Do We Need A Mediator To Understand Gurbani

There is no divine consciousness/inner voice other than Gurbani in existence and nothing can match Gurbani. It is called wish full thinking to say to another attune to your intuitive divine consciousness. People that believe in this nonsense are deeply stuck in hankar/ego. They have this idea stuck in their head one day with my own efforts I will be able to attune to my divine consciousness and accomplish the ultimate goal (call it mukhti, unity with the One or whatever). Or they have it stuck in their head a religious book or so called divine person, who knows nothing about Gurbani and practices contrary to Gurbani will lead me to this ultimate goal. They twist, turn, beat Gurbani as an evil sword to get others to bow down to these ridiculous beliefs. Not a single soul ever reached the ultimate goal without Gurbani.

The amount of people that tried to reach the ultimate goal without Gurbani cannot be counted on one hand (Krishna, Vishnu, Brahma, Chandi, Durga, Shiva, Udhasis, list is endless). ALL, not one or two, BUT ALL lost their lives in the gamble. Not one single soul made it. Those that spread this, attune to your divine consciousness beliefs have all turned their backs on Gurbani for good. Their fate is no different. Thousands of times, countless times the Guru says ATTUNE to the Shabad (Gurbani), grab the hem of the Guru, bow at the feet of the Guru. Without attuning to the Shabad there is pitch darkness. These holy men in many different disguises are full of ego. They imply to others worship my beliefs, my thinking, my feet. Yesterday they wore Sadhu clothing, today they wear Sadhu, western, eastern, and many other dresses to trick and fool the masses. Where is the Shabad in their voice, not present even by mistake. Tricky is their first name. They pat each other on the back wishing to be followed. In the presence of Gurbani they will hold to their beliefs. The vedas (Upanishads) utter this nonsense of attune to divine consciousness. A student is only good as its teacher. Upanishads failed miserably to give the Shabad. They could not give it and neither did they receive it. How can anything give something when they did not receive it? These vedas teachers put many restraints on spirituality. They couldn't figure out what true spirituality was, but even the spirituality they learned through their studying they put restraints on. They define spirituality into stages. Now the same people in different garbs are trying to do the same with the Shabad. Shabad is not like a physics course. Shabad flows like a river. Those that are blessed connect in the first breath. They let the river take them for the ride.

Anyways enough from this moorakh. Listen to the below pauri and follow it with everything you have. There is nothing in this wish full thinking of attune to your divine consciousness. Vaheguru (Shabad) rest in everyone, but we need the Shabad (Gurbani) to awaken to it.

What these "attune to your divine consciousness" people are doing is saying when you come out of the womb tell me who your father is? Good luck chicken with your head cut off.

ਬਿਨੁ ਸਬਦੈ ਅੰਤਰਿ ਆਨੇਰਾ

बिनु सबदै अंतरि आनेरा ॥

Bin sabḏai anṯar ānerā.

Without the Shabad, there is only darkness within.

ਨ ਵਸਤੁ ਲਹੈ ਨ ਚੂਕੈ ਫੇਰਾ

न वसतु लहै न चूकै फेरा ॥

Na vasaṯ lahai na cẖūkai ferā.

The genuine article is not found, and the cycle of reincarnation does not end.

ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਹਥਿ ਕੁੰਜੀ ਹੋਰਤੁ ਦਰੁ ਖੁਲੈ ਨਾਹੀ ਗੁਰੁ ਪੂਰੈ ਭਾਗਿ ਮਿਲਾਵਣਿਆ

सतिगुर हथि कुंजी होरतु दरु खुलै नाही गुरु पूरै भागि मिलावणिआ ॥७॥

Saṯgur hath kunjī horaṯ ḏar kẖulai nāhī gur pūrai bẖāg milāvaṇi▫ā. ||7||

The key is in the hands of the True Guru; no one else can open this door. By perfect destiny, He is met. ||7||

There is a beautiful tuk in the Bani, which summarizes the topic of this thread, and throws light on it, of course who better than our Guru Sahibans to guide us with their Light.

Among them, was one such a noble and a pure One, He is known as Sachay Pathsha Guru Arjun Dev Maharaj.

And following are His sweet words in Raag Raamkali:

ਘੋਲਿ ਘੁਮਾਈ ਤਿਸੁ ਮਿਤ੍ਰ ਵਿਚੋਲੇ ਜੈ ਮਿਲਿ ਕੰਤੁ ਪਛਾਣਾ

Ghol Ghumaaee This Mithr Vicholae, Jai Mil, Kanth Pashhaanaa

घोलि घुमाई तिसु मित्र विचोले जै मिलि कंतु पछाणा

I am a dedicated, devoted sacrifice to that friend, that mediator, who leads me to recognize my Husband Lord.

* Well, there is nothing more to be commented, as these words are so clear and powerful by themselves, that when, one reads or listens them, one just remains dumb and speechless....so much beauty in them.... so much depth in them, so much love ..... and to the top of all, in a simple language ...

The english translation says mediator, but vichola in punjabi does not mean mediator. Vichola is best defined as middle man that brings the bride to her husband. And there is only one 'middle' man that can do this when speaking in terms of Sikhi; its Gurbani alone. Only Gurbani (the Shabad) can deliver a person to to their Husband Vaheguru.

Here is the full shabad on ang 964

ਸਲੋਕ ਮਃ ੫

सलोक मः ५ ॥

Salok mėhlā 5.

Shalok, Fifth Mehl:

ਤੈਡੀ ਬੰਦਸਿ ਮੈ ਕੋਇ ਨ ਡਿਠਾ ਤੂ ਨਾਨਕ ਮਨਿ ਭਾਣਾ

तैडी बंदसि मै कोइ न डिठा तू नानक मनि भाणा ॥

Ŧaidī banḏas mai ko▫e na diṯẖā ṯū Nānak man bẖāṇā.

I have not seen any other like You. You alone are pleasing to Nanak's mind.

घोलि घुमाई तिसु मित्र विचोले जै मिलि कंतु पछाणा ॥१॥

Gẖol gẖumā▫ī ṯis miṯar vicẖole jai mil kanṯ pacẖẖāṇā. ||1||

I am a dedicated, devoted sacrifice to that friend, that mediator, who leads me to recognize my Husband Lord. ||1||

The english translation says mediator, but vichola in punjabi does not mean mediator.

Vichola is best defined as middle man that brings the bride to her husband. And there is only one 'middle' man that can do this when speaking in terms of Sikhi; its Gurbani alone. Only Gurbani (the Shabad) can deliver a person to to their Husband Vaheguru.

Here is the full shabad on ang 964

ਸਲੋਕ ਮਃ ੫

सलोक मः ५ ॥

Salok mėhlā 5.

Shalok, Fifth Mehl:

ਤੈਡੀ ਬੰਦਸਿ ਮੈ ਕੋਇ ਨ ਡਿਠਾ ਤੂ ਨਾਨਕ ਮਨਿ ਭਾਣਾ

तैडी बंदसि मै कोइ न डिठा तू नानक मनि भाणा ॥

Ŧaidī banḏas mai ko▫e na diṯẖā ṯū Nānak man bẖāṇā.

I have not seen any other like You. You alone are pleasing to Nanak's mind.

घोलि घुमाई तिसु मित्र विचोले जै मिलि कंतु पछाणा ॥१॥

Gẖol gẖumā▫ī ṯis miṯar vicẖole jai mil kanṯ pacẖẖāṇā. ||1||

I am a dedicated, devoted sacrifice to that friend, that mediator, who leads me to recognize my Husband Lord. ||1||

Barinder Singh Jee

I do not understand, why one should like to complicate things? What is the need for it? In almost each and every post done by us members, you have to put your fingers in like a naughty boy, who can not control his instincts.

Come on, be mature. We are on a forum, to share our points of views, listen, and learn ....not to throw your tantrums. It is quite disgusting. We are all having a nice and cordial relation on this website, and since you have come, if one looks at your posts, they are just to counter the rest of the members posts.

That is HANKAR. Your own deluded ideas, you are encaged in your own fantasy world, from which you do not want to come out to the reality. Just by writing the Bani, though you may use or recite the whole of the bani, but that then, does no effect on you, because you do not put even a tiny fraction of it into practice, otherwise you would have surely behaved in a diffrent way.

Apart from your HANKAR, your speech, your attitude, denote frustration. Cool down man, relax a little bit. He has not told you to take care of His creation, He is capable of handling it much better than any of us, including you. So do not take so much burden on your shoulders.

Be a little humble while dealing with your fellow people. You are among social beings, so behave yourself, like a normal person. You just know how to accuse and put down others, with your very limited mind. You want to impose yourself, above others.

You want to have the last word always. But having last word, does not mean you are right. So be careful while dealing with the sangat here, though members we may be, but we are His Sangat, and for the Sangat, one must have the attitude of seva, of humility, not to throw your own closed ideas, though you refer to the topics with the Bani, but your words used in your posts by themselves are totally empty. Mark it, not the Bani, but your ideas are empty.

If only you had put into practice, even 1% of what you say from the Bani, beleive it, this your present state today would be radically diffrent .

As brother Sat said, and I agree with him, it is true you have a firm faith in Guru Maharaj and in the Bani, which is very good indeed, but do not be so rigid, that you become an imbalanced unhuman dictator with your fellow beings, and loose all your virtues on the other side.

Come on, grow a little bit in maturity, do not be so childish with this your narrow minded behaviour.

For example, you are saying vichola in punjabi is not mediator, but middle man.... so what is the difference?

Whether you prefer to say middle man, or some say mediator ....tell me what is the difference? Is it not the same thing? Because the middle man as per you, or the mediator as others say, aren´t they both in this case, between the bride soul and the husband Wahiguru, to deliver the soul bride unto Him?

Then, what is the difference?

You see, being so narrow minded, make you complicate simple things, and then you yourself are lost in your own theoretical world.....

Forget this, in the same line, the Bani says: Ghol Ghumaaee This Mithr .... and so, tis mitter means, that friend, which acts as a mediator or middle man as you say...

By the way, middle man as you prefer to say, and mediator as translated and seen in the authorized press by proffessionals, refer to a particular man, not any man, not any middle man, because middle man friend, or mediator friend, both refer to that particular being, that particular power of Shabad in them, which delivers the bride soul, to her Husband Lord.

By the way, no mediator friend, no middle man friend, has the guts to do anything by himself, if he has not got direct Hukum from Wahiguru Akal Purukh, to bring that particular soul back to Him.

So you see, everything starts from Him, and ends with Him. He is the engine motor behind, each and everything and everybody.

Without His Hukum, not even a leaf of a tree dares to move by itself.

In spite of all your misbehaviour, I wish you good luck. Try to think a little bit, you are being advised for your own betterment.

Just relax, do not be so tensed, beacuse tension does not give clarity of mind, rather just a state of confusion.

May Wahiguru bless you with maturity, beacuse love and faith for Him, you already have.