Brothers And Sisters Lets All Unite Against Caste

sikhiseeker

Guest dasguruka

This is also the cause of our Sikh kids choosing to let it all go because kids out here don't like to deal with unnecessary headaches. The just rather follow the mainstream white media or black for that matter and give 2 about Sikhi.

Guest dasguruka

Like I'll tell I'm the firsthand victim of this. I've had a really close friend tell my other girl friend not to talk me because I'm from a lower caste. She ended up telling me about it and eventually the first friend and I separated out ways. Later on she told me that he was just jealous because Guru Sahib blessed me Amrit before him and he has had his kesh since he was born. This isn't an issue that is going to go away until kids are taught about the traditional Sikhi and not the usual carry on fairy tails from people who aren't even Amritdharis themselves.

Wjkk wjkf. But Bhai sahib it's the families themselves who put this seed of castism and discrimination into the child's brain. They're the first ones that a kid learns from. If they stopped talking about it the kid wouldn't even know about it.

I have friend who told this to me. Not 1 but 2. The girl told me that their fam tells about it and when she asked her mom why do you guys do this (make deragatory) remarks about ppl from lower castes the reply that she got was that that they've been hearing it from their ancestors.

The stranger friend I ran into told me that its to keep on the same caste marriage thing going.

Personally I didn't know about it until I came to US. It's more prevalent in western countries than you may think.

But then I've also had some of the best friends who are jatts and they don't agree with it. But the families teach it first hand to the kids.

Veer ji, I may have misunderstood what you meant by saying we should stop talking about it. Here, in the u.k my nieces and nephews of 10 and 13 are asked what caste are you on school? I am at parent, I will teach my children that the guru's abolished caste, however what about the parents who teach their children what caste they are and also they are sikh? Thats still happens largely, it's not going to disappear. Again it has to be condemned. If it was your child who got asked what caste they were at such a young age, by a so called fellow sikh, would you not be concerned at the state of our religion? What would your advice be to your child? You must seem point, in this situation, how do you just simply not discuss it?

Guest dasguruka

Veer ji, I may have misunderstood what you meant by saying we should stop talking about it. Here, in the u.k my nieces and nephews of 10 and 13 are asked what caste are you on school? I am at parent, I will teach my children that the guru's abolished caste, however what about the parents who teach their children what caste they are and also they are sikh? Thats still happens largely, it's not going to disappear. Again it has to be condemned. If it was your child who got asked what caste they were at such a young age, by a so called fellow sikh, would you not be concerned at the state of our religion? What would your advice be to your child? You must seem point, in this situation, how do you just simply not discuss it?

I get it thank you for explaining. My brother and sisters also get asked the same question at school so now I understand what you meant. We just tell them not to hide it. And as I grew up in this community I am seeing a polarization of castes. The so called "lower castes" have their own group and the "higher castes" have stuck with their own. But I do not see any time of violence amongst them. At least not the new generation. They have better things to deal with. I'm not sure how it is there in UK.

I think it's slowly going away but it won't go away altogether.

I get it thank you for explaining. My brother and sisters also get asked the same question at school so now I understand what you meant. We just tell them not to hide it. And as I grew up in this community I am seeing a polarization of castes. The so called "lower castes" have their own group and the "higher castes" have stuck with their own. But I do not see any time of violence amongst them. At least not the new generation. They have better things to deal with. I'm not sure how it is there in UK.

I think it's slowly going away but it won't go away altogether.

But brother not hide what, your caste...it comes back to the same point. A sikh should have no caste. By the association of any particular caste and claiming to be sikh at the same time is wrong. I feel so strongly about this because it simply undermines sikhi. For anyone who claims to be a sikh, why would you be so relaxed in the dilution of the rehat what our guru' s and Akal purak gave, I don't understand why it's ok? The reason why I started this thread was to try and raise awareness and unity, but from the feedback it sounds like really caste is fine, the segmentation of sikhi is well nearly complete and accepted?

If I can ask you a question brother, if you stood in front of Shiri guru gobind singh rite now, would you have this same argument and tolerance for caste?

Also Dasgurka, you said that the higher and lower castes stay in their own communities.lol do you understand why this should be abolished. Because if that very reason! It's such a no brainer! The sikh religion has become hijacked by caste proud fools who don't understand the key points of what you need to do to be a sikh, they instead work against the principles and have created factions, I plead with you my brother, if this was not acceptable by none of our gurus and all the other bhagats like sheikh farid, bhagat kabir, bhagat Ravi das, sikh like bhai gurdas, bebe Mai bhago and bebe charan kaur, why is it acceptable to you? Can you really aspire to what your username states, Dasgurka? unite my brother!

Guest dasguruka

Also Dasgurka, you said that the higher and lower castes stay in their own communities.lol do you understand why this should be abolished. Because if that very reason! It's such a no brainer! The sikh religion has become hijacked by caste proud fools who don't understand the key points of what you need to do to be a sikh, they instead work against the principles and have created factions, I plead with you my brother, if this was not acceptable by none of our gurus and all the other bhagats like sheikh farid, bhagat kabir, bhagat Ravi das, sikh like bhai gurdas, bebe Mai bhago and bebe charan kaur, why is it acceptable to you? Can you really aspire to what your username states, Dasgurka? unite my brother!

Bhai sahib I didn't say its acceptable to me. I said the reason that there is a separation of people is because kids are constantly fed this bull**** from the beginning starting with their very own family. Slowly this leads them to stay within their own factions because they rather feel accepted in that particular environment.

Now its normal for this to be happening in India but even here in the West what I have seen I shared that with you. Here kids are kept in the same classes with the same policies for every student with the same teaching rules yet still they separate into their own groups. This should tell you that the problem isn't the outside world. It comes internally from families and yes songs too. The best I can do is do my own part in this world so atleast it doesn't spread anymore.

I believe this was not the case during Guru Sahibs times when the real Sikhi prevailed. But now there are many forces that want to break away Sikhs from their own fellow Sikhs. And they use castism as a method. Like look they didn't treat you good back in the days therefore leave Sikhi and embrace Islam or Christianity. Like I come from the so called lower caste and the amount of taunting from my own fam for taking Amrit is ridiculous. It begins in the family. But I appreciate your effort to teach your nephews about this. Hopefully they'll understannd what you were trying to do.

Bhai sahib I didn't say its acceptable to me. I said the reason that there is a separation of people is because kids are constantly fed this bull**** from the beginning starting with their very own family. Slowly this leads them to stay within their own factions because they rather feel accepted in that particular environment.

Now its normal for this to be happening in India but even here in the West what I have seen I shared that with you. Here kids are kept in the same classes with the same policies for every student with the same teaching rules yet still they separate into their own groups. This should tell you that the problem isn't the outside world. It comes internally from families and yes songs too. The best I can do is do my own part in this world so atleast it doesn't spread anymore.

I believe this was not the case during Guru Sahibs times when the real Sikhi prevailed. But now there are many forces that want to break away Sikhs from their own fellow Sikhs. And they use castism as a method. Like look they didn't treat you good back in the days therefore leave Sikhi and embrace Islam or Christianity. Like I come from the so called lower caste and the amount of taunting from my own fam for taking Amrit is ridiculous. It begins in the family. But I appreciate your effort to teach your nephews about this. Hopefully they'll understannd what you were trying to do.

Veer ji, I'm happy you don't accept it firstly. Secondly even though I have been a victim of castism, why would I convert to Christianity or Islam? Sikhi is perfect. Your original post was basically, we should not talk about this, people will forget, from that we have established that you don't agree with it and that you will do what you can to stand against caste and help stamp it out. Also you mentioned you are from a low class, my brother, you are from ancestors who are the same as anyone's, no higher and no lower, equal! You are not from no low class at all. I salute your ancestors as you are my brother and we shall stand side by side! Let's teach our children, there is no place for caste in sikhi because the guru abolished it and if another person who claims their sikh and asks their caste, let our children samjha them how the sahibzade once spoke like a bolt of lightning cracked from the sky! I salute you my brother! Wjkk wjkf

Consistently well stated points throughout the thread Sikhiseeker Ji.

So long as we have bakhre bakhre Gurukar + apartheid like matrimonial circles this cancer will not die out, so we the Sangat need to kill it

We need to utilise June 2014 as a vehicle for enforcing Gurdwara mergers in the UK to ensure kids grow up united from day one.

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/66391-mergers-so-that-only-1-gurdwara-per-local-area/