Brothers And Sisters Lets All Unite Against Caste

sikhiseeker

Pretty simple. Stop talking about castism and it'll go away. Just like the race issue for African Ameircans. The more you talk about it the more it spreads.

I dont agree with you on that one brother. If you simply leave something which is happening in families it grows because the younger generation get fed the brainwashing material. You can only tackle it, by talking about it and condemning it. If people did this in there families and in the media, it would inspire others to follow. To not talk about it, it then allows the same caste marriages and the all round same caste issues that "were better than you" wjkk wjkf

I do not feel that caste is such a big issue in the Quom these days.

Caste discrimination occurred when I was younger, but is never seen now and good riddance. For instance when I was younger there was a pecking order in the Gurudwara about how close to Maharaj you could sit depending on your caste. This is unheard of nowadays.

There was a recent post (not sure to where it was shifted to - it was in the 'What's Happening' section) about double-standards of bhangra singers having homai about their caste in their songs and then making dharmic albums. This is just another way of how caste barriers have changed. Again when I was younger my father berated me wanting to sing (I am not a singer by the way!) just like the guys I saw on the (then) upcoming UK bhangra scene. He said that Jat boys should not be singing because that was the what lowly Mirasis did and it was be'izti to our biradari to ape them in that way. Fast forwards a few decades and attitudes had shifted.

I feel that the issue of marrying into one's caste is separate. Our Gurus never married out of caste.

Wjkk, wjkf

Brothers and Sisters, if we really believe in our guru and we want to win all our panthic issues right now, let us, as the younger generation unite and break away from the caste what binds and limits us, lets move towards the gurus khalsa and become limitless. We can teach our elders that caste is against sikhi, if your to be engaged, ask your parents to look for someone who meets your personal choice from the sikh religion, dont limit yourself to caste! Dont attach caste to the shaheed singhs and singhnia what gave full kurbani for a dharam which rejects caste, how would they feel to know what they gave their lives for in hand to hand battle, being tortured and executed to death would still after martydom, claim them?

If we claim to be sikh, we cannot simply claim a caste! Im sick off hearing historians add on caste to sikh soldiers who fought for the khalsa panth! They are khalsa! Not a certain sikh from 'X' beradarie!

Claim your gurdwaras! Rise against any caste issues in the gurus darbar!

We arague about the meat issue, how killing an animal and eating its meat stunts the growth of ones spiritual connection with parmaatma, yet at the same time we are proud of our beradarie, we wana get married in our own caste to pass on the better genes? We cannot see our fellow human being, our sikh brother and sister the same as us, an equal yet we argue about the equality of an animal, when we are treatining other peope as unequal??? What contradictory moral ground we stand on?

So please sikhs, lets aspire to be Shiri Guru Gobind Singhs Khalsa. Lets not look at other people and say they do this, they say this and lets lead to inspire our younger generation. Our children!

Reprimand the older generation with their caste issues, put them in their place if they claim sikhi when they dont live sikhi!

This is the way we will win our battles of present day!

Be khalsa, the worlds army!!! UNITE

UKL = Well said Paji. If we are serious about "Panth Ki Jeet" biraderi cancer is one of the foremost problems (alongside drugs, alcohol, illiteracy, poverty and female infanticide) we need to eradicate before we can even think of making progress. Matrimonial apartheid, bakhre bakhre Gurdware and the systematic way that our RSS enemies are re-branding the second and third biggest ancestry backgrounds found within the Panth from erstwhile GurSikhs into future generations of Brahmin Valmiki followers and pro-Congress followers of Dera Ballan is a disgrace. And it's an issue that the Panth is widely ignoring. If we in the Diaspora especially don't begin to tackle it immediately there is a chance that in the 2021 Punjab census Sikhs may fall below the 50% threshold.

UKL = Sikhiseeker Ji big respect for raising your voice against this madness that is going on and what we need to urgently do is spread the agenda amongst youth and GurSikhs of Gurdwara mergers in the UK, in the Diaspoora and most importantly in every single village in Punjab.

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/66391-mergers-so-that-only-1-gurdwara-per-local-area/

UKL = Matrimonial level apartheid is the other arm of this cancer that we have to amputate within this decade. There's no point being militant re this or that subject if we are not militant in upholding the mere basics of Sikhi such as the simple fact that there should no caste affiliation amongst us.

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/70587-how-to-tackle-jaath-paath-discrimination-in-matrimonials/

UKL = Knowledge of the original ancestries of our most famous Gurmukhs actually strengthens knowledge of the Unity and Diversity within the Panth. Of course it's important we acknowledge all true GurSikhs by their very nature had no caste (kul nash) yet the divergent backgrounds from whence they came before Amrit should actually be instructive that bravery and GurSikhi have no correlation to erstwhile biraderi (prior to Amrit and the kul nash - rejection of biraderi - by the Khalsa Panth).

UKL = Well said as always Khalsa Ji.

Pretty simple. Stop talking about castism and it'll go away. Just like the race issue for African Ameircans. The more you talk about it the more it spreads.

UKL = Brother it's not as simple as that i'm afraid. If Sikhs stop talking about the injustices we are suffering from they won't magicly disappear. However, you are correct that all Sikhs should have a "don't ask, don't tell" policy in respect of not declaring their family ancestry or have a surname other than Singh if we are going to beat this Hindu+Muslim origin cancer that is now even afflicting Sikhs 315 years after 1699.

JDA = I do not feel that caste is such a big issue in the Quom these days.

UKL = Have you been to Doaba bro? Do you know Badal is helping construct a 115 crores Valmiki Mandir in Amritsar to compete with Harmandir Sahib? Do you know that hundreds of thousands of Punjabi's around today are called Kumar and Ram and Kumari and Devi in contrast to their parents and grandparents who were proud Singh's and Kaur's? Do you know that the RSS agenda is to have all Punjabi's of a similar ancestry to the erstwhile background of Bhai Jiwan Singh Ji and Shaheed Bhai Sangat Singh prior to Amrit declared as non-Sikhs by 2021 thereby reducing the Sikh percentage in Punjab to below 50% by the 2021 census?

JDA = Caste discrimination occurred when I was younger, but is never seen now and good riddance. For instance when I was younger there was a pecking order in the Gurudwara about how close to Maharaj you could sit depending on your caste.

UKL = I have never heard of anything so disgusting ever occuring in the UK! Any instances of such depraved thinking need to be tackled aggressively!

This is unheard of nowadays.

UKL = Rabh di mehr aii! Such acts by so-called Sikhs themselves are tantamount to the biggest possible Beadbi occurring.

JDA = There was a recent post (not sure to where it was shifted to - it was in the 'What's Happening' section) about double-standards of bhangra singers having homai about their caste in their songs and then making dharmic albums. This is just another way of how caste barriers have changed. Again when I was younger my father berated me wanting to sing (I am not a singer by the way!) just like the guys I saw on the (then) upcoming UK bhangra scene. He said that Jat boys should not be singing because that was the what lowly Mirasis did and it was be'izti to our biradari to ape them in that way. Fast forwards a few decades and attitudes had shifted.

UKL = Muslims despise Bhai Mardana Ji as a "Kanjar" according to them (the name of the tribe of those who sing). To us Sikhs Bhai Mardana Ji is our 1st Sikh in History and thus the Mirasi or musical or kirtani traditional occupation cannot ever be described as lowly. Some of the lowest of the low in Punjab were the racist so-called high caste Muslim Jatts/Rajputs/Arains/Gujjars/Awans/Syeds who tried to perpetrate ethnic cleansing upon Sikhs because they despised our Qaum as being the aulaadh of chure-chamar (as the Muslims described the Sikhs).

JDA = I feel that the issue of marrying into one's caste is separate.

UKL = No it's not. Apartheid was rejected even in South Africa in the last century. Yet Hindu's, Muslims, Christians, Buddhists and so-called Sikhs continue to practice matrimonial apartheid even in this century. Until across bbiraderi marriages are actively encouraged we will not beat this cancer.

JDA = (The Mughals said that ...) Our Gurus never married out of caste.

UKL = That was the lie pimped out by Muslim and Hindu authors against our Guru Sahib. However, when we see that Mata Gujjar Kaur (the wife of Dhan Dhan Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji and Mother of Dhan Dhan Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj Ji) was originally of Gujjar family ancestry and similarly in the case of Mata Ganga Ji (wife of Guru Arjan Devi Ji Maharaj) we quite clearly see that our Guru Sahib married according to kul nash Gurmat and this is indisputable given their spouses of differing backgrounds that the authors working for the RSS and Mughals fail to mention. Our Guru Sahib had no caste full stop. Prophet Muhammad was proud of his Brahmin (Qureshi) caste and Ram and Krishna were proud of their Kshatriya caste status. However, our Guru Sahib ate with those whom the Hindu's and Muslims considered low castes whilst Dhan Dhan Guru Gobind Singh Ji Mahraj themselves partook of Amrit from the brave Panj Pyaaray that the Hindu's and Muslims despised as low castes.

I do not feel that caste is such a big issue in the Quom these days.

Caste discrimination occurred when I was younger, but is never seen now and good riddance. For instance when I was younger there was a pecking order in the Gurudwara about how close to Maharaj you could sit depending on your caste. This is unheard of nowadays.

There was a recent post (not sure to where it was shifted to - it was in the 'What's Happening' section) about double-standards of bhangra singers having homai about their caste in their songs and then making dharmic albums. This is just another way of how caste barriers have changed. Again when I was younger my father berated me wanting to sing (I am not a singer by the way!) just like the guys I saw on the (then) upcoming UK bhangra scene. He said that Jat boys should not be singing because that was the what lowly Mirasis did and it was be'izti to our biradari to ape them in that way. Fast forwards a few decades and attitudes had shifted.

I feel that the issue of marrying into one's caste is separate. Our Gurus never married out of caste.

Brother, you may think caste does not exist, i wish it didn't but your wrong. It affects so many people! The Bhangra topic was started by me, it's not a separate issue to sikhi, your father may have said to you x amount of years ago not to be a bhangra singer because it's embarrassing, but now what are the modern day limitations?

Brother, how can you suggest that marrying into caste is ok? I just don't understand where this sort of understanding comes from? Have you ever heard of the sakhi's of the Hindu hill rajehs who wanted to drink the holy nectar of Shiri Guru Gobind Singh Ji? This form of thinking is diluting the religion I hold close.

Guest dasguruka

I dont agree with you on that one brother. If you simply leave something which is happening in families it grows because the younger generation get fed the brainwashing material. You can only tackle it, by talking about it and condemning it. If people did this in there families and in the media, it would inspire others to follow. To not talk about it, it then allows the same caste marriages and the all round same caste issues that "were better than you" wjkk wjkf

Wjkk wjkf. But Bhai sahib it's the families themselves who put this seed of castism and discrimination into the child's brain. They're the first ones that a kid learns from. If they stopped talking about it the kid wouldn't even know about it.

I have friend who told this to me. Not 1 but 2. The girl told me that their fam tells about it and when she asked her mom why do you guys do this (make deragatory) remarks about ppl from lower castes the reply that she got was that that they've been hearing it from their ancestors.

The stranger friend I ran into told me that its to keep on the same caste marriage thing going.

Personally I didn't know about it until I came to US. It's more prevalent in western countries than you may think.

But then I've also had some of the best friends who are jatts and they don't agree with it. But the families teach it first hand to the kids.