Mool Mantar Debate Ended

MiddxSingh

I don't think that anyone is arguing about the mool mantar ending at 'gurparsad' or 'nanak hosi bi sach'',- I think that arguing stemmed from what mantar leads to what !!

Like you say, you can either do jap or don't do it, the choice is yours but there is no point arguing of what one should and shouldn't do.

For ALL those young/new/ beginner sikhs out there who have probably got confused reading this....

My advice is that if you are just trying to start and walk the path or find the ropes, then start with Gurmantar .''WaheGuru'' to begin with. Once you start this with dedication and devotion, then the rest will follow with his kirpa.

That is just my personal opinion from my own experience.

However, I know some people who start with ''Satnaam Waheguru'' or just ''Satnaam''. - These sikhs are also progressing very well, it's not as if one will make things speedy and the other may leave you lagging behind !

Interestingly, there is scientific evidence of the ''SATNAAM'' being very effective in stimulating the 84 meridian points that further lead to stimulation of hypothalamus and pineal gland.

But, this is science and i don't doubt it. Nonetheless, we should not approach such issue with just science in mind because without any dhian it can be an empty practice.

Always think -GURMAT !!!

I just listened to gyani thakur singh ji audio again drowning bit regarding this carefully*, its about time that we all contextualize it before it didn't make sense to me but now it actually does. He gives lot of indication what he is saying-

Here is my understanding- thats just one aspect to break it down for understanding purposes

Mool mantra up to nanak hosi bhi sach has both nirgun and sargun aspect of vahiguroo ji (without satguru nanak stamp- nanak hosi bhi sach) from gurmat sidhant perspective (not talking about individual sikh avastha perspective as it does not apply to all as everyone is sitting at different different avastha) but from one gurmat sidhant maryada perspective which supposed to cater all most importantly beginners - one cannot transcendent towards nirgun aspects of vahiguroo , higher avastha perception of maha/mool mantra without going through sargun pereception (satguru nanak sargun sarop- up to nanak hosi bhi sach), someone who is a begineer its gradual journey from sargun perception of mool mantra (up to nanak hosi bhi sach) to nirgun aspect of mool mantra up to gurparsad- par bhram all pervading nirgun saroop of vahiguroo ji/satguru nanak.

How do we know this? Arths of mool mantra itself and also Gyani ji mentions interesting parallel sakhi of bhai mardhana ji doing jaap of sohang (not recommended at all for begineers, intermediatory) he started drowning in the water when travelling with satguru nanak dev ji by copying satguru nanak dev ji (listen to sant hari singh full katha on vahiguroo mantra) then he was rescued when he was told by satguru nanak dev ji do jaap of one universal gurmantra- vahiguroo (suitable for all).

So in essence or to simplify it - think of it in stages- mool mantra up to nanak hosi bhi sach is absolute must for beginners, intermediateory stage as it has sargun and nirgun aspects characteristic of vahiguroo ji which helps an begineer to transcedent slowly from sargun to nirgun (as begineer intuitation/surti itself is sargun to begin with) but once one gets to good high avastha- automatically drawn towards all pervading nirgun parbhram aspect of vahiguroo then under guidance of mahapursh in form of panj can do continous jaap/abhyaas of maha/mool mantra up to gurparsad/bij mantra/mahavak mantra/gurmantra with nirgun perception.

--

---

I just listened to gyani thakur singh ji audio again drowning bit regarding this carefully*, its about time that we all contextualize it before it didn't make sense to me but now it actually does. He gives lot of indication what he is saying-

Here is my understanding- thats just one aspect to break it down for understanding purposes

Mool mantra up to nanak hosi bhi sach has both nirgun and sargun aspect of vahiguroo ji (without satguru nanak stamp- nanak hosi bhi sach) from gurmat sidhant perspective (not talking about individual sikh avastha perspective as it does not apply to all as everyone is sitting at different different avastha but from one gurmat sidhant maryada perspective which supposed to cater all most importantly beginners - one cannot transcendent towards nirgun aspects of vahiguroo , higher avastha perception of maha/mool mantra without going through sargun (satguru nanak sargun sarop- up to nanak hosi bhi sach), someone who is a begineer its gradual journey from sargun perception of mool mantra (up to nanak hosi bhi sach) to nirgun aspect of mool mantra up to gurparsad- par bhram all pervading nirgun saroop of vahiguroo ji/satguru nanak.

How do we know this? Arths of mool mantra itself and also Gyani ji mentions interesting parallel sakhi of bhai mardhana ji doing jaap of sohang (not recommended at all for begineers, intermediatory) he started drowning in the water when travelling with satguru nanak dev ji by copying satguru nanak dev ji (listen to sant hari singh full katha on vahiguroo mantra) then he was rescued when he was told by satguru nanak dev ji do jaap of one universal gurmantra- vahiguroo (suitable for all).

So in essence or to simplify it - think of it in stages- mool mantra up to nanak hosi bhi sach is absolute must for beginners, intermediateory stage as it has sargun and nirgun aspects characteristic of vahiguroo ji which helps an begineer to transcedent slowly from sargun to nirgun (as begineer intuitation/surti itself is sargun to begin with) but once one gets to good high avastha- automatically drawn towards all pervading nirgun parbhram aspect of vahiguroo then under guidance of mahapursh in form of panj can do continous jaap/abhyaas of maha/mool mantra up to gurparsad/bij mantra/mahavak mantra/gurmantra with nirgun perception.

--

---

Thanks Neo ji !