Questioning My Faith

Guest Confused man

Another questions I have is:

Sikhi says that all religions can lead to god? Does that also mean religions like those practiced in Ancient Greece, Rome, Egypt, Norse gods like Thor?

Sikhi does not say all religions lead to god, for that would mean cultists like Dera Sacha Saudis and Raelians would also be getting to God through their Pakhand. Nowhere is it stated the religion xyz also leads to God according to Gurbani. Only good conduct and remembrance do (so it is possible to be part of another religion and be close to God only because of things like remembrance of Waheguru & good conduct, but that does not mean those Paths or their religious books are right).

How can we be incarnated as rocks and mountains? These are lifeless beings.

Upon close observation matter is made of atoms and atoms made of protons , neutrons , electrons (spinning in orbits). It does not stay rock

Forever. It's an evolution proceeding upwards with more and more awareness. Rock is perfect as you are in itself. It's our limited perception of ourself which is progressing towards more awareness. Gurbani focuses on expanding awareness of limited perception to infinity.

Creation is limitless, it is infinite.

"Many millions are the fields of creation and galaxies. Many millions are the skies and solar systems. Many millions are divine incarnations. He has unfolded Himself in so many ways. He has expanded His expansion of creation many times. Forever and ever, He is the One expanding creation through the vibration (ik oankaar). Many millions are created in various forms. From God they emanate, and into God they merge once again. His limits are not known to anyone. O Nanak, God exists by Himself." (ang 276)

So, we could've been a life form on some other planet. Now we find ourselves on this planet. Dinosaurs are just part of that life cycle. Evolution on Earth. The soul goes through many life forms, maybe some other kind on different planets too.

Who is to say we won't? We may evolve higher. Does this change anything? No matter how intelligent or high we think we are, the ultimate aim of this worldly game is to unite with Waheguru again. If you evolve more, great!

Humans have always had a sense of a God figure. Many worshipped their surroundings (sun etc.), they may not have had any idea how to reach God, maybe they did.

There are many religions that formed in Europe. For example pagan ones, the Roman religion etc. But overall India at the time of the Guru was a place that needed great social change and it is a good place from where Sikhi could spread (Guru Nanak's udhasis). Religion is supposed to help an individual get to God. However, it is up to the person to heed their advice. If I was ill and got medicine from a doctor, but then did not take the medicine, is it the doctors fault that my illness gets worse?

Down to your karma. Your karma determines the "cards" you are dealt with in the next life. So, people with good karma will be born with better cards. If this means being born in Europe, then fine. I live in Europe and I believe in God. Also plenty of people are born to poor families in Europe.

That is for you to decide. I trust my Guru, I trust my Guru when they say I will feel and experience God when I follow their teachings. I know Guru Nanak was given this mission by God because of the teachings. Take a look at what the Gurus did and said. Try meditating and listening to kirtan once in a while.

God has told us. Guru Nanak came with that message. God is within you already. You know where it is, it is up to you to pull back the veil of illusion and unite with Waheguru.

To an extent, even those people could get to God. Sikhi says meditation and seva will help you find God. That can be done in whatever religion you want. Maybe those Norse religions originally believed in one God, but the teachings became corrupted.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh Ji

Try reading some of the articles here...

http://www.discoversikhism.com/sikhism/atheist_myths.html

and

http://www.discoversikhism.com/sikhism/gurmat_gyan_english.html

Make the time to study and learn about Sikhi and your questions will become much clearer.

Guest Confused Man

So according to your website Gandhi will be reincarnated until he becomes a Sikh of Guru Nanak and takes Amrit?

This sounds a lot like Islam and Christianity. It's not a view I'm comfortable with at all. We Sikhs make a minimal amount of the world's population, you're saying only Amritdhari Sikhs make it. So no one was liberated until Guru Nanak arrived on Earth?

So according to your website Gandhi will be reincarnated until he becomes a Sikh of Guru Nanak and takes Amrit?

This sounds a lot like Islam and Christianity. It's not a view I'm comfortable with at all. We Sikhs make a minimal amount of the world's population, you're saying only Amritdhari Sikhs make it. So no one was liberated until Guru Nanak arrived on Earth?

Do you have a phobia against Christianity and Islam?

Is there a Guru other than Guru Nanak Dev ji which can liberate a person?