Bhai Sahib Bhai Gurbaksh Singh Khalsa's Hunger Strike

ekgurjaskhalsa

State controlled Hindu media not uttering a single word about this news is a proof of the fact "Sikhs are slaves in India, Sikhs are being illegaly kept in jails, there is illegal torture on Sikhs in India", and this is not just on Sikhs, the Naxalite movement/torture on Dalits/Tamils is quite common in India, but is never reported by the state controlled Hindu media.

On the other hand, the news of a Hindu consultate in USA from India misuing her USA VISA, by illegally hiring a worker less than USA minimum wages, USA taking legitimate actions, and India Inc. :D taking stupid reciproactory actions is the mainstay of state controlled Indian media.

Updates from Gurdwara Amb Sahib – Bhai Gurbaksh Singh’s Hunger Strike Enters 33rd day

By: Sikh24 Editors

14114_gurbaksh_singh_gurdas_mann-395x600

Gurdas Mann with Bhai Gurbaksh Singh Khalsa at Gurdwara Amb Sahib. Bhai Amrik Singh Ajnala, Damdami Taksal, can be seeing in the picture as well.

AJITGARH, Punjab (December 17, 2013)—Bhai Gurbaksh Singh Khalsa’s hunger strike has entered the 33rd day. Bhai Sahib remains in rising spirits and speaks to the Sikh congregation whenever possible. Ever since announcing his fast until death, he has remained steadfast in his demands to free Sikh political prisoners. At the same time, he has continued to remain imbued in naam and prayer. While Chaupai Sahib recitation has continued at Gurdwara Amb Sahib, Bhai Gurbaksh Singh spends much of his time listening to other banis and kirtan. Just yesterday, after a group of Gursikhs arrived from Jallandhar and started doing kirtan around midnight, Bhai Gurbaksh Singh got up to be in sangat.

This past Monday, a large scale march was taken out from Damdama Sahib that reached Gurdwara Amb Sahib. Sikhs from a number of villages took part in the march and raised awareness of Bhai Gurbaksh Singh’s message.

While much is being done by Sikhs worldwide to raise awareness, the campaign has not received much support at a local grassroots level. In addition, the self proclaimed Saint’s Union, Sant Samaj members who had received much love and respect from Bhai Gurbaksh Singh have now gone quiet and have remained absent from further meetings at Gurdwara Amb Sahib. Damdami Taksal Jathedar, Baba Harnaam Singh who is the President of Sant Samaj has remained missing ever since Bhai Gurbaksh Singh started his hunger strike on November 14.

Today, Sikhs across Punjab (including Chandigarh) will be holding protests outside offices of Deputy Commissioners to bring awareness of the cause.

Sikh24 is making the following suggestions to bring the movement to the next level –

1) First and foremost, Baba Ranjit Singh Dhadriawale should organize diwans at Gurdwara Amb Sahib. He should start a march from Gurdwara Parmeshuar Dwar and arrive at Gurdwara Amb Sahib to express full solidarity with Bhai Gurbaksh Singh’s mission.

2) Preachers such as Giani Pinderpal Singh and Bhai Amrik Singh (Chandigarh) who have supported Panthik causes in the past should be invited by Sikh Sangat to hold regular programs at Gurdwara Amb Sahib. Bhai Amrik Singh openly spoke in favour of Bhai Gurbaksh Singh, however Giani Pinderpal Singh has remained silent.

3) Sikh Sangat in Punjab should once again hoist “nishan sahibs” atop their houses to express solidarity with Bhai Gurbaksh Singh.

4) Panthik leaders should draft a list of detainees of other communities who have completed their sentences but remain lodged in jails. This list should include a list of Tamil and Kashmiri detainees, amongst others.

5) Sikh Sangat living worldwide should contact their Government officials and Human Rights Organizations and seek their involvement in this case. An email template has been made available on Sikh24.com that can be copied and forwarded. In addition, sangat living worldwide should request their relatives and friends to visit Bhai Gurbaksh Singh at Gurdwara Amb Sahi.

We believe point #1 is most important because people in villages who stand with Baba Ranjit Singh Dhadrianwale need to rise and join Bhai Gurbaksh Singh. This can only happen if personalities like Baba Dhadrianwale openly support the cause of Bhai Gurbaksh Singh. Although Bhai Sahib has visited Bhai Gurbaksh Singh in person a number of times, he is yet to hold a program at Gurdwara Amb Sahib.

For those who didnt understand the conversation between Singh and NDTV:

Ring..
Welcome to ndtv
Please dial extension no. or wait for an assistance
Lady: Hello
Singh: Is this NDTV?
Lady: Yes, how can I help?
Singh:Can I know your name?
Lady: No sir, how can I help?
Singh:I wanted to know if you have any correspondent in Punjab..
Lady: Yes, in Chandigarh
Singh: If so, didn’t your correspondent tell you about Bhai Gurbaksh Singh who is on a hunger strike at Amb Sahib in Mohali for release of sikh prisoners who have served their jail terms ?
Why do you not cover that on your channel or website?
Please don’t disconnect my call.
Lady: I am not disconnecting it. Why are you saying so?
Singh: Actually I rang many media outlets n channels but all of them did disconnect my call after asking the same.
Lady: No, I will not. Say what you want to say
Singh: Do you know about what is happening there or is the govt pressurising you not to cover this?
Lady: No, we do get daily updates by our correspondences but the higher authorities decide what to do with that info.
Singh: What do you mean by ‘they’ decide what to do.
Lady: The higher authorities decide to cover it or not.
Singh: Ok, what should I do now? You can transfer my call to whosoever you want to.
Lady: Ok. I will transfer
Ring
Man: yes
Singh: Am I talking to NDTV
Man: Yes, how can I help?
Singh: Can I know whom I am talking to ?
Man: Amit speaking.
Singh: Do you have a correspondent in Punjab?
Man: Yes, continue
Singh: In Punjab a Sikh is sitting on hunger strike since 14 november. Why don’t you cover that?
Man: We are aware of it.
Singh: Since when are you aware of this news?
Call disconnected.