Teach Yourself Complete Panjabi

• 4 weeks later...

Gur fateh! Even I desperately want to learn for the same reasons. I have tried in the past to listen to the english hukam translations by Bhai Sukha Singh and write down the words he translates. It won't be learning the language perfectly, but at least it will be getting some vocab in us. Try it until someone has another suggestion! I wouldn't mind buddying up with you so we can quiz each other and stuff. :) Let me know and Good luck!

Thanks for the suggestions, and I wouldn't mind buddying up nkaur25.

I had to return the Complete Panjabi because their was a problem with the CDs, but I plan on ordering it again. Looking through the book, it seemed very good to work with.

Also, I can't seem to put the link in here, but has anyone tried the Gurbani Tutor download? I saw a link for it on SikhNet the other day, and it seems great. There's no English translations from what I gather, but there's someone's voice reading SGGS with each word lit up as he recites it. It seems like a good way to learn how to pronounce the words in SGGS. I am kind of afraid to download it on my computer as I had a bad experience with another download; also the website is entirely written in Punjabi so I am unable to read anything about it.

Edit to add: I am unable to find Punjabi Reader Level 1 by Mr. Vatuk on Amazon, do you know where it's sold? I just looked on Google, and can't seem to find it for sale. It does say it was published in 1964, I wonder if it's still in print?