Being Proud To Be Indian

Big_Tera

Are you suggesting we should be more proud of being British?

Sikhs are very well represented in Indian culture. from music, sports, culture.India doesn't belong to anyone one .it belongs to everyone. Yes the government might be against Sikhs. but thats the government. which has nothing to do with the average people and culture ect.

I am proud of being a British Indo Punjabi Sikh, This is where im Born and spent 30 something years. Not being english does not mean i have no roots!

Bhangra - hindi fusion a bit too soft for my liking. We Outside have nothing against Indians and share lots of common ground. It just so happens that we have Distinct Identity and Conciousness that is ever present in here and now.

When other people are so proud of where they come from ie mexico, spain, ect. why shouldn't we say we are proud to be an Indian. it doesn't make us any less Sikh.This is our land and I love going to India and visiting our homeland. Ive traveled to many countries but nothing compares to India and my home City of Amritsar.

We are proud to tell others where we come from.Most of the Early diasporas were from villages in Punjab no SKy TV, no music box, to link to Continent, hence here and now we market Punjabi music, folk, cuisine what our ancestors left behind.. We are the children of men and women who left India very shortly after its independance, not having tasted Nationalism!

It does not mean we dislike India or its lovely vibrant people. Of course we are proud of Unity of all Humans.

Religion has nothing to do with it paaji. If your 3rd 4th generation athiest even your living outside, Whats a place 7000 miles other side of earth going to give you ??

It just so happens a 3rd 4th generation ENglish migrant in America will call himself american. In Britain we are not ENglish but are a part of British culture and the mainstream society that has contributed to Post War britain from bombed out war sites in the Blitz, Sikhs like others contribiuted to the buzz.

I would love to visit Different parts of India.. I felt this amazing connection in Dehra doon a place near the big dam, untouched beautiful mountains, serene. But i get that same feeling in some of Britains old relic places and untouched coastlines and Welsh mountains. Should i then be proud of being a WOrld citizen? of course, because eventually globalisation lots of migration means folk will always be on the move. Countries will not remain as we knew of them.

Home is where the heart is. London Lucknow Lyalpur Lisbon Lahore

Even though other cultures of India might not be as good as punjabi culture ie music, food, sports ect. we should still embrace it as that is the diversity of India. Indian cuisine is the number 1 in the world. many people would love to be classified as Indians and are envious of our culture. We should not take for granted where we come from. Instead of overly westernized Sikhs who think they are British, we can be British indian and Sikh at the same time. lets not shy away from being India.

Punjabis have lovingly respected and embraced Indians for who they are reflected through generations of sacrifices for indians sitting in 4 corners. Be that in Moghul Era Afghan invasions British Raj and Independance and even Bangladeshes Hindu Minorities plight was not forgotten by Punjabis in 1970s.

Music food sports aside!

India does not have a Monoculture. It has a collection of cultures. I believe people are envious of the way Indians hold down family life success and outwardly seem happy( may or not be the case)

Religion in my view nothing to do with being born in Britain bruv. You could be a jew christian whatever if your in London You experience the United Nations nowdays lol No1 has a chance to trip down Grandparents memory lane pends back .. We just crack on with life here cos this is all we seen n know..

I do not believe its about being shy.. Im born here In ENgland my Mum was born here in ENgland. My dad came when he was 10 long time ago, I only been to india 2 times in me life out of 30 odd years..not more than the space of a few weeks. Most of us cant afford to spend years living 7000 miles away discovering roots while we got bills piling up ere wel go bankrupt

then bang goees grist jivan! all for nationalism? naaaah

because of the way the media portrays Indians as some Skinny dark skinned rickshaw driver. India is full of many different people.

Being Indian doesn't belong to Hindus. Sikhs can be proud to be Indian to. as you get older you start to realise this. instead of the youth who go over the top with being Punjabi.

Dark Light pink yellow most Punjabis in Western cities experience diffeerent nationalities daily.. Theres 20 nationalities down me rd matey

i come across hindus by name but not many that practice religion.

We are proud of humanity bruv Sikhi is universal

if you grow up as a punjabi with certain reet rivaz it becomes likely that you will be proud of what you hold. Sometimes it takes a reflection to ask yourself should i change certain things about myself? Others you would not.. Individually tailored. no manz a clone

India is also known as Hindustan or Bharat. Bharat was Punjabi, both Indo oak armies are Punjabi; why would I weaken myself?

I live in anandpur and do not forgot that my hindu raj put nneighbors are my first and foremost enemies.

India is the drunk elephant, with kirpa we are all shaheed bhai bachittar singhs.

Watch this section, still say Indian?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oI7zo6CF2Tk

43 second it is truck carrying away bodies from 1984. That Is India, I will call myself Indian after nishaan sahib Flys at red fort.

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫਤਹਿ

Dark Light pink yellow most Punjabis in Western cities experience diffeerent nationalities daily.. Theres 20 nationalities down me rd matey

LOL.

Shaastar, reading your comments cracks me up. You remind me of folk from hackney sidez (e5, e8, e9)

Sikhi is universal

Endorsed.

I will call myself Indian after nishaan sahib Flys at red fort.

Certified.

LOL.

Shaastar, reading your comments cracks me up. You remind me of folk from hackney sidez (e5, e8, e9)

Endorsed.

Certified.

lol paaj Hackneys too many concrete blocks everywhere, that would do my head in more than it alreeady is done in lol.

I only responded to the post because our community has in past been accused of being anti social tribalists, and racists . But i honestly find Punjabis to be embracing and respecting others..

Rather than dislike the poor man we sympathise with his struggle.. Because one day in distant past that was us.. Most Sikhs i know would love to sit down with the poorest Indian dude of any State whos culture is untouched by Colonialism than sit with the richest mumbai elite who insists nothing but english, changes his name to michael jaikishan.. Even english would find that artificial.

Proud to be pendus paiseh prioritiz humanity lovers hanaa honey monster haraan hoyah