Confused About Studying Sarbloh Granth

Thanks to this website, I started studying Sri Dasam Granth and found it to be absolutely amazing. I was now planning to start studying Sarbloh Granth but I found this to be very confusing.

http://sikh-reality.blogspot.in/2010/09/updesh-teaching-to-khalsa-sarbloh.html

I cannot imagine Guru Kalgidhar Jee telling us to do havans and respecting brahmins and cows. I am now confused whether Sarbloh Granth is rachna of Guru Gobind Singh jee or not.

Thanks to this website, I started studying Sri Dasam Granth and found it to be absolutely amazing. I was now planning to start studying Sarbloh Granth but I found this to be very confusing.

http://sikh-reality.blogspot.in/2010/09/updesh-teaching-to-khalsa-sarbloh.html

I cannot imagine Guru Kalgidhar Jee telling us to do havans and respecting brahmins and cows. I am now confused whether Sarbloh Granth is rachna of Guru Gobind Singh jee or not.

From what I know Havan refers to langar. Originally fires were lit to cook langar, so the Khalsa's havan feeds all not the fire. Now for the Brahmin, if you look at the Sarbloh Granth in the Bhagat Bhagauti Vaar, it says that those who go to and respect (as in obeisance etc.) to Brahmins (the caste) will enter a great form of hell. Thus we can easily establish the Brahmin in question is one who has realized Brahm, or the supreme truth. Not a hierarchical entity. As for cows I am a bit sketchy on that. Maybe the nourishment it provides? Other than that the Sarabloh Granth is a very profound canon, just like the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and Dasam Granth Ji. Kudos to all blogs and sites promoting Gurmat, but one has to gain understanding from a real master one-on-one. Thus understanding will dawn as to so-called contradictory dictums in Gurmat.

Dear Deccan Singh,

Thanks for your reply.

I was just wondering if we can use the following shabad from Sri Guru Granth Sahib to understand the shabad from Sarbloh Granth talking about havans, brahmins etc.

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/Page.asp?SourceID=G&PageNo=1413

bRhmx kYlI Gwqu kM\kw AxcwrI kw Dwnu ] brehaman kailee ghaath ka(n)n(j)akaa anachaaree kaa dhhaan || If a Brahmin kills a cow or a female infant, and accepts the offerings of an evil person, iPtk iPtkw koVu bdIAw sdw sdw AiBmwnu ] fittak fittakaa korr badheeaa sadhaa sadhaa abhimaan || he is cursed with the leprosy of curses and criticism; he is forever and ever filled with egotistical pride. pwih eyqy jwih vIsir nwnkw ieku nwmu ] paahi eaethae jaahi veesar naanakaa eik naam || One who forgets the Naam, O Nanak, is covered by countless sins.

sB buDI jwlIAih ieku rhY qqu igAwnu ]4]

May be Dasmesh Pita is using metaphors. Brahmins means saints, havan means langar and cows mean sangat ?

hi there,

gurfateH!

firstly, im glad there is interest in studying maharaj z bani. secondly, bani cant be disected and understood. it must be meditated on. looking to translations is the wrong way. dasam granth is very deep in the messages that come from there. in guru granth sahib, there are concepts such as, looking at ustat and nindia as the same. and, kacha meeta, and my favorite in guru maharaj bani sggs, 'paap pun doe ek samana'. there are loads of these concepts that will throw you. including, narak surag fir fir avtaar (suggesting heven and hell is also a cycle; meaning we are not to even to go to heaven, which shocks most people). maharaj says, "dhrigant, maat pita sanehang...." basically says, your love for your parents is cursed. these are very deep concepts, but still very easy for us to eventually understand if we take out the time and meditate on the eternal ardaas, which is gurbani.

dasam granth is very meditative. and has said to be only for akaal purakh. meaning, its not for the sunsaar. guruship was given to guru granth. >>(however having said that, maharaj is from dhur ('heaven') so anything they write or do or say is also from heaven. so we may go so far as to say guru dasam and guru sarabloh granth. i must highlight and reiterate my initial point that, gurgaddi was given to sri guru granth sahib only. so... keeping all this in hindsight, i still say, i dont have qualms with people calling gurbani guru. whether its from (guru ) dasam or (guru) sarabloh granth. but our guru, is guru granth sahib.)<<

so. dasam granth is from maharaj, to maharaj. there is so much shakti in the bani. so eventually we will feel the bani of maharaj. dasam granth.

SLG i believe is also maharaj bani. however, i believe it in a slightly different way. in doing research, ive found specific facts to attest to this.

NOW, In direct response to your actual question, nihang singhs are .. lets say, slightly different. they eat meat, do bhang etc... and take a heavy view that sikhism has roots in hinduism. sure, some say they dont. but sanatan (sanatan means puratan aka 'old') nihangs do. so this is the first thing in response.

second thing, sggs says, the true havan is of our mun. of our body. of our thoughts. of all that we have. in this tuk.

qnu mnu kwit kwit sBu ArpI ivic AgnI Awpu jlweI ]4]

than man kaatt kaatt sabh arapee vich aganee aap jalaaee |4|

I would cut my mind and body apart into pieces, and offer them all to You; I would burn myself in fire. ||4||

hy pRBU! (qyrw drsn krn dI ^wqr jy loV pey qW) mYN Awpxw srIr Awpxw mn k`t k`t ky swrw Bytw kr idAWgw, A`g ivc Awpxy Awp nMU swV (BI) idAWgw [4[

you should *now* be able to see resemblance from anand sahib in nitnem. "sub!!!!! saump"

idea is to totally finish yourself in god, in an instant. its beauty like mai bin gur dekhe, neend naaaaaaa avai! all bani is connected. its truly the one message from god himself. people who understand it, will giv other people the knife and the sword and say, go on, kill me now. i wont even stop you.!!!! vaha vaha vaha vaha indeed!

so yh.. people so strait to dasam granth and SLG when maharaj is there infronta you. do the ardaas and see maharaj if you wish!

this is why, people cannot go to professor level strait away. its in stages. go to guru granth sahib. even pick up and find bani from the tuks/panktiz ive said above. dasam granth, there is sooo much debates etc.. people will get to SLG and get stuck on the first sentance. "namo sri maya". ACTUALLY!ppl will get stuck on the first part. the manglacharan! "sri bhavani ji sahae, sri maya lachmi ji sahae..... etc etc"

so my point is, learn concepts and act on then from guru granth sahib. further that with dasam granth, then be amazed by SLG. becaus its somthing else. else, ull just get confused. it took me a long time to understand just the mangla charan or SLG. so a simple thing of havan, shouldnt give you too much cause for concern. not that im suggesting that your faith is shaken or anything etc.. but... easy does it! maharaj says, taaran taran khin maatra ja ko! in one instant, one khin, you will be emancipated/saved/joined with god etcc if you do amal on it. ... and maharaj has not even made it too hard for us to get that nachor from one matra of bani.

oh, and regarding cows, you need to look at the next line. roughly, maharaj says look at all these as god. aka, "god is in alllll".. people misunderstand sggs in this way. so.. no need to look at SLG just yet if you dont read full pauris to understand meanings. im sure you know of loads of lines in gurbani taken out of context.

so.. yh.. heres some food for thought.

>>

BUim dwnu gaUAw GxI BI AMqir grbu gumwnu ]

bhoom dhaan gooaa ghanee bhee anthar garab gumaan |

and if I made donations of land and cows-even then, pride and ego would still be within me.

<<

maharaj gives here that cows are so high, just as the land we have. and gives cows this high status and says no matter what i do, pride will still stay in me, EVEN IF COWS AND LAND IS GIVEN AS DAAAN! so!. its a big thing cows.

and..

>>

kwmDyn hir hir gux gwm ]

kaamadhaen har har gun gaam |

The Khaamadhayn, the cow of miraculous powers, is the singing of the Glory of the Lord's Name, Har, Har.

<<

so now, forget cows, you got the mother of all cows, the most amazing cows, its got special gift giving desire fulfilling powers. and maharaj says, even this cow is singing gods praises.

surely i take it you understand in what voice maharaj says this.. meaning, i assume you get that maharaj is telling people look, this is almighty god. etc. all the cows and land, and desires and everything, does not amount to the glory of god. god is in all.

*its not all about cows anyway*

if you read all of the above, i hope this helps.

thanks

gurfateh!

oh, and regarding the tilak, its a so called "kirpa" if u will... shabad is the true tilak. i tihnk this is in bhatt savayyae. so, if a sant, or saintly person etc has recognised you to have shabad guru in your veins and above your head, they can do tilak and chaur sahib. y? naam and naamee have become one. when the guruship was given to guru angad and guru amardaas etc, tilak was also given to them. (ultimately, its only between guru and guru - guru does their own seva)

girls put bindi on for this reason. and the tikka. its all so called symbolism of the lakshanas (lachan, aka marks) that maharaj has given us as past kamaaees. fact is, more naam simran u do, god himself gives you the kirpa. you feel the tilak. you can feel the tikka. just as a chavar sahib, maharaj has given us our own chaur sahib on our heads. so much satkaar god has given us on our heads. FFT, food for thought, number 7 is said to be sacred etc. so if you believe this, then its no coincidence that 7 outta the nine darvaje of body is on our head.

so tikka.......>

>>bhai gurdaas G vaar

gurmuiK inhclu hoie iek min iDAwieAw]
guramukh nihachal hoe eik man dhiaaeiaa|
The Gurmukh single-mindedly concentrates upon the Lord.
mQY itkw lwlu nIswxu suhwieAw]
mathai ttikaa laal neesaan suhaaeiaa|
The red mark of Love adorns his forehead.
pYrI pY gur isK pYrI pwieAw ]5]
pairee pai gur sikh pairee paaeiaa |5|
Falling on the feet of the Sikhs of the Guru and thus through his own humility, he makes others surrender to his feet.(5)
<<

also in sat and balvand vaar

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

so itkw so bYhxw soeI dIbwxu ]
so ttikaa so baihanaa soee dheebaan |
The same mark on the forehead, the same throne, and the same Royal Court.
ipXU dwdy jyivhw poqw prvwxu ]
piyoo dhaadhae jaevihaa pothaa paravaan |
Just like the father and grandfather, the son is approved.
<<<
so this is bhai satta Ji talking about the gurgaddi of Guru amardaas. its the same noor/nizam that gurr naanak dev G and guru angad dev Ji had.
tikka is so special, its a secret. but maharaj has given it to us soooo .. well, i cant say cheap, because, well.. maharaj has given it to us for Free. dhan maharaj.
:wub22: :respect: :angeljump: :laugh2: :chairspin: :lalala: :swing: :feelingfree: :wub22:
fathe