Petition: 'sikh Nation' Declare That Gurbachan Singh Is Not Our Jathedar.

WaljinderSingh

Please sign the petition if you do not want Giani Gurbachan Singh ji as Jathedaar of the supreme authority built by Sri Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji - Dhan Sri Akaal Takhat Sahib ji.

Petitioning Akaal Takhat Sahib Through SGPC: 'Sikh Nation' Declare that Gurbachan Singh is not our Jathedar.
rKWbsKbZptODfyu-556x313-noPad.jpg?138656

https://www.change.org/petitions/akaal-takhat-sahib-through-sgpc-sikh-nation-declare-that-gurbachan-singh-is-not-our-jathedar#share

Had a few thoughts relating to this topic:

1. Theoretical question: if the panthic agoo's/jathe/sangat all deemed the current Singh sahib not worthy of their position and removed them whilst nominating a more suitable candidate (papal election style, however including main jathe).. Would this be correct/a bad precedent???

2. If the SGPC was elected by Sarbat khalsa I don't think there would be any of the issues with dodgy Singh sahibs we are seeing, but I guess that would mean emperor badal kissing goodbye to his honeypot..

For me a revolution needs to take place to make no. 2 possible if there is no real positive change over the next few yrz and I think more and more folks will begin to agree.. However the thought of the bloodshed that would come as result of this makes me think twice..

Please sign the petition if you do not want Giani Gurbachan Singh ji as Jathedaar of the supreme authority built by Sri Hargobind Sahib Ji - Dhan Sri Akaal Takhat Sahib ji.

Petitioning Akaal Takhat Sahib Through SGPC: 'Sikh Nation' Declare that Gurbachan Singh is not our Jathedar.

rKWbsKbZptODfyu-556x313-noPad.jpg?138656

https://www.change.org/petitions/akaal-takhat-sahib-through-sgpc-sikh-nation-declare-that-gurbachan-singh-is-not-our-jathedar#share

Veerji

Before I sign this, i really need to know who is behind it. I have read the blurb and agree with it fully, that however is not enough. Who is behind this petition??

Bhul chuk maaf

This petition or viewpoint should be made VIRAL. What jathedar stays quiet to please his political masters whilst a Gursikh starves himself to death for the release of our brothers.

A revolution first starts at home and we need to get our own house in order. The first step is to refuse to recognise a so-called jathedar who has served the panth on a plate to Badal.

The second step is to influence sangat within your circles,

The third step is to BOYCOTT him wherever he goes.

Only the sangat can send this message, THAT WE ARE AN INDEPENDENT QUAM WHO WILL NOT YIELD TO THE PUNJAB/INDIAN GOVERNMENT OR SUCCUMB TO IT'S STOOGES, WHETHER THATS BADAL OR GURBACHAN SINGH.

Jaago Singho!!

Veerji

Before I sign this, i really need to know who is behind it. I have read the blurb and agree with it fully, that however is not enough. Who is behind this petition??

Bhul chuk maaf

I dont care who the person is who started as I find it at least a genuine effort to send a clear cut message.

The petition itself will not remove him from office but it will clearly send a red signal !

Its Dr. Avtar Singh from Surrey who actually wrote to him.

There you go! Thanks Mehtab Singh !

Open Letter To Bhai Gurbachan Singh:

December 8, 2013

It is indeed a sad statement on your integrity as the Akal Takhat Jethedar whereby you have failed to support the Sikh Sangat and Bhai Gurbaksh Singh by declaring the hunger strike morcha of Bhai Gurbaksh Singh as anti-gurmat after meeting Sukhbir Badal and you have failed to uphold the sanctity of Ardaas that you were part of on December 4 , 2013. I and many Sikhs around the globe have been watching your actions as the current Akal Takhat Jathedar with great dismay as you have consistently failed to act in accordance with upholding Sikh values, pursuit of justice for Sikhs and most importantly in standing in solidarity with the Sikh Sangat on critical issues affecting the Sikh Nation. Your failure to fully support Bhai Gurbaksh Singh’s peaceful and just hunger strike which the Sikh Sangat has endorsed is a critical example of your lack of leadership and vision. I have lost confidence in your ability to represent the Sikhs as Akal Takhat Jathedar and as a humble member of the Sangat, I request that you resign from this post immediately.

While I have full faith in the institution of the Akal Takhat as ordained by our Panth, it has been clear from your statements and actions that you as Akal Takhat Jathedar are not to be trusted with the responsibility and honour of representing the Sikh people. Please take note that I, Bhai Avtar Singh , a medical doctor in Surrey, Canada no longer consider you as Jathedar of Akal Takhat. I am confident that the Sikh Sangat too will in the near future act to remove you from this critical position and appoint a true Jathedar who is an example of Khalsa spirit and service to the Panth.

Avtar Singh .