Sign in to follow this  
ikisingh

Proposal For “Bar” At Leamington Gurdwara Complex Submitted To Local Council

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Topics

• Lol it's just an old harmless tradition  no harm in it.  haldi is beneficial actually   people in india have been using it for 1000 os yes. Goreh have only started using it now  As for the announcements that's just stupid 
    • Guest confuseduk
      To the brave Singh's and Kaur's, My first question is that i've gone to many weddings and never understood the relevance of a "maya vatna" or "mayan". They sing songs and apply haldi or whatever to the skin but isn't maya a sin, so <banned word filter activated> are they doing? My second question is often I hear at akand paaths and weddings that this person did "dus pound haajare kithee" forgive my spelling. But whats the point in announcing how much someone has donated? Is it a competition? are they trying to buy their way into such kand? I just don't understand Thanks in advance.
    • Guest Singh
      Meds and counseling haven’t helped
    • Guest Pearl
      My goodness! It was only a joke. I doubt they actually had relations - everyone was watching. Why not blame the girl in the first place for opening the window to her husband?  Let's address the real spectacle of the doli- the fact that the woman is treated like an object owned by men to be transferred from her father to her husband. All the ritual crying when modern technology and transport means she'll see her parents all the time after marriage. Not to mention the superstitious rice throwing.  What does gurbani say about that? 
    • Guest Yumyum
      Nice to see Sikhs get good press for once. And for farming too!

Important Information

Terms of Use