Brawl At Takht Patna Sahib On Gurpurab Day!

guruvah

Correct me if I am wrong, my understanding is these sorts of fights happened during the times of first 10 Guru's as well, reason again "KURSI" -

(a) When Guru Tegh Bahadur Jee took Gurayai, he was even shot at Bakale Sahib.

(b). Guru Tegh Bahadur Jee not even allowed entry to Harminder Sahib by Mahants.

©. Dhirmalia's refused Pothi Granth Sahib Jee to be handed over (at that time, Pothi Granth Sahib Jee was not Guru Granth Sahib Jee).

(d). Baba Raam Rai twisted Gurbaani to his needs - "KURSI" and "EGO" in front of Aurangzeb.

AND MORE.

There was a fight in SGPC premises (Amritsar) 1-2 years ago wrt Gutke/Pothiyan being shipped in autos lying in feets, in which 1 SikhChannel reporter was hurt, it was a fierce fight, wasn't reported by Indian Media, but reported by SikhChannel.

I am just surprised Sikh issues of what nature are found interesting for Indian media to cover!, Was Mohalli more approachable than Patna Sahib (as the Gurudwara Sahib is anyway in the old Patna City).

edit- It seems like SGPC is trying to take over Takhat Sahibs and remove Dasam Granth Sahib parkash?

It is more to do with a power struggle between the Takht committee and the Jathedar. Both are in the wrong, the committee for making an announcement without agreement with the Jathedar and the Jathedar is in the wrong for making an issue of it at the time rather than waiting and asking for an explanation after the Gurpurab was over.

Both are mahants showing that they have the chaudhar in a place where one should have humility.