Some Congressmen Probably Involved In 1984 Riots, Says Rahul

Mehtab Singh

1653731_10151951647508691_2134370202_n.j

Ganga Ram Kaul (also called Gangu Brahmin in Sikh history) was a servant of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj at Sri Anandpur Sahib and has been reported as the incharge of the kitchen of Guru Sahib. Gangu was one of the many Kashmiri Pandits who came to the court of Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji Maharaj in 1675 after threats were made by Mughal authorities to embrace Islam. In 1704, this traitor was the one who notified the Mughal authorities about Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj's aged mother and younger sons Baba Zorawar Singh (aged 9 years) and Baba Fateh Singh (aged 7 years) residing at his place. They were arrested while he was rewarded heavily for this treachery. All 3 of them accepted martyrdom happily but didn't abandon their faith.

In "My Autobiography" written by Jawahar Lal Nehru published in 1937,he himself had admitted that Raj Kaul and Ganga Ram Kaul were his forefathers.

We were Kashmiris. Over two hundred years ago, early in the eighteenth century, our ancestor came down from that mountain valley to seek fame and fortune in the rich plains below. Those were the days of the decline of the Moghal Empire after the death of Aurungzeb, and Farrukhsiar was the Emperor. Raj Kaul was the name of that ancestor of ours and he had gained eminence as a Sanskrit and Persian scholar in Kashmir. He attracted the notice of Farrukhsiar during the latter's visit to Kashmir, and, probably at the Emperor's instance, the family migrated to Delhi, the imperial capital, about the year 1716. A jagir with a house situated on the banks of a canal had been granted to Raj Kaul, and, from the fact of this residence, 'Nehru' (from nahar, a canal) came to be attached to his name. Kaul had been the family name; this changed to Kaul-Nehru; and, in later years, Kaul dropped out and we became simply Nehrus.

Some historical accounts claim that Gangu Brahmin and his wife were killed by Sikhs in 1710 as an act of revenge.

Indira Gandhi had her Gangu-Brahmin ancestry confirmed by reference to family records maintained by Pandits at the Mattan Shrine in the Kashmir Valley. Yaspal Kapur, M.P. assisted by two-three Kashmiris did a commendable job at seeing the family records over there.

Here is their family tree:

Ganga Ram Kaul alias Gangu Brahmin
Raj Kaul alias Nehru
Laxmi Narayan
Mausa Ram
Ganga Dhar
Moti Lal Nehru
Jawar Lal Nehru
Indira Gandhi

The entire family is diabolical, their whole lineage is impure, their very blood is nothing but pure venom and stinks of treachery.

Mehtab Singh Jee, are they also related to Chandu Brahmin? I have heard some theories that Indira Gandhi was a re-incarnation of Chandu's daughter who's marriage was refused by Guru Arjan Dev Jee on the orders of Sadh-Sangat (when Chandu Brahmin insulted Guru-ghar by making a derogatory comment at GuruGhar), and she vowed revenge for it, by demolishing Akal Takht Sahib, hence took re-birth ... I don't know how far this crap is truth!

----------

----------

---------

-----------

Here is their family tree:

Ganga Ram Kaul alias Gangu Brahmin

Raj Kaul alias Nehru

Laxmi Narayan

Mausa Ram

Ganga Dhar

Moti Lal Nehru

Jawar Lal Nehru

Indira Gandhi

The entire family is diabolical, their whole lineage is impure, their very blood is nothing but pure venom and stinks of treachery.

Just to add a few words more to Mehtab Singh’s post . (A large part of my post is based on what I have read, though cant' remember the sources. One of ttose is the book “Sikhs in History” by Sangat Singh . I do not have the book with me now, so can not give the reference pages . I lent the book to someone but did not get it back.).

Gangu Bahman (Ganga Ram Kaul) was also tried by by the Subedar of Sirhand and was declared as a thief (for stealing from Mata Gujari). Though Gangu Bahman (Ganga Ram Kaul) gave the where-about of Chhote Sahibzade and Mata Gujri to the Subedar of Sirhand that resulted in their arrest and subsequent to that their martyrdom, but the Subedar of Sirhand handed over Gangu to Qazis to punish or reward him. However, the Qazis, instead of rewarding him, declared him as a thief. That label stuck with him. When his son (Raj Kaul) was employed by Emperor Farrukhsyar as a resource person on Sikh affairs (how to control Sikhs), one of the acts of favour done by the Emperor to Raj Kaul was of posthumously exonerating Gangu of the theft charges, and offering Raj Kaul an estate on the (Nehar) canal . Raj Kaul assumed the name Nehru (meaning - one who lived on Nehar). He acted as an advisor to Emperor Farrukhsyar (not as a Sanskrit Scholar , as Jawahar Lal Nehru claimed ), to form policy about subduing Sikhs. Why would Farrukhsyar need a Sanskrit scholar? As it is well known that the emperor inflicted untold cruelties and torture on Sikhs. Fortunately , for Sikhs, Farrukhsyar died in short time after becoming the emperor.

In mid 1700’s when the Sikhs under Nawab Kapur Singh and Sardar Beghale Singh started excursions into Delhi (and finally Sardar Baghele Singh entered Red Fort and accepted surrender from the emperor of Delhi of that time.) During the time of that campaign the Nehru family, for fear of being discovered, moved to Allahahabad - far from the reach of Sikhs. Ever since Nehru family considers Allahabad as their home city (they still own estate in Allahabad).

Mehtab Singh Jee, are they also related to Chandu Brahmin? I have heard some theories that Indira Gandhi was a re-incarnation of Chandu's daughter who's marriage was refused by Guru Arjan Dev Jee on the orders of Sadh-Sangat (when Chandu Brahmin insulted Guru-ghar by making a derogatory comment at GuruGhar), and she vowed revenge for it, by demolishing Akal Takht Sahib, hence took re-birth ... I don't know how far this crap is truth!

What is the source as Akal Takht was built in 6 pathsahs time, so she knew before or she just avenged revenge.

Also 100/sincere question. I have no hidden agenda - how do we as Sikh quam validate these statements as there are many.

In above statement -how did the person who made the vow have the insight and capability to do it. How did she know, like enhee kamai? How can vows like that be accomplished? Like why Waheguru let an ignorant person fulfil there ego and let it happen?

By Sanjeev Miglani

NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India's opposition criticized ruling party leader Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday for avoiding any expression of regret for the killings of Sikhs in riots three decades ago, a sensitive issue that threatens to dog him in a tight election due by May.

Gandhi said the government led by his Congress party did everything it could to control the violence against minority Sikhs in retaliation for the assassination of his grandmother, then prime minister Indira Gandhi, by her Sikh bodyguards in 1984.

Nearly 3,000 people were killed in the riots and rights activists accuse the Congress of having turned a blind eye and say some of its leaders helped orchestrate the violence.

"It is tragic that so many died but there is no tribute, no remorse, no apology," said Prakash Singh Badal, the chief minister of Sikh-dominated Punjab state whose party is a member of the main opposition alliance.

Gandhi in a rare interview broadcast on Monday night said the riots were horrible and that some members of the Congress party may have been involved. But they had been punished and the government had, at the time, tried to stop the attacks.

He said he had nothing to do with the violence when asked if he would apologize or at least express regret."I think that riots, as all riots, were a horrible event. Frankly I was not in operation in the Congress party," said Gandhi, the fourth generation member of the Nehru-Gandhi dynasty.Instead, he targeted the opposition's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, accusing his administration in the western state of Gujarat of abetting attacks against Muslims there in another series of riots in 2002.

But Modi's Hindu nationalist Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), rejected the accusation and said Gandhi was wrong to draw a comparison between the two incidents.

"Congress leaders were seen leading the mobs," senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley said of the 1984 violence. "Sikhs were massacred at thousands of places. Nowhere did the police fire a single bullet to disperse mobs. Cases were not investigated."

"Where did Rahul Gandhi get this idea that in 1984 there was no participation of the state?" Sikhs make up about 2 percent of Hindu-majority India's population of 1.2 billion.

Indira Gandhi's assassination, in October 1984, was carried out in revenge for her decision to send the army in to flush Sikh separatist militants out of the Golden Temple - Sikhism's holiest shrine - in the northern city of Amritsar in June that year.

(Editing by Robert Birsel)