Virat Kohli

Big_Tera

sikhiseeker, bhaji tuhanu thodi hi kehhchal karni chahidi punjabi sikhan teh. Attay meh eh vi soch rakhda ki punjabi bolni/likhni/sunani/parne eeh jaat paat vallay issuean taun jaeda important haegi. meh tuhaday viccharran nal poora sehmat haegaan but lagda tusi kuj jaeda apni energy ik passay laga rahay ho.. chalo koe nah, saab raab deh bannday apnay kaman karajaan teh lagay neh..

sikhiseeker, bhaji tuhanu thodi hi kehhchal karni chahidi punjabi sikhan teh. Attay meh eh vi soch rakhda ki punjabi bolni/likhni/sunani/parne eeh jaat paat vallay issuean taun jaeda important haegi. meh tuhaday viccharran nal poora sehmat haegaan but lagda tusi kuj jaeda apni energy ik passay laga rahay ho.. chalo koe nah, saab raab deh bannday apnay kaman karajaan teh lagay neh..

WJKK WJKF

Not every sikh is panjabi speaking or panjabi born. Their are many sikhs born around the world. Also punjabi bolni/likhni/sunani/parne in my view is not as important as the jaat paat issue, this is the sole issue which holds sikhi back. I am still awaiting your response to the topic on bhangra artsits who promote caste, maybe they like you think caste is not such an important issue commanding " jaeda" importance as you stated. Also I find it extremely gobsmacking how a fellow sikh is trying to ridicule another fellow sikh on thier passion for sikhi and the issues affecting sikhi.

Learning the sikh principles is fundematal to becoming a sikh first. Panjabi is a language. Sikhi is a way of life. Do you think guru nanak spoke panjabi in Baghdad or China and told them to learn panjabi before the principles and tenets of sikhi?

So please again as I stated refrain from patronising me as we are all sikhs here. The reason why I ask for replies to be written in English is so that all non panjabi speaking or reading people can benefit from reading and engaging in posts made.

WJKK WJKF

Let me put it down to you, plain and blunt in your adopted bolee, Angrejji and not give you a chance to complain later on.

Not every sikh is panjabi speaking or panjabi born. Their are many sikhs born around the world.

But they all make serious efforts to learn and understand Gurmukhi which includes Punjabi and several other languages so that they can grasp the real meaning of the Shabad. This is just an excuse that all Sikhs don't speak/understand Punjabi. If you've read the various English translations of Gurbani, you'd know that on many instances English doesn't do 100% justice to the meaning of the Shabad. Oh but sorry, how could you differentiate, you yourself claim that not all Sikhs can speak Punjabi, so how could they tell the different between "sath" when it means seven and "sath" when it means truth, right????

Also punjabi bolni/likhni/sunani/parne in my view is not as important as the jaat paat issue, this is the sole issue which holds sikhi back.

Thats solely your viewpoint, and this is a subjective matter. What you hold as top priority may not be the top one for another Sikh.

I find it extremely gobsmacking how a fellow sikh is trying to ridicule another fellow sikh on thier passion for sikhi and the issues affecting sikhi.

How do you know how passionate someone is? And how do we know how passionate you are when you keep questioning everything without running a search on this forum? Every other topic you start has been discussed on here or on other Sikh forums atleast 100s of times. Perhaps you didn't see the response you like? Which is why you start topics that have been brainstormed tons of times already.

Do you think guru nanak spoke panjabi in Baghdad or China and told them to learn panjabi before the principles and tenets of sikhi?

Hello?!?!?! You are NOT Sahib Sri Guru Nanak Dev Jee Maharaj!! When are we Sikhs gonna quit such retarded examples where we knowingly or unknowingly compare ourselves to Guru Sahib?

Dude, looks like you're just arguing for the sake of arguing, which is why you couldn't even take a minor joke which was out of fun. Here is what I'd suggest, request and encourage you to do. Each time your mind has a question, PLEASE run a search on this forum, you may get your answer. If not, please post in that same thread so we can continue wherever we left off from. If that topic is locked, you know that the topic CAN AND WILL turn into a controversial one so please spare us the hassle to lock another thread and get blamed for not allowing the so-called "freedom" to discuss (more like diss and cuss). I am not trying to evade your questions or discourage you from posting your questions on here, I am only urging you to help us out by continuing the "left-off" discussions.

pata nai tuhade gall palle pei vi honi ja mai apna adha ghenta fer barbaad karta

Let me put it down to you, plain and blunt in your adopted bolee, Angrejji and not give you a chance to complain later on.

But they all make serious efforts to learn and understand Gurmukhi which includes Punjabi and several other languages so that they can grasp the real meaning of the Shabad. This is just an excuse that all Sikhs don't speak/understand Punjabi. If you've read the various English translations of Gurbani, you'd know that on many instances English doesn't do 100% justice to the meaning of the Shabad. Oh but sorry, how could you differentiate, you yourself claim that not all Sikhs can speak Punjabi, so how could they tell the different between "sath" when it means seven and "sath" when it means truth, right????

Thats solely your viewpoint, and this is a subjective matter. What you hold as top priority may not be the top one for another Sikh.

How do you know how passionate someone is? And how do we know how passionate you are when you keep questioning everything without running a search on this forum? Every other topic you start has been discussed on here or on other Sikh forums atleast 100s of times. Perhaps you didn't see the response you like? Which is why you start topics that have been brainstormed tons of times already.

Hello?!?!?! You are NOT Sahib Sri Guru Nanak Dev Jee Maharaj!! When are we Sikhs gonna quit such retarded examples where we knowingly or unknowingly compare ourselves to Guru Sahib?

Dude, looks like you're just arguing for the sake of arguing, which is why you couldn't even take a minor joke which was out of fun. Here is what I'd suggest, request and encourage you to do. Each time your mind has a question, PLEASE run a search on this forum, you may get your answer. If not, please post in that same thread so we can continue wherever we left off from. If that topic is locked, you know that the topic CAN AND WILL turn into a controversial one so please spare us the hassle to lock another thread and get blamed for not allowing the so-called "freedom" to discuss (more like diss and cuss). I am not trying to evade your questions or discourage you from posting your questions on here, I am only urging you to help us out by continuing the "left-off" discussions.

pata nai tuhade gall palle pei vi honi ja mai apna adha ghenta fer barbaad karta

WJKK WJKF,

Thankyou for writing in English, also you have confused a complaint with a suggestion. I feel that you have missed my point in regards to the benefit in writing posts in English in correspondence to one another so that other non panjabi speaking sikhs can benefit from the posts also not every person born from panjabi descent has a 100% grasp of the language.

I have not stated that when learning and quoting gurbani it should be written in English!? In terms of gurbani a written quote in gurmukhi and an English and romanised translation is fine. We all know that the full knowledge of gurbani is better understood in Gurmukhi. However in normal correspondence, I have only suggested that it be written in English so the topic and posts can be followed and understood by all sikhs of different linguistic skill levels. I do not see the issue here.

Also, as you stated my view point that caste is the most detrimental issue concerning sikhi is my opinion, however I do not need to be told that I put "more strength into this topic than learning/speaking/understanding/writing panjabi as it is patronising and as you said, subjective.

My response to being passionate was directed at my passion for my sikhi, not anyone else's so the strength I put into my sikhi will always be 100%, never 1% less. The topics I start on this platform are for the sangat to debate at present. Events take place what change opinion, opinion is ever changing so why is a topic in 2008 relevant to me in 2014. I want to debate and understand people and learn from other peoples opinions, younger and older. Also if I started a topic which did not have no posts in reply I would understand your point. If a problem which was around in 2002 is still present in 2014, shall we just read the 2002 posts or speak on the matter at present? It's not the case that I have not seen the response I like, however it's a case that you do not agree with my response and allow it to be debated.

I have never regarded myself as guru nanak ji? Quite frankly I do not understand how you came to the conclusion that I have? My point was guru nanak dev ji on his travels would of spoke in the language of the country, not panjabi. Please correct me if in wrong.

Thankyou for your suggestions, as you know a number of my topics have been locked. This maybe because they seem or are controversial however I believe they should be discussed as then through debate, other opinions can be understood and taken upon from both schools of thought. This should be done within a adult manner and with respect as we are all sikhs. I am not here for arguments, cussing or abusing people. This is evident from my posts. I am not here for the sake of arguing as you have stated, however if I read something to which I disagree with, I have the right to challenge that opinion and question it through debate via this forum, as does someone else have the same right to obviously disagree with me in an mature manner not like children within a playground. Again as I suggested to you when a number of my posts were not just locked, but totally wiped like the saki of guru gobind Singh and madho das, they should be permitted to be debated, basically can we only debate within the lines of sikhsangat.coms version of sikhi? What they say in regards to sikhi goes in essence? I have not been able to watch one minute of the videos you posted on the above topic or respond to you as it has totally been wiped.....again. That must be the "so-called" freedom you mentioned right?

Also this whole post which you quoted was actually for the attention of my brother SINGH4PEACE?

Did you basically disagree with my opinion on the posts in regards to "bhappe" as that was what I had originally stated? To which I received posts in reply in panjabi which I asked then to be sent in my adopted "boli, angrejji" (ENGLISH) so everyone can benefit from the posts!

WJKK WJKF

Virat Kohli is Punjabi Hindu. Manmohan Singh is also a Kohli but Sikh. The way I've understood Punjabi surnames, the ones that are common between Sikhs and Hindus are mostly Khatris, called as "Bhappe" if they are Sikhs. These include names like Bawa, Arora, Chadha, Ghawri, Khurana, Kohli etc. The ones that are common between Muslims and Sikhs can usually be Jatts perhaps, such as Virk, Sandhu, Cheema, Varraich, etc.

Just an observation. Correct me if wrong.

I read your other posts they are inspiring but this one ..a complete nonsense :lol2:

Is the Indian Cricket star batsmen Virat Kohli Sikh? Ive heard alot of Hindus trying to make out that Virat is a Hindu.

But from his last name and the fact he wears a Kara seems like he is infact Sikh and not Hindu.

today kara is worn for fashion purpose ...not only sikh but non sikh also wear it...not because of they have faith in Sikh Gurus...Just because of Fashion and show off...

and being born in just sikh family does not make someone sikh unless he/she follows Gurus and their teachings...Wondering what thing made you to post this article...its Ridiculous :lol2:

today kara is worn for fashion purpose ...not only sikh but non sikh also wear it...not because of they have faith in Sikh Gurus...Just because of Fashion and show off...

and being born in just sikh family does not make someone sikh unless he/she follows Gurus and their teachings...Wondering what thing made you to post this article...its Ridiculous :lol2:

WJKK WJKF

Totally agree with your point. A pag and a Kara instantly make some one think their sikh. It's like how in the uk, many of my English friends do not believe in 1 line of the bible, yet as they celebrate Christmas, getting drunk, eating till they drop and other frolicking around without going to Christmas mass, or following any other Christian tennet, their Christian lol. Mirrored by our own community.

WJKK WJKF