What If I Die With A Wish Of Becoming Superman?

Guest justaguy

Guest justaguy

Well it is written in Sikhism that your last thought affect afterlife.what will happen if I die with thought of becoming superman,will I become one in next life.also I want to born an elf in lord of the rings world.it would be so cool also if it didn't work this way way what if I pray to real sant for this??

Not sure if this thread is serious, however I shall answer anyway.

You have misunderstood the shabad by Bhagat Trllochan jee and the principle in general.

You have interpreted it almost as if we get given something we wish for. That is not the case. If it was how you are thinking, it would be that someone who dies in kaami thoughts gets reborn to live a life of "enjoyment" with the other gender, however in bhagat jis shabad we are told that such a person takes birth to become a prostitute! Which is not in the least bit an enjoyable life.

The principle of death thoughts and the next life as per my understanding is that, however you lived your life will affect your mental state at the time of death as you will think about what is held most dear to yourself. What you hold dear is the best indicator of your spiritual state and closeness with God. The more base your desire, eg. lust, food etc. is an indicator of a lower the spiritual state. The highest is of course to remember naam which is proof that inside yourself you love Vaheguroo more than anything which is why Vaheguroo then gives you himself! Anyone with other thoughts obviously has a low if non existant spiritual state and it is their internal avastha which affects where/how they are reborn.

As for your superman question, for someone to have such a thought at the time of death is an indicator of extreme houmai and also a great love for worldly rass as opposed to naam rass (love for Vaheguroo), which indicates that the person did not have much of or any relationship with Vaheguroo. Instead they were probably involved with worldly rass and entertainment so as a result of such a life they probably would not have a great next janam.