itself as we do, after it's cycle, it is reintroduced into the earth and then the cycle begins again- reincarnation. Maybe the new plant or flower when blooms is a different soul to the one before? when we pull out the flower from its roots separating its life giving earth, are we not taking its life? The same for a vegetable, all these things are living! Who are we to say that they do not feel the pain of death once we pull them from the ever nourishing earth?

Also, if we become vegetarian, is it ok to then use an animals carcass for instruments in the singing of divine shabads of Akal Purakh waheguru? If we are so disgusted of the consumption of flesh, how then can we justify banging a drum made from the skin of a goat, or the construction of a ranjit nagara, to sound a heavy beat when we triumph over a battle, which saw killing of humans each side none the less?

Life and soul is in creation itself, waheguru is in the hunter, waheguru is in the hunted. The whole creation of the earth is a living being, it has its cycle of death and rebirth. Everything has a soul in creation, it is all living.

Too crave for meat is the same to crave for your favourite lentil, for after all is it not the craving we should overcome? The craving is holding our spiritual development back, not the food item. It's the kaam, krodh, mo, lobh & hankar we should be rid of.

sikh should not eat meat gurbani says hak praya nanaka us soor os gaay, gur peer hama ta pareh jah murdaar na kaheh. " The consumption of that which doesn't belong to you is like eating the forbidden foods of the hindus and muslims. The Guru will only help you if first you give up those things that belong to others. This can be in any shape or form such as others legal rights, others money or assetts or flesh.

eat meat you amass more dukh for yourselves Sant Harnam Singh Rampurkheriwale

Hey,

I've been meat free for a month now (am still eating eggs though). But i've invested in protein shakes and bars for women (I guess the eggs help too).

Holland and Barret have lots of stuff.

Cottage Cheese (tastes crap though), Quinoa (its healthier than cous cous), pumpkin seeds and Almonds all have good levels of protein. Soy milk too supposedly!

One thing I make and take to lunch is Quinoa with almonds and some spices...I add salad and nandos medium/garlic/wild herb) sauce for more flavour. - Light but high protein lunch :)

protein requierments are overrated ... I am a vegan and consume less than 50 gm of protiens (no protien shakes etc), yet can bench over 250 and have made nice gains in the gym ....

sikh should not eat meat gurbani says hak praya nanaka us soor os gaay, gur peer hama ta pareh jah murdaar na kaheh. " The consumption of that which doesn't belong to you is like eating the forbidden foods of the hindus and muslims. The Guru will only help you if first you give up those things that belong to others. This can be in any shape or form such as others legal rights, others money or assetts or flesh.

eat meat you amass more dukh for yourselves Sant Harnam Singh Rampurkheriwale

Veer ji, why is it ok to use animal carcasses? I dont understand. As Sikhs, if we were meant to be vegetarian, should we use products which have been made from an animal?