Bhai Sahib Bhai Gurbaksh Singh Khalsa's Hunger Strike

ekgurjaskhalsa

This Singh, Bhai Jatinder Singh got permission for a 2-day Hunger Strike in Delhi. He sat at place for two days at Tilak nagar and this evening He was asked to leave the place by Police.

But, Singh is continuing his Hunger Strike on an OPEN ROAD IN THIS COLD WEATHER outside Gurudwara Baba Zorawar Singh Baba Fateh Singh in Fateh Nagar, New Delhi.

Dhan Gursikh Jo es vele vi Naam Jappke ate Bhukh-Hadtal rakh ke Bhai Gurbaksh Singh da saath de rahe han.

1501843_645807808793745_1967097091_n.jpg

I don't know if these protests will achieve anything. The prisoners they want released are what Indians see as terrorists who tried to violently partition India. It's like asking turkeys to vote for Christmas.

My view is if they have completed their sentences they should be vetted and released if they pose no further risk. The authorities may be fearing that once released they will re-start their activities and risk the hard won peace.

I don't know if these protests will achieve anything. The prisoners they want released are what Indians see as terrorists who tried to violently partition India. It's like asking turkeys to vote for Christmas.

My view is if they have completed their sentences they should be vetted and released if they pose no further risk. The authorities may be fearing that once released they will re-start their activities and risk the hard won peace.

Irrespective who these political prisoners are, they should be released if they have served their terms.

Indian Judicial system gave them a particular jail sentence (whether that was harsh or not that is a different topic of discussion) and as per the law of the land, they must be released.

Ever heard of basic human rights (BHR) ?

BTW what hard won peace are you talking about?

If govt wants save its face, they should try to release the 6 prisoners so that Bhai Gurbaksh Singh ji can be saved!

There are two set of rules, one is for Sikhs and other is for Hindues. If as a Hindu, you kill hundred of Sikhs then you get cabinet positions, otherwise as a Sikh you stay in the jail even after your jail term is over " because we don't wanna risk so called hard won peace".

WJKK WJKF

its good to see the chardikala of bhai gurbaksh singh ji.. i m totally supporting him for this cause.. i m not offending him in anyway.. i have great respect for him..

but just a question for our future.. y we sikhs have opted for this hunger strike style protest.. like i m not complaining ..just want to assure myself... becoz we know this govt and badal and this system will not change.. even if he dies it would be like a fly has dead and the system will remain same...

y dont we sikhs just give a kick in the butt of such a sarkar.. do not vote at all for anyone .. do not let pass any legislative bill.. just protest ..stop the work.. stop going to govt offices.. stop driving taxis trucks.. stop working on farms.. stop the money exchange.. their are hundreds of ways..

y the need of hunger strike.. yes he is still in chardikala.. thts because he must be a pure at heart gursikh.. no doubt in that.. he will surely accept death smilingly... but what wud be the result.. one more added in the list of shaheedi.. and the time goes on..!!

its soo frustrating... i feel like crying and sometimes angry..

I posted a video on this forum about "Sikh Prisoners" Day and Night News. Please watch it as you will understand the situation clearly.

In the video, Advocate Bains said that technically it is not right to say that they have served their full terms. Life sentence is life sentence. It is government's decision to let them go free or not after 14 years. So it is LEGAL for the government to keep them behind the jails.

Very sad. As most of the cases, govt will let them out but since they are political prisoners, they are treated harshly as govt is scared of them.

Solution is that Punjab Govt i.e. Badals have to built pressure on the state govts where those prisoners are, to free them.

It is in hands of Badals and Panth is watching them.