Is The Sgpc Rehat Maryada Valid?

sikhiseeker

As a person who wants to take Amrit, is the SGPC Rehat Maryada valid? The reason I ask this question is because, if you were from the outside looking in, people's beliefs and opinions differ from that of the set code of conduct? Does that not then make us look silly to the outside world? Should a new Rehat Maryada be drawn up?

Why is there another damdami taksal rehat maryada? Should the code of conduct not be the same for any sikh from anywhere? One rehat for all?

Can you present the documents that states SGPC Rehat Maryada received the stamp as the final Rehat Maryada for all Sikhs? The Sikhs involved in making the big decision of whether to accept the SGPC Rehat were all broken up. Many Sikhs walked out on this decision and many expressed their view that thiis can never be the final Rehat Maryada for the Sikhs. The final decision that came out of this meeting was that this matter of Rehat Maryada will be taken up again at a later date. This later date never came and today many cunning Sikhs want rest of the Khalsa Panth to believe this is the final and only Rehat Maryada for Sikhs.

Can you present the documents that states SGPC Rehat Maryada received the stamp as the final Rehat Maryada for all Sikhs? The Sikhs involved in making the big decision of whether to accept the SGPC Rehat were all broken up. Many Sikhs walked out on this decision and many expressed their view that thiis can never be the final Rehat Maryada for the Sikhs. The final decision that came out of this meeting was that this matter of Rehat Maryada will be taken up again at a later date. This later date never came and today many cunning Sikhs want rest of the Khalsa Panth to believe this is the final and only Rehat Maryada for Sikhs.

This

no, i would urge you to read puratan rehatnama's

that is the best rehat - damdami taksal also have a lot of them integrated into their rehat

also, if you want to take amrit

please only take it from

Damdami taksal

Budha dal

or

Hazur sahib

as they are pratakh in rehat

this

The way I see it is SGPC rehit maryada is minimum and was formed in the 1920's so there was a general consensus among ALL Sikhs who weren't a part of various puratan Jathas to ensure rehit is maintained.

Damdami Taksal and Nihang Singh rehit is more puratan and without much change from old times.

You asked me if I could produce the document which the SGPC Maryada has the final stamp by Sikhs? I'm not suggesting that this is the Rehat Maryada of all Rehat Maryade and no I obviously cant produce that document.

From the various suggestions on the topic, if the Khalsa was made only 315 years ago, which isn't very long at all, why have we become so confused? Should there not be various Rehat Maryade from a number of jathedar and just simply one? Im my understanding, Shiri Guru Gobind Singh Ji made the Amrit for one unifying nation. So why should we have to choose one Rehat over another, taking Amrit from one taksal and not the other? Is this really what we have come too in such a short time?

If the SGPC Maryada is invalid, why do Sikhs from all over the world rally and get the Akal Takhat to set the Maryada, which every Sikh should follow?