Burning In Body After Meditation.

Guest CKaur

A new thing i learnt today from study of Ayurved is that sugar is inflammatory. That would explain the devastation it causes in those who lack insulin (diabetes sufferers). Skin complaint sufferers should completely abstain from sugar. Processed white sugar is especially bad. Crushed Gur or brown sugar is a better option but in moderation

The taseer of Ginger is garam.....adding fire to burning will only add to the problem. If you look at the ayurved mool mantra of Vay Pit Kaf then the thread starter has a inbalance of the 3 with an increase in Pit (heat). Milk, oil and complete cessation of sugar will surely help. Caffeine alcohol tea etc should always be avoided since they have no nutritional benefits.

If ginger tea or ginger ale (with water) gives relief then have it, otherwise stop.

I think Ckaur lives in a cold country therefore garam is ok.

In fact she should avoid dairy if suffering from inflammation or arthritis.

Have a look -

http://www.healthline.com/health-slideshow/foods-to-avoid-with-arthritis#8

I usually find myself "burning" when I'm angry with someone, a group of someones or at something. It's kinda handy at this time of year, allows you to turn the heating down- saving on your utility bills which is quite handy.

When you find peace within yourself the burning stops, so coming to terms with whatever is making you angry.

Avoiding milk when you have arthritis is a bad choice, some of it is said by hippies, non-arthritis sufferers and by speculative science. Dairy contains rich amounts of calcium which is required when your joints are being destroyed under arthritis inflammations. Dairy is rich in proteins which is good also for the nervous system and the muscles in the human body. If anything on a hot day a nice cold glass of pasteurized milk can cool you down. Milk is such a unique drink which contains a rich amount of vitamins, minerals and nutrients required for sustenance the only thing it really lacks in is in fibre. If you are heating up from constipation try eating rich fibres like oranges, apples, bread (brown especially).

http://www.arthritiswa.org.au/content/page/osteoporosis-prevention.html

http://www.arthritisresearchuk.org/arthritis-information/arthritis-and-daily-life/diet-and-arthritis/vitamins-and-minerals.aspx

In my opinion Ayurveda, homeopathy, acupuncture, numerology, Chinese medicine, herbal medicine is mostly nonsense bakwas, it either uses a unsafe quantity of western medicine or medicines which were taken off the pharmacy shelves years ago for deaths. I personally think governments should shut them down or regulate them intensely to leave all the stuff that can just make you a soup. If you get a reliable book which contains a list of herbal medicines and search them on the internet, research them thoroughly you will learn how some are very bad and lethal for your health. Alot of what was good of ancient herbal medicines has already been extracted and taken into western medicine already. Many medicines available have through such myths been discovered to be true while others were lethal such as eating magic mushrooms to cure diseases.

You can read a scientific paper on the dangers of Ayurveda
http://www.sactrc.org/IJEnvH203-415_Dargan%20et%20al.pdf

Related another scientific paper but on the dangers of Chinese Medicine (a similar form of medicine)

https://www.thieme-connect.de/ejournals/html/10.1055/s-0030-1250533

Just to prove to you why Homeopathy is nonsense and dangerous is this: http://abchomeopathy.com/r.php/Acon

From that website and in other homeopathy books is a special flower, which is also poisonous we can see our fine Sikh sister killed her husband using the same flower.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aconitum this tells you the name of it, which will allow you to put 2 and 2 together to figure out why consuming that herb would be a very bad idea.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/7205840/Woman-used-rare-poison-in-curry-to-kill-ex-lover.html

A new thing i learnt today from study of Ayurved is that sugar is inflammatory. That would explain the devastation it causes in those who lack insulin (diabetes sufferers). Skin complaint sufferers should completely abstain from sugar. Processed white sugar is especially bad. Crushed Gur or brown sugar is a better option but in moderation

I haven't been able to find any medical references to sugar being inflammatory - the reason it causes devastation in those who lack insulin is...well, because they lack insulin. Insulin is needed for the body to absorb sugar from the blood, so people without insulin have very high blood sugar levels.

Abstaining from sugar altogether is bad, since we need it in our diets, it's a primary source of energy. However, it is sensible to control the amount of sugar you eat, I think the recommended daily allowance is about 90g/day for men. :)

I haven't been able to find any medical references to sugar being inflammatory - the reason it causes devastation in those who lack insulin is...well, because they lack insulin. Insulin is needed for the body to absorb sugar from the blood, so people without insulin have very high blood sugar levels.

Abstaining from sugar altogether is bad, since we need it in our diets, it's a primary source of energy. However, it is sensible to control the amount of sugar you eat, I think the recommended daily allowance is about 90g/day for men. :)

It is not inflammatory as you guessed sunnyji.

and there is nothing wrong with the natural approaches as mentioned by username1 above. :nono:

They are much less likely to do you harm compared to conventional medicines.

One should first look at exactly what your trying to treat and the options available. :biggrin2:

and there is nothing wrong with the natural approaches as mentioned by username1 above. :nono:

One should first look at exactly what your trying to treat and the options available. :biggrin2:

Being a medical student has helped already haha :biggrin2:

If you read what I said carefully herbal medicine can be harmful (I gave proof and cases of it) and the claim that if it doesn't help it won't harm is nonsense. Herbal medicine can be very harmful. Western medicine is more safe.

Being a medical student has helped already haha :biggrin2:

There is research being done about it, some limited research shows sugar might cause inflammation found in autoimmune diseases. Although it's not with absolute proof, and it's a question of diet and how you maintain health. Generally there have been cases were patients have improved their health through better diets, with that the quality of life they had improved and they did go into remission. So some have drawn into conclusion that fatty foods did that to them. However you will find people with balanced diets do suffer from autoimmune illnesses aswell.

Infact let me say this on the record, herbal medicines are likely to do more harm than western medicines are. Simply because western medicines are tested, peer-reviewed, monitored, regulated, constantly tested and are based off empirical evidence not fairy tales mixed in with some true stories. Right now there is absolutely no regulation on herbal medicines so you can literally eat poison.

There is research being done about it, some limited research shows sugar might cause inflammation found in autoimmune diseases. Although it's not with absolute proof, and it's a question of diet and how you maintain health. Generally there have been cases were patients have improved their health through better diets, with that the quality of life they had improved and they did go into remission. So some have drawn into conclusion that fatty foods did that to them. However you will find people with balanced diets do suffer from autoimmune illnesses aswell.

Infact let me say this on the record, herbal medicines are likely to do more harm than western medicines are. Simply because western medicines are tested, peer-reviewed, monitored, regulated, constantly tested and are based of empirical evidence not fairy tale mixed in with some true stories. Right now there is absolutely no regulation on herbal medicines so you can literally eat poison.

Yeah, I have seen some stuff on that tbh, but that's in very rare circumstances, and as you say there's no conclusive proof yet, just correlations. I totally agree about herbal medicines - the process that normal medicines go through is very very tightly controlled and regulated. Most people don't know that 99.99% of medicines don't make it to the public market because of this long safety process!