Bhangra Artists Unbelievable Contradictions

sikhiseeker

There are plenty of fake artists who claim to be dharmic when it suits them. Malkit Singh recently released some dharmic tunes.

The same Malkit Singh who recently when he attended Downing Street to celebrate Vaisakhi failed to raise the Devinder Pal Bhullar case with David Cameron.. Then after agreeing to meet the sangat protesting outside ran away down the street when the sewadars back was turned.

Two faced people when it actually matters they don't care about dharam or Sikhi

WJKK WJKF

AGREED!

A complaint should be made to Sikh Channel. Also has anyone ever heard a Bhangra song that states another caste other than jatt?

WJKK, WJKF

The majority are jatt based, I understand old traditional panjabi folk songs are based on such stories like mirza jatt and the other 8 traditional love stories, I have no problem with these as it does not associate itself with sikhi, my problem is with today's modern bhangra, lyrics what are really based on nothing with no beauty, simply just silly songs sung by silly people wearing a khanda made outa gold. The majority being jatt tracks as you rightly said, however like other sikh have stated it fullfills the demand. This is were the problem is with the whole caste supremacy ideology all being promoted within sikhi, my problem lies with any caste being tagged to sikhi, not just the jatt and any vulgar portrayal being associated to guru nanaks Nirmal panth.

I am soooooo surprised at the support for such contradiction, it brings me down to the point that many "sikhs" really only say its ok because they must belong to the caste in regards to the bhangra song and if amrit chak, really they still harbour caste as I see no justification for this, well anything which taints sikhi.

WJKK WJKF

There are plenty of fake artists who claim to be dharmic when it suits them. Malkit Singh recently released some dharmic tunes.

The same Malkit Singh who recently when he attended Downing Street to celebrate Vaisakhi failed to raise the Devinder Pal Bhullar case with David Cameron.. Then after agreeing to meet the sangat protesting outside ran away down the street when the sewadars back was turned.

Two faced people when it actually matters they don't care about dharam or Sikhi

Yeah, I noticed that when I saw his song on twitter and also saw the hypocrisy in the song. With that said not all singers are like that, but artists usually are the product of the community. They give the community what they want.

Shouldn't expect anything from them and take what they do as face value. Kuldeep Manak's points are really important because it's coming from an actual singer who sang about history and the more positive and old part of our culture. He preferred to sing family oriented songs (I saw him and his son live a number of years ago) and remember his songs were very family oriented.

The problem with Punjabis is that they're too dense to appreciate depth in lyrics, he talks about how at one of his events someone told him to sing "nachan tappan wale gaane". He left the stage after that because he felt insulted. I think goal should be to inspire PUnjabi community to more positive things and slowly singers will change on their own.

One SIkh singer I have had more respect for is K.S. Makhan who was involved in drugs like 2-3 years ago or so but became Amritdhari. I found his songs to be very inspirational for Sikh youth in Punjab as most of his songs are Sikhi related in terms of having pride of wearing dastaar and etc. But he came out with a recently new song "gurpurab gura da" singing about bhagat ravidas ji with his followers in the vid.... I found it a bit odd.

In my opinion, there is a lot to change in the Punjabi music industry. Of course first you have to clean up all the singers. I feel today's Punjab youth are looking up to Bollywood/ Punjab singers and actors instead of our great leaders of the Khalsa Panth who lived a unique life and give us much pride today. When these Punjabi teenagers look at how they dress up or how they shave they want to look exactly like them. It is absurd. They are falling into western culture style which in my opinion does not go with Sikhi lifestyle very well since we have many problems in America keeping Sikhi intact.

I think it is time not rely on others to do something. If some are praising them then let them praise. If you see fault or disease like castiesm then put your energy in finding solution rather than passing down fault next person you see.

WJKK, WJKF

Dear brother,

This is not simply kicking the the can to some one else, this is about change and change can only happen within debate and opinions. As recognised by various sikhs who have contributed to this post, the problem lies with the demand and the person singing the song to fulfill that demand for monetary or fame purposes. The whole panjabi scene music industry is fine if it is left to do that. But the issue is when they start to associate it with sikhi. Jazzy B, Sukshinder Shinda, Malkit Singh and Diljit Dosanj are just a few of these contradictory contributors to the tainting of sikhi. This is where, WE as sikhs should be concerned and show our condemnation about the image portrayal of sikhs and the caste supremacy issues which are being associated with our dharam. It is not simply blaming the next person you see, rather identifying a problem, finding who are contributing to the problem and trying to raise awareness. This then involves the music producers, the singers and also the listeners. One person cannot do this alone, their has to be a United sikh stance to say "well no, we do not want our dharam to be associated with your gaandh basically!" However, the united stance is not there as many people still harbour caste supremacy issues, amrit dhari or not!

WJKK WJKF

One SIkh singer I have had more respect for is K.S. Makhan who was involved in drugs like 2-3 years ago or so but became Amritdhari. I found his songs to be very inspirational for Sikh youth in Punjab as most of his songs are Sikhi related in terms of having pride of wearing dastaar and etc. But he came out with a recently new song "gurpurab gura da" singing about bhagat ravidas ji with his followers in the vid.... I found it a bit odd.

In my opinion, there is a lot to change in the Punjabi music industry. Of course first you have to clean up all the singers. I feel today's Punjab youth are looking up to Bollywood/ Punjab singers and actors instead of our great leaders of the Khalsa Panth who lived a unique life and give us much pride today. When these Punjabi teenagers look at how they dress up or how they shave they want to look exactly like them. It is absurd. They are falling into western culture style which in my opinion does not go with Sikhi lifestyle very well since we have many problems in America keeping Sikhi intact.

WJKK, WJKF

Dear brother,

Are you from America and if so what is the state of sikhi at present especially within the youth?

WJKK WJKF

WJKK WJKF

Dear brother, I am a 17 year old from US. I will speak from the bottom of my heart about the state of Sikhi youth in America. Currently American Sikhs especially the youth are lacking in following our Gurus teachings and even falling into the pit full of maya. Most Sikh girls and boys in their teenage years have been destroyed by western culture including drugs, alcohol, cutting hair, and vulgar music. Not only that but they don't even want to learn about Sikhi and their attendance for gurdwara shows that. Sikh camps are still going on, but lack of interest in Gurbani teachings and lack of knowledge of our Shaheedis is incredibly sad. My Sikh brothers in America are following all these famous people lifestyle making them shave and dress like them its sad. The whole panth is declining but there are some bright Sikhs in America that are keeping faith intact. Parents aren't taking the time to teach their kids when they are much busy themselves leaving their kid to be confused when he/she becomes a teenager. That is a root of one of many of the problems of our youth today.

WJKK WJKF

Dear brother, I am a 17 year old from US. I will speak from the bottom of my heart about the state of Sikhi youth in America. Currently American Sikhs especially the youth are lacking in following our Gurus teachings and even falling into the pit full of maya. Most Sikh girls and boys in their teenage years have been destroyed by western culture including drugs, alcohol, cutting hair, and vulgar music. Not only that but they don't even want to learn about Sikhi and their attendance for gurdwara shows that. Sikh camps are still going on, but lack of interest in Gurbani teachings and lack of knowledge of our Shaheedis is incredibly sad. My Sikh brothers in America are following all these famous people lifestyle making them shave and dress like them its sad. The whole panth is declining but there are some bright Sikhs in America that are keeping faith intact. Parents aren't taking the time to teach their kids when they are much busy themselves leaving their kid to be confused when he/she becomes a teenager. That is a root of one of many of the problems of our youth today.

WJKK WJKF,

What a shame it is to hear the state of sikhi in America. In the uk there has been an influx of people, generally younger who are reconnection to their sikhi. God willing the same will happen in America. It just takes a few gursikhs who live sikhi within every minute of their life to start this ball rolling. Here in the UK we have many young gursikhs who a giving a brilliant example to the younger generation. You may have already seen his videos on youtube, bhai Jugraj Singh from basics of sikhi, if you haven't share it with your friends and family and hopefully guru nanaks parchar will once again awake sleeping souls.

Is there also this caste supremacy ideology over sikhi in the states?

WJKK WJKF