A Very Bitter Truth That Needs To Be Expressed

Mehtab Singh

Mehtab Singh jee, are these 'facts' or points you have made about the ramayan or mahabharat what the hindus are showed? For example on these t.v. series they have or movies they make, are these shown there or is this something you have come across by yourself some how? I have no idea about mahabarat or ramayan and I don't really watch the series (guys flying with massive ladoo battons, does seem funny).

This is history which can be checked from any source veerji. I didn't compile these facts and make the analogies because of any bitter feelings. But if we compare and contrast those incidents with what has been done with the Sikhs in recent times, there will definitely be a perfect match of strategies and consequences.

I don't want to convince a Hindu about Khalistan, rather I want to convince them about Baba Guru Nanak dev ji. I think trying to attain khalistan will make it difficult to spread Sikhi among people. If langar-degh was spread all over hindustan there would be no one sleeping hungry in India, it would end one of the big gaps which exist in some states of India more towards south between rich and poor. Not to mention how it will allow foes to break bread to shatter enmity.

I never thought of Dronacharya being killed by Drushtadyumman as propaganda. More of the everything is fair in love and war, or a part of the war game.

The killing of Drona[edit]

At a point when Drona, as the Kuru commander was killing numbers of Pandava troops, Krishna advised Yudhisthira to adopt a plan to kill him. As it is known that as long as Drona has raised his weapons he is invincible to all other warriors, Krishna advised that it be proclaimed that Drona's son,Ashwathama had just died in the battle. It is known that out of the grief of such an eventuality, Drona will at least temporarily drop his arms.

Krishna justified this lie to Yudhisthira as necessary to the victory of morality in the war. As Yudhisthira hesitated, his brother Bhima killed an elephant in the Kuru army named Ashwathama and celebrated, shouting "Ashwathama is dead! Ashwathama is dead!".

Shocked with disbelief when the news reaches him, Drona sought out Yudhisthira to ascertain the news, believing that he would never speak a lie. Yudhisthira said "Ashwathama is dead but not your son; it is the elephant..." ( Sanskrit: Aśvatthāmā hataḥ, अश्वत्थामा हतः), but Lord Krishna asked the drummers to play their drums ( Sanskrit: naro vā kuñjaro vā, नरो वा, कुञ्जरो वा) such that Guru Drona could not listen to the last part of the sentence.

With Lord Krishna's plan a success; a now convinced, Drona laid down his arms and sat in meditation. Dhrishtadyumna took this opportunity, and beheaded him.

That situation was an actual battleground the rules were set down. I think comparing that to the pogroms is quite different. History of pre-emptive strikes have been recorded all over world cultures.

I don't think calling a walking, talking magical monkey hanuman a terrorist will help much under the logic calling a spade a spade. When you have people worshipping monkeys (which can be violent at times)- I don't think we have much ground to talk on to the other party on logic apart from avoiding the emulation of them.

I can see the parallels between Ravan and Giani Bhindranwale, Bhindranwale was very well versed in religious scripture. Ravan was highly versed in scripture he was known to have the ultimate knowledge of the 4 vedas. Some say he was the grandson of Brahma himself so he sat on a direct legacy from the Vedas. Bhindranwale was head of the taksal he sat on a lineage instated by the Gurus. Ravan was known as a just king, part of the reason he wanted to kidnap Sita was to take revenge for Ram cutting the nose of his sister. I wonder why she bothered travelling all the way from the South of India up to the North. Besides that the Ramayan has been changed, interpolated and the whole story isn't as it was originally recorded.

It's also narrated that for Krishna to break the rules a prophecy was laid down by Gandhari that krishna's own empire, rule will fade and he will die a death by the arrow of Jara the hunter (reincarnation of Bali who was killed by Ram). So the apparent god-head became cursed. Which is trivial since you are supposed to pray to this Vishnu avtar to help you but he himself get's cursed and can't break curses.

I think trying to attain khalistan will make it difficult to spread Sikhi among people.

Bhindranwale was very well versed in religious scripture.

Bhindranwale was head of the taksal he sat on a lineage instated by the Gurus.

Hmmmmmmm.....so its "Bhindranwale" or Sant Baba Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindranwale?

Not sure about others but I didn't compare Sant Jee to Ravan or Ram. Only analogy I provided was that Indira saw Sant Jee as such, and so took assistance of Gen. Brar, the same way Ram took assistance of Vibheeshan. Bottom line is, Indians made sure to have army officers with Sikh names to attack the holiest place of Sikhs. Thats all.