Sikh Should Take Over India Media

Nalwa

It's true Sikhs need representation by media outlets in india, but government machinery is working to make this very diffiicult or near imopossible. Licenses for Sikh TV channels are very unlikely to be granted in Punjab or India even if the vast amount of funding to run the channel was available.

The easiest, cost most cost effectve method is to make greater use of technology internet video sites such as youtube, social media to spread awareness facebook, twitter etc. Mobile technoligies to encourage people on the ground in punjab to disclose news of any issues quickly film it on their mobile phones and upload to the internet as quickly as they andf forward it to international media outlets.

This is how in the past couple of years a lot of momentum has been gained i.e: Professor Bhullar case, shaheedi of Jaspal Singh, Bhai Gurbakash Singhs Morcha etc. This is the way forward forget about trying to get licwences for indian based pro Sikh media the state machinery is against the freedom of speech, truth and justice.

We have alredy seen how effectve social media and the internet can be with the Arab Spring risings in Egypt, an across the middle east.

What 'legal rights' are we pursuing when it is the same legal system persecuting us? We need to rise above the law like Sant Bhindrawale

Are you talking about arm struggle ? if yes then i have to say we are not in a position to do so but we should protest against government on days Indian Independence day , Republic day at least keep atmosphere were average Sikhs feel that so called democracy is anti Sikh . WE HAVE TO INCREASE OUR NUMBERS

Yes I'm talking about the arms struggle. I wouldn't say we have been stripped of arms but moreover as Sikhs we have shrugged our responsibility to be self-armed. In this day and age if it means carrying riffles and guns then do so- whatever it may take to fight the oppressor.

Another point I would like to make is that democracy is not failing in Inidia- it is working! Democracy favours the popular opinion and in a majority non-Sikh nation our values are frankly neglected. I feel frustrated when people link democracy to Sikhi. Think about it. The 5 Takht political system established by Guru Har Gobind had nothing to do with democracy. We need to fight for the political system that was bestowed upon us by our Guru - not low, selfish, vote-hungry politicians!