Sangat Matrimonial

singhbj singh

Show's are generally meant for entertainment, Sangattv wants more viewers & sponsors so they went with the norm.

I don't think there would be many willing to marry out of caste, unless a person drives Ferrari.

In a market place you can only pick what is on offer !

Anyways good luck to all.

So should we all go along with caste, or if we really believe in sikhi and its teaching, try to do everything in our power to kick it out where it has no place? I myself am not married through caste, also neither my wife or I have a Ferrari. Rather than promote caste based marriage, should we not rally to marry within sikhi itself with no basis on caste?

Also an entertainment show is something like "kaun banega gur sikh pyara" on The Sikh Channel. The Matrimonial Show is what it's title states,

Caste is wrong! You cant have a caste and claim to be sikh. Yet we believe in caste and then add singh and kaur to our names....and to think the shaheed gave their lives for this name.

I started the thread to make readers aware of a new Sikh matrimonial website in UK.

That's it !

Whether they want to marry someone within caste or not, is their (mostly parents) decision.

You had your choice now let them choose.

Money is mostly top priority, otherwise there are plenty of prospective brides & grooms in each caste or religion All Over The Globe.

sikhiseeker, on 21 Jan 2014 - 17:01, said:

So should we all go along with caste, or if we really believe in sikhi and its teaching, try to do everything in our power to kick it out where it has no place? I myself am not married through caste, also neither my wife or I have a Ferrari. Rather than promote caste based marriage, should we not rally to marry within sikhi itself with no basis on caste?

Also an entertainment show is something like "kaun banega gur sikh pyara" on The Sikh Channel. The Matrimonial Show is what it's title states,

Caste is wrong! You cant have a caste and claim to be sikh. Yet we believe in caste and then add singh and kaur to our names....and to think the shaheed gave their lives for this name.

UKL = Well said Paji and proud of you Paji (and my parents and granparents) for marrying across historic, outdated and irrelavant biraderi lines as an ever increasing percentage of our Qaum are doing year by year. The GurSikh background of no caste affiliation has to be forcefully made the majority background of our Panth in order to destroy the anti-Sikh concept of caste.

UKL = DS Bal of Sikh Channel (via his partnership with the Muslim Jatt record label that has a majority of bhangra artists on its books and responsible for the sister station's programming damage to our youth) and Sangat TV need to be flooded by our emails of protest in order to take notice that they may lose direct debits if there is continued inaction regarding the promotion of anti-Sikh concept like caste on supposedly so-called Sikh television stations.

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/70587-how-to-tackle-jaath-paath-discrimination-in-matrimonials/

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/66391-mergers-so-that-only-1-gurdwara-per-local-area/

I started the thread to make readers aware of a new Sikh matrimonial website in UK.

That's it !

Whether they want to marry someone within caste or not, is their (mostly parents) decision.

You had your choice now let them choose.

Money is mostly top priority, otherwise there are plenty of prospective brides & grooms in each caste or religion All Over The Globe.

Brother, I have nothing against you, but my problem is what you just stated... Its not a "sikh matrimonial website" in my sikhi there is no caste!? You sound so passionate about sikhi in various different posts however why be so relaxed about caste? This is simply not a sikh website. It is a matrimonial site for various castes? Where does the sikhi come into it? I get sick of this very point. You cant be sikh and have a caste.

Brother, I have nothing against you, but my problem is what you just stated... Its not a "sikh matrimonial website" in my sikhi there is no caste!? You sound so passionate about sikhi in various different posts however why be so relaxed about caste? This is simply not a sikh website. It is a matrimonial site for various castes? Where does the sikhi come into it? I get sick of this very point. You cant be sikh and have a caste.

Bhai ji there is an old saying "Jeeo aur jeene do"

What you did (Marrying out of caste) is commendable.

Generally people like to play safe and follow tradition when it comes to child's marriage.

Love marriage and going against parents is definitely not Gurmat.

I dont like this program. Why they got on a Sikhi channel just dont know. And they say everybody is equal no caste.

Whether we like or not fact is people say no difference in caste this that but end of day they will want the caste based marriages, unless its a love marriage. Another business that's all i can see.

Bhai ji there is an old saying "Jeeo aur jeene do"

What you did (Marrying out of caste) is commendable.

Generally people like to play safe and follow tradition when it comes to child's marriage.

Love marriage and going against parents is definitely not Gurmat.

Brother, why would I embrace Christianity or Islam? I have no problem with my religion, it's perfect! Have you heard how ridiculous this sounds, your basically saying do what your mum and dad say, even though it's wrong and never mind what Akal Purakh said on that particular matter....have you ever heard of the sakhi of the young singh who's mother tried to stop him being beheaded from the Mughals? I'm sure you have, I wonder what this Mahaan shaheed would of thought about your view, maybe he, as you have defined should of listened to his mother, withdrew from the line and obeyed her wish?

Your willingness and relaxed manner for caste based marriage is to me somewhat unbelievable my brother, on the basis that it states clearly in the Shiri Guru Granth Sahib, which you quote in other posts you have made, of the no tolerance of caste? Brother do you partly agree with the guru or fully?

Also why give advice based on Shiri Guru Granth Sahib Ji if you don't follow it yourself, why then quote it's shabad, how can you fix someone else's problems using sikhi as your basis when you don't follow it fully yourself?

Also you stated that families try to stick to tradition and play safe when it comes to a child's marriage? Your only tradition, reet ravaajh should be sikhi!

It would be better, if you just said you partly belief in sikhi and your caste you hold close, as from what you say confuses me whether your a sikh or not. Either choose your caste and follow its tradition at the helm of parents, or choose sikhi, and live your life to the hukam of the guru and Akal Purakh, don't mix both, as you are intentionally diluting the religion I live for and would die for! Unite my brother, leave caste back in Brahmin society where it belongs.

I dont like this program. Why they got on a Sikhi channel just dont know. And they say everybody is equal no caste.

Whether we like or not fact is people say no difference in caste this that but end of day they will want the caste based marriages, unless its a love marriage. Another business that's all i can see.

I hear you sister, worst thing is a amrit dhari sister reads out the caste based engagement proposals? How daft!

Yeah i may not be amritdhari, but at least we dont promote caste especially on Sikhi channel. Too right its daft, double daft. Anybody that is lookin for caste marriage can go on any other site.

Make me so angry to see that aunty too promoting it.

Worst program on that channel i say. Confuse the community even more. That money could be spent elsewhere thru different means.

That program got nothin to do with Sikhi, its a community program, oh yeah i forgot sangat tv for the community, then wheres the other religious castes?

One word for it Bakwas.

Reference no.78623 jatt sikh ramgharia sikh lawyer 8ft 10 uk citizen that's all you hear.

Eh kida da program

reference mm56352269

Reference no. 26365884

Reference no 5623366

Aho pata reference numberaa nu bhete sunan nu.