Common Miss Conceptions Of Mugfuls, Mongols, Genghis Khan

Big_Tera

^

Thanks

But I have to make some corrections to my original post as I have only recently read up on Mongols History.

The Mughals of India where mostly of Turkish origin and were not Mongols . Babur was also not Genghis’s grandson, he was a distant descendant of his. Hope that has cleared some issues up.

Although some Mongols who invaded the Middle East did settle there after ruling these areas. But not in huge number as Mongols didn't usually settle in places they ruled for long as they would usually just decimate the places they attacked then leave.This has also to do with the fact that Mongols did not really go to far into the Islamic empire as they were very far from their homeland in Mongolia. But the places they could reach were all annihilated. Hence not Many Mongols actually settled in the Middle East.

The Mongols were also very family orientated and religious people and liked the environment they lived in. They practiced a religion called shamanism and also Buddhism. But In the empire they never imposed any religion on anyone and even built places of worship for the different religions of the people that were in their empire.

This is so interestin to me. I used to h8 'pakis' but they wer just the victims of the mongols . We shud feel sorry for them as they wer forced into slaveryo

Yes it is very interesting, but please Sikha do not use racist terms as we all know how we would feel if we saw someone using racist term to Sikhs on Muslim sites? So please represent sikhi at all times. Also at that point of history, there would of been no Pakistanis as Pakistan was made in 1947.

^

Thanks

But I have to make some corrections to my original post as I have only recently read up on Mongols History.

The Mughals of India where mostly of Turkish origin and were not Mongols . Babur was also not Genghis’s grandson, he was a distant descendant of his. Hope that has cleared some issues up.

Although some Mongols who invaded the Middle East did settle there after ruling these areas. But not in huge number as Mongols didn't usually settle in places they ruled for long as they would usually just decimate the places they attacked then leave.This has also to do with the fact that Mongols did not really go to far into the Islamic empire as they were very far from their homeland in Mongolia. But the places they could reach were all annihilated. Hence not Many Mongols actually settled in the Middle East.

The Mongols were also very family orientated and religious people and liked the environment they lived in. They practiced a religion called shamanism and also Buddhism. But In the empire they never imposed any religion on anyone and even built places of worship for the different religions of the people that were in their empire.

Just to clarify in Sikh history the word Turk refers to mussalman, but specifically to people of Turkmen decent and not Turkish descent. So the people of Central Asia is the word Mughal or Turk refers too. NOT Turkish from Turkey but Turk from Turkmen areas.

This is so interestin to me. I used to h8 'pakis' but they wer just the victims of the mongols . We shud feel sorry for them as they wer forced into slaveryo

After reading up on the history Of the Mongols and the Mughals it has made me look at the whole Arabic Mughals in a completely different light and yes also Muslims from the sub continent. I first saw the Mughals as completely an Islamic origins of people, who did not have any struggles of their own to contend with. But what the Mongols did to them was very cruel an barbaric.Having said that they were also not up to any good themselves and in fact they started the feud with the mongols in the first place which is what ignited the Mongol v Persia Conflict. Genghis Khan sent a a group of envoys to Persia as he wanted to do trade with the Arabs. But the Arab leader executed the whole envoy as he thought they were spies. This resulted in a revenge attack on Baghdad. Genghis destroyed in only 2 weeks, 500 years of Islamic works, books and knowledge which has been lost forever.This was stored in libraries and is something that Islam can never get back.

It seems that the Mughals of India where the descendants of the Mongols.However there seems to be some doubt if they where fully pure Mongols. Whats seems to be the case is that they where watered down Mongols who inter-married with the native Muslims. This is due to the Mongols only being small in number relative to the countries they ruled over. They have been attributed to being able to defeat armies much greater then theirs by their horse riding ability and to fire arrows on the horses while travelling at full speed.They were also very skilled with their bows and arrows and had excellent military tactics which made them so successful.

Most of the Mongols became Muslims after conquering Persia and Islamic countries. These are the ones that stayed behind after conquering then they assimilated to the culture of perisa and Islam. The other countries of the mongol empire such as in Russia, china, poland ect remained their original religion Buddism or Sharmanism. So most Mongols retained their faith except for the ones that conquered Persia and stayed behind.

This just shows that the Arabs where not as good as we thought they were and that if it wasn't for the help of some of their mongol ancestors they probably would not have been so successful at invading India. They had the help of certain Mongols who must have passed down knowledge of military warfare.

All in all this just shows that even the Arabs with the help of some their stray Mongol ancestors could not defeat Sikhs!

I am 100% certain that the original Mongols would also be no match for Sikhs in a fair Battle against each other. This is proven as the mongols and Arabs together with their combined knowledge of warfare and tactics could not defeat Sikhism.The Mongol empire existed in the 13th century and the Sikh empire existed in the 18th century.

Their history is very interesting and fascinating.

Mongols first came into history when the Chinese writers first made reference to them ~600AD. By their own legend (they were Shamanic in religion originally) they were descended from a blue wolf. Their first leader was Budantsar, whose successors ruled over much of Central Asia.

At the end of the 1100s AD a Mongol tribal confederation was led by Temujin just north of the Great Wall of China. In 1204 he crushed one of the other dominant Mongol confederacies - the Keraits. In 1206 he took the title Jahengiz Khan (Genghis Khan).

Up to this point the Mongols had been tributaries to the Chinese Emperor and in 1211 Jahengiz Khan stopped paying further tribute. Jahangiz Khan then went on to raid China. In addition the Turks of Khiva and Georgia were crushed, Southern Russia was raided, Bokhara, Samarkand and Khorasan were taken. In Afghanistan, Herat was taken and to the East the trans-Indus region of Western Punjab was taken. In effect he created the largest empire that the world had yet known.

Jahengiz Khan died in 1227 and his empire was left to his four sons who expanded further into China, Europe, Russia and Poland. The most powerful confederation of the Turks - the Seljuks were made tributaries. The European expansion was halted by the Czechs. This empire was eventually mainly divided amongst one of Jahangiz Khan's three grandsons, from his son Tuli. These were Mangu, Kublai and Hulaya. On Mangu's death Kublai (1260-1294) concentrated on the Mongolian lands and further east into China. Hulaya concentrated on the southern parts of Central Asia, Northern India and the Persian lands.

It was Hulaya (grandson of Jahangiz Khan) who attacked the Baghdad Abbasid Caliphate. The Caliphate was waning as the centre of Islam, as other centres like Cairo were becoming more prominent and Islamic Scholars elsewhere such as Delhi were seen as more renowned. However it housed the treasures of the then Islamic world in terms of culture, medicine, arts, literature and learning. Hulaya attacked Baghdad on the basis that the Caliphate refused to support him against subduing a Persian tribe. The city was destroyed, libraries burnt and people massacred. Afterwards he proceeded to Syria and Palestine, but was stopped at that point by the Mamelukes. He was bloody tyrant and his attack of Baghdad in 1258 brought to an end to the golden age of Islam.

By the mid 1300s this empire had all fragmented. Central Asia was pocketed with various confederacies and independent chiefs of Mongol-Turk origin. The chief families of both races were fairly intermixed by now. The culture was distinctly Persian and the language they spoke was heavily influenced by Persian. At this stage many of the chiefs had converted to Islam.

In 1395 Timur became a self established king of Samarkand. He was an Islamic zealot and favoured Shia Islam. He forged an empire that included two major neighbouring confederacies of Mongols, Northern India, Afghanistan, Iran and Georgia and defeated the great Turkish Sultan Bajazet and thus taking his borders upto Europe. He died in 1405 and his empire quickly fragmented with the Turks retaking all of their territories in the west and the other territories were divided up. His descendants eventually ended up with just Samarkand alone. It is from Timur that the subsequent Mughals of India were descended. Timur was more of Turk blood than Mongol and therefore could never take the title of Khan. The Mughals of India after Humayun had their bloodlines mixed through marriages with Hindu Rajput and Persian women.