Whats Your New Year's Health Reslolution ? Pot Belly Gurmat Connection

panthicunity

Share ... for most people its weight loss.

Guru Nanak devji says '

"Dhrig eheva jeeveiya jit khai vadaiyaa pet"

Having pot belly is not just a health concern , its also against gurmat as it symbolizes indulgence in pleasures of tongue.

It also goes against -

"Alap ahaari sulabh si nidra " and "thora save thora hee khave"

From my experience I alwyas had a pot belly before i went vegan .... animal fats are extremely hard to burn off ......so quit that dairy and see ur didh disappear ... and the cows will be so much happier too...

Agreed after taking amrit and eating no more meat etc, i too noticed the loss of weight and reduction in my stomach size, also i noticed food seem to get digested a lot quicker as in stomach not full or bloated as long as before. best thing i ever did taking amrit and i thoroughly recommend it, go on what are you waiting for ! :biggrin2:

Agreed after taking amrit and eating no more meat etc, i too noticed the loss of weight and reduction in my stomach size, also i noticed food seem to get digested a lot quicker as in stomach not full or bloated as long as before. best thing i ever did taking amrit and i thoroughly recommend it, go on what are you waiting for ! :biggrin2:

LOL ever since I became Vegetarian - I never lost any weight! Remember Pizza and Chips and sweets are vegetarian too :stupidme:

I suppose it depends on the individual body, i eat all those things too but i have lost a few pounds around my stomach mainly but not so much any where else, which is just perfect, i think the processed meats etc are the worst thing one can eat and alcohol also i have cut down on chocolate to especially after my evening meal instead i have a bar of chocolate in the afternoon occasionally.

Share ... for most people its weight loss.

Guru Nanak devji says '

"Dhrig eheva jeeveiya jit khai vadaiyaa pet"

Having pot belly is not just a health concern , its also against gurmat as it symbolizes indulgence in pleasures of tongue.

It also goes against -

"Alap ahaari sulabh si nidra " and "thora save thora hee khave"

From my experience I alwyas had a pot belly before i went vegan .... animal fats are extremely hard to burn off ......so quit that dairy and see ur didh disappear ... and the cows will be so much happier too...

A large stomach could mean more than simply being indulgent... It could be because of health reasons... Also someone who has a good metabolism and is skinny but indulges in eating just doesn't have the physical appearance of indulgence...

It's wrong to compare physical body traits to gurmat... Gurmat is about u being a Good person... A good sikh with a pot belly, who cares I just see a good sikh!

I do understand setting New Years resolutions for weight loss but no need to associate it with gurmat!

Not really a new year's resolution, I started dieting and got my BMI down from 28.6 which is overweight to 24.2 which is classed as healthy within 3 months. All I did was cut down on snacks, eat two square meals a day and have have two fruits for lunch. Breakfast should be either a bowl of porridge or two pieces of wholemeal bread as toast with some low fat spread and cucumber/tomato and some sweetcorn. Dinner was 3 rotis and dal/sabzi etc. I also did regular walking each day about 5 miles a day on weekdays and 10 miles at weekends. In three months I went from 99 kg down to now 84 kg. That's about 15 stone 8lbs down to 13 stone 3lbs

Eat a balanced healthy diet and do regular exercise at least 30 mins a day of cardio is recommended. Mixed up with muscle resistance exercise like weight training exercise is even more beneficial. Losing weight is 70% diet the rest is lifestyle and exercise.

Nothing to do at all with vegetarian diet or non-veg diet. Otherwise how do you explain the massive amount of people that have lost serious amounts of weight following ultra low carb diets like atkins etc in which huge amounts of meat are th primary food. Also look to the animal kindgom cheetas, leopards etc etc..they are all carnivourous by nature they are not overweight or fat.

If you have a veggie diet try to keep it balanced, i,e: dont have a 80% carb diet (bread, pasta, starchy vegetables potatoes etc). Eat more greens like spinach and brocolli, dhal etc not too much dairy fats like cheese etc. If your weight training on a vegi diet you may have to supplement your training with whey protien shakes .