Police With Shoes In Gurdwara Karamsaar Ilford

Police with shoes in Gurdwara Karamsaar Ilford

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nLjw4dyW6qs

Comment -

Gurdwara Karamsar ILFORD

20 hours ago · Shared publicly

Waheugu Ji Ka Khalsa Waheugu Ji Ki Fateh

A video is going around (in fact, a few are) of Gurdwara Karamsar ILFORD, in which a group of Sikhs are being 'STOPPED' from doing Santhia. The videos are skewed and are being uploaded by an individual.

FIRST POINT:

The group who attended this evening had begun santhia around 6 weeks ago, without gaining any permission from the Gurdwara management. They have been coming in and were since told not to continue, as there is no responsible individual who can be held accountable, if something were to happen. In addition, the group were told that there is santhia which occurs every Thursday, so it is not as if there is 'nothing for the sangat', as is being implied in the video. There is also Gurbani viakhia on Mondays, Weekly simran on Thursdays, along with Punjabi and Sikh History classes.

SECOND POINT:

The darbar sahib was being shown to be locked. The 2nd floor darbar is usually locked for security reasons, and is opened when there is a programme (It is a spare hall). Again, such individuals were denied access but wanted to forcefully run their santhia. This group contains individuals from the Mata Sahib Kaur Academy (since closed), and they have been denied access at all the local Gurdwaras. The main darbar, on the 1st floor, was open and kirtan and katha carried on till half past 9!

THIRD POINT:

There is no rule that the police officers couldn't wear their shoes and hats outside the darbar sahib. They did not wear shoes in darbar sahib. The police were called prior to this event, and they maintained a calm presence, only being there to prevent any violence. From observance, and by being a human being with eyes, I can see that some people only attended to increase the sangat numbers. Speaks for itself.

The Gurdwara trust has allowed many regular activities and events to occur, and as such it is my most favourite Gurdwara. Please keep an open mind when these videos come before you.

Waheugu Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

General observation from outsider on overall suitation.. yet again more problems in gurdwaras in england usually involving youths..England seems like s hole place to live for practicing sikh, we have no issues like that for most part in canada, every sikhs know the fine line-live and let live...it appears in england you got more self righteous cactus jacks /singhs who got chip on their shoulder crowd than live and let live crowd......!!

For eg- I have hung around with many taksali youths in canada,, they are most chilled out people i know they are totally chilled out and do their bhagti on the side while enjoying life and nature- mountain biking, hiking etc...compare to taksali youths in uk, who i have met online are outright self righteous condescending cactus jacks...even akj in canada are so mellow in canada, don't even know they exist very silent and polite, they are peaceful and do their own thing- rehansbhai and stuff..

Looks like england sikh youths regardless if its taksali, akj, nihangs having a serious problem with integration with wider egalitarian western values which is compatible with gurbani message of freedom of speech, freedom of liberty, equal rights for humanity, so far they have segragated themselves in ghetto causing all kind of tribal issues in the community.

I predict if sikhs youths in england don't pay attention, they probably end up facing bigger problems like muslim youths ghettos in france will further cause all kind of issues- rioting, fighting amongst each other, violence, fascism etc.

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Having been to this Gurudwara, I think the Sangat would beat me to a bloody pulp if I wore shoes beyond the jorrha-ghar that is right by the entrance. I can see that certainly inflaming any Sikh who attends that Gurudwara. The rest - no comment.

Guest MrHSinghK

This should be reported on Sikh channel these people and there Thug Committee should exposed on the sikh media. Absolutely sickening acts by management M A D A R C H O D 'S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if we can't use the gurdwara for bani purposes why should the youth even bother attending

its a minority rather than a majority, it looks mainly like singhs and their families who have migrated to the uk and not born in the uk

Bhai Sahib, what do you mean by above statement? Are you saying that immigrants from India are inferior than those who born in UK ? Also, How did you judge that they are immigrants from india? Isn't this same as airport security official signalling out turban wearing sikh for a "random" searching?

Bhai Sahib, what do you mean by above statement? Are you saying that immigrants from India are inferior than those who born in UK ? Also, How did you judge that they are immigrants from india? Isn't this same as airport security official signalling out turban wearing sikh for a "random" searching?

Calm down and don't misinterpret.

Sikhs born in UK can usually spot the one's that are 1st gen-immigrants, just like the UK born get spotted in India as valeties, quite easily.

I believe the UK police are quite aware about not entering darbar sahib with shoes on, as they have learned from past incidents in 80's,90's.

Like Sat, I also believe the op to be quite sincere, and the issue is about health and safety, due to the sangat coming in large numbers without permission. If there is no one in charge or willing to be held responsible for the health and safety of those persons......who's going to answer if there was a major issue ?

BTW- health and safety issues are given much much more importance in UK, than in the americas.

I don't know the ins and outs of the situation, but it seems the police were called in because of possible evidence of threat or trouble and It doesn't seem like a 999(911) emergency call.

Sikhs born in UK can usually spot the one's that are 1st gen-immigrants, just like the UK born get spotted in India as valeties, quite easily.

Bhai Sahib, Can you share your thoughts on what qualities one look at in order to make judgement that particular person is Indian immigrant or so on.

So it is right for airport security to make judgement on the possibility of aligning turban wearing sikh as some middle east or some foreigner because of the 'Sikh' physical description not fitting in with guard's own cultural understanding.

If we see large number of Sikhs (whether they are immigrants or not) gathering @ gurdwara sahib then it becomes health & safety issue is something new.

Personally, i got no clue about the situation but the racism within our community is certainly not good.

Guest dasguruka

New strategies of the corrupted Gurdwaras is to try to intimidate Sikh Sangat by calling police for unnecessary reasons. Have seen it done here in CA as well. I'm just waiting to see what Akal Purakh does to all these people who are trying to mislead/intimdate Sikh Sangat. This is pathetic. Sikhi is such a beautiful way of life and hate to see these Guru Nindaks sticking out like thorns on this path of Sikhi.