Help Confussing

Guest Bal singh

Guest Bal singh

Wgkk wgkf sad sanagat I have question a taksal Singh came to my guru ghar and told the sangat that guru sahib said if we accept something from a smoker is the same thing as smoking a cigarette ? Meaning if I take a gum piece from a smoker and I eat it (it's worth 1 cigarette same thing as in smoking one) this goes for alcohol to ? Did guru sahib say this ? Because I am in a cooking fold group in collage and my 1 of my partner is a kid that smokes is it ok if I eat what he makes because we mix up all our dishes ?

Penji , as per rehat

non amritdhari's are not allowed to cook food , at the time of Sant Jarnail singh ji , this was fully kept as rehat in Harmandir Sahib

even Bhramgiani's from taksal used to tell singhs not to eat langar made from non amritdhari ,, it does effect

smokers are considered the worse

even in hindu's smokers are considered very low , but due to westernization idiots can be seen everywhere smoking

Guru sahib denied associating with smokers and others too (see puratan rehat maryada)

i will give you an example of mine

i went and ate something from someones home , i thought they are amrit dhari

but on that day i didnt get much ras while doing path

and it did effect me for long time

latter i came to know the reason

that guy trims beard a little

and accepts bribe

Gur ka shabad atal hai heer jit jarao

The Panthic Sikh Rehit Maryada also states conditions on who not to keep social relationship of food and marriage (Roti Beti di Saanjh) with:

੧. ਮੀਣੇ, ਮਸੰਦ, ਧੀਰਮੱਲੀਏ, ਰਾਮਰਾਈਏ, ਆਦਿਕ ਪੰਥ ਵਿਰੋਧੀਆਂ ਨਾਲ ਜਾਂ ਨੜੀ ਮਾਰ, ਕੁੜੀ ਮਾਰ, ਸਿਰਗੁੰਮ ਨਾਲ ਵਰਤਣ ਵਾਲਾ ਤਨਖਾਹੀਆ ਹੋ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ
|

“1. Anyone maintaining relations or communion with elements antagonistic to the Panth including the minas (reprobates), the masands (agents once accredited to local Sikh communities as Guru’s representatives, since discredited for their faults and aberrations), followers of Dhirmal or Ram Rai, et. al, users of tobacco, killers of female infants or a Sirgum (Sikh who has cut their hair), shall be liable to punishment (‘Thankhaah’).”

(SRM: Chapter XIII, Article XXIV)

From the above, it is clear that a Sikh eats from fellow Sikhs. As a Sikh cannot eat from tobacco users or those who cut their hair it follows that a Sikh cannot eat from restaurants or places where non-Sikhs or at least people with cut hair or who smoke prepare the food. Those Sikhs who eat only from Amritdharis avoid any situation of violating the Rehit (code of conduct) as per the Akal Takht’s Rehit Maryada.

Guru Gobind Singh Ji states:

ਸੁਣ ਗੁਰਸਿੱਖ ਕੀ ਰਹਿਤ ਕੋ ਤਜੇ ਤਮਾਕੂ ਸੰਗ ||ਮਰਣੀ ਮਰੈ ਤੌ ਅਤਿ ਭਲਾ ਜਗਤ ਜੂਠ ਨਹਿ ਅੰਗ ||

(ਭਾਈ ਨੰਦ ਲਾਲ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ)

“Listen to the Rehit of a Gursikh who comes in contact with tobacco – it is better to die than to touch the world pollutant drug (tobacco).”

(Rehitnama Bhai Nand Laal Singh Ji)

Bhai Nand Lal Singh Ji states:

ਨੜੀ ਮਾਰ, ਸਿਰ ਗੁੰਮ, ਕੁੜੀ-ਮਾਰ ਨਾਲ, ਰੋਟੀ ਬੇਟੀ ਦਾ ਨਾਤਾ ਨਹੀਂ ਰੱਖਣਾ | (ਰਹਿਤਨਾਮਾ ਭਾਈ ਨੰਦ ਲਾਲ ਜੀ)

“Those who consume any intoxicant, cut their hair, or those who kill their baby-daughters – do not keep the relationship of eating from food from them or marriage with them.”

(Rehitnama Bhai Nand Lal Singh Ji)

Kavi Santokh Singh (1787-1853), the infamous Sikh poet and historian, writes in Sooraj Parkash Granth:

ਤਨਕ ਤਮਾਕੂ ਸੇਵੀਏ ਦੇਵ ਪਿੱਤ੍ਰ ਤਜਿ ਜਾਇ ॥

ਪਾਨੀ ਤਾਂ ਕੇ ਹਾਥ ਕਾ ਮਦਰਾ ਸਮ ਅਘ ਦਾਇ ॥ 22॥

ਮਦਰਾ ਦਹਿਤਾ ਸਪਤਿ ਕੁਲ ਭੰਗੁ ਦਹੈ ਤਨ ਏਕ ॥

ਸ਼ਤ ਕੁਲ ਦਹਿਤਾ ਜਗਤ ਜੂਠ ਨਿੰਦਾ ਦਹੈ ਅਨੇਕ ॥ 23॥

“Those that consume even a minuscule amount of tobacco are disowned in the afterlife by their ancestors and drinking water from such a person is similar to drinking alcohol. By drinking alcohol seven generations are exterminated and by consuming Bhang/marijuana the body is destroyed. The person who consumes tobacco exterminates one hundred generations and many generations go to hell because of gossiping.”

so yes it will effect

but again something you dont do intentionally example

a mona giving food in langar you dont know if he is smoker or not

some people eat outside with this in mind

but personally if you ask me?

i dont eat food from anyone outside my home

no restaurants

i personally refrain myself

hope this helps