Sign in to follow this  
WaljinderSingh

Petition: 'sikh Nation' Declare That Gurbachan Singh Is Not Our Jathedar.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The current situation is a direct result of selling out to the British and allowing the SGPC and electoral system to be bought into SIkh religious matters. This is the price of removing the Akaali Nihangs from Akal Takht and allowing SIkh Institutions to come under indian political control (i.e: sgpc under punjab government, who are ultimately controlled by Indian goverment).

Until Akal Takht is not once again independant and speaks directly for panthic interest without regard for national politics..you can forget about any decisions beneficial to Sikhi being made..

This is not even a document.

For filing purposes it does not even have a file number, it says special which means we can deny its existence or legitimacy whenever......without a signature it is absolutely worthless.....

We have to have realistic goals. Badals cannot just be removed from power, it is just not that easy.

However an opportunity has arisen to capitalise on the anti badal sentiment that has now risen in the Sikh panth. We need to seriously make efforts to organise a third party to contest the next elections in punjab.

The third party should fight sikh causes as well as the supporting the poor and removing corruption. Just recently the "aam admi party" has delivered a heavy defeat to the congress party.

The sgpc should not be demolished and has the capacity to be great institution. There should be no political style elections for the sgpc. All we require for sgpc are gursikhs who have hunger to do gurmat parchar.

The akal takht jathedar, under the guidance of the 5 pyare, should have the highest authority in the panth.

This being said I do not see he above happening anytime soon.

• Like 1

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

No less than the Sarbat Khalsa being summoned will be appropriate to remove the current Jathedar from his position. If it is somehow done without the Sarbat Khalsa meeting, the backlash is that Sikhi will be fractured into Jathebandis with no central authority to issue any Hukamnamas or unify the Panth under the Akaal Takht Sahib.

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT THE GOVERNMENT WANTS.

Only Sarbat Khalsa can remove him. The government will put all obstacles in the Sikhs path to organize the Sarbat Khalsa (because the last time it met, Khalistan was declared. Big things happen when it meets) and will make every effort to dismantle, sideline, oppose from all fronts and use violence to prevent its occurance.

Be warned: Simply calling for the Jathedar to be removed or, worse, ignoring the Jathedar's edicts (really of the Punj Singh Sahiban) will leave the Panth crippled and a prime target for victimization. No central Maryada will be enforced, no means of bringing grievances to a resolution will exist, all Jathebandis will be more siloed into their divisions (and may begin open animosity against each other) and the government will have that much of an easier time to make more inroads into Sikhi.

Calm down, think this through. The Jathedar is not the problem.

If there is one thing to do, it is to get rid of Badal parivar (the whole family - they are like the Gandhi-Nehru parivar - if one lives, he/she will take up the campaign against the Sikhs again) and make them all pay in such a dear fashion that the next one the government picks to be its replacement will think twice before ever crossing the Panth. May the Badal parivar meet such an end that all who even think of going down their path will shudder at the very thought of their end and think many times over before taking a government paycheck. And may the Panth make quick work of that next lineage that dares to oppose Sikhi in the form of a Sikh and remain ever vigilant.

Edited by ms514
  • Like 3