Common Miss Conceptions Of Mugfuls, Mongols, Genghis Khan

Big_Tera

^

Before i even read up on the histories of the Mughals and found out about the mughals having Mongolian ancestors. I always thought the Mughals emperors did not look like typical Arabs. But they looked slightly Chinese from their eyes and beards. If you notice Chinese all have very short type of beard due to their genetics.

Yep it is fascinating how people of Chinese/Mongolian origin and also Russian as they ruled Russia also, somehow ended up invading places so far away from their home country. Not only that but invading and ruling other countries with such a different culture then their own such as the Persian Empire.It has to be noted that the Mongols could cover 50 miles in one day on their horses so I guess they could reach places like the middle east quite quickly. Mongolia to Middle east is only about 2000 miles away so covering that distance is relatively quick. What is also astonishing is that after suffering from exhaustion due to traveling to these far away places they still had the energy to fight and win battles.

Before I read this history I never really paid much attention to Mongols or Genghis Khan as I presumed that they never came to India or to the middle east and kept themselves to themselves. And I had no idea that they ruled the Arab countries with such ease or that the Mongol empire was so huge.

I do not think that we should praise the Mongols as they murdered so many innocent people to further their empire. I think what the Mongols show though is it doesn't matter how small in number you are. If you are organised, unified and disciplined you can achieve a great deal above your potential.The mongols at the time where only 1 to 2 million yet they ruled an empire with over 100 million people in it.

• 6 years later...