I Handle Meat Daily, But Don't Eat It... Can I Take Amrit?

Guest Mr. Gupt

Guest Singha

Yes Virji. that is your kirt like what guru Nanak deh Ji said " dasa noo de kirt" you not eating it or anything your working with it. It's ok that's your honest kirt

WJKK WJKF,

Many sikhs have an outright no to the consumption of meat in regards to a sikhs diet as does sikhsangat.com aswell. This topic maybe locked due to that reason. However, the notion of being meat and egg free is not all what makes up a sikh and being vegetarian alone will not gain you mukhti. There are many contributing factors which will gain you mukhti, if one decides to take amrit, are you willing to battle the fires of kaam, krodh, mo, lobh and hankar until the day you die? Also any affiliation with your caste? Are you ready to train to use your guru given kirpan?

You have questioned whether by feeding met to your pets with somehow invalidate your amrit sanchar, yet when you sit and sing the praises of waheguru in a gurdwara, as I have stated in many posts, you will pluck the stings of an musical instrument made from an animal product also whilst beating the skin of a dead goat on a tabla! If your view is as the above stated, have you considered your use io such things which use animal by products like leather?

Waheguru is within everything, the sikhs goal is not to make a meat and egg free society, however to serve justice, live honestly and gain mukhti by service and equality of all,

WJKK WJKF

Though brother Sikhseeker has given a very good reply above, we could say that while living in this world we have to deal with several situations in which we may find ourselves, whether willingly or not so...so it is better to draw a line at some point.

Wahiguru Jee.

WJKK WJKF,

Very nice and accurate post. I understand the point you are making. In my opinion and what I understand, (maybe I'm wrong) sikhi is made of two components, Bhagti and shakti- for a khalsa, both components need understanding and growth. Many sikhs today have done much to grow and increase their Bhagti, but many only wear the kirpaan as a symbol.

*deleted*

WJKK WJKF

Mod Note: Refrain from going too deep in whether meat is right or wrong.

WJKK WJKF

If only moderators would step in when people justify caste also, would be much more commendable.