Push Up Bras...

Guest FlatKaur

Guest FlatKaur

Okay. So, I hear everyone around me saying Sikh girls are not supposed to wear makeup/nailpolish etc. because it hides what God really made them. But, what about something like a push up bra? It would alter my body, obviously not permanently (just like nailpolish and makeup). It makes me feel better about myself, as superficial as it may seem, and I am not hurting anybody either. Would this be considered "bad"?

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

"It makes me feel better about myself".

Why? What scale of acceptibility or model of beauty are you applying to yourself that is not being met by your God given beauty? Are you making yourself feel better, or are you making yourself look better for others, which will make you feel better about yourself? Would said bra have the potential for giving you unwanted attention in this Kaljugi world?

I don't think that a push up bra has been banned by the Panthic Maryada or Hukamnama, but you may want to take a deeper insight into who or what you are really doing this for and what is its root cause.

I am writing this as this is presented on a Sikh forum. I am taking this question being asked from a SIKHI perspective and finding out what this will do for your SIKHI and how you view yourself as a SIKH.

Apologies if the intent was not to look at this from the above perspective.

Guest kalyug

The chunni is worn by women to keep their izzat. I am completely shocked at this question. Truly is kalyug. Can a Gursikh woman give this lost soul some direction. She won't listen to men.

Guest OhDearMe

Dear sister, don't worry ! i understand no matter how much we try our consciousness always kicks in about our outwardly appearance. What you are saying seems simply fine and as your saying seems like the perfect idea to help you out right ? But these are only the positive sides to it!

Think about how negative it will be

-when forming relationships

- when you become dependent on wearing it

- the wire in push up bras can damage the breast tissue This is one of the few tissues in the body that is very poor at repairing itself. (it does not give you cancer or anything btw lol )

However i really do understand where your coming from because women always have more expected form them. But personally i'd rather stick to remaining natural because in my experience i feel that i more i try to look good artificially the more problems and stress ive come across whereas when im naturally looking good im happy and relaxed :)

Overall don't worry about it if you really feel you need to then i dont personally think its a big issue :).