Police With Shoes In Gurdwara Karamsaar Ilford

Police with shoes in Gurdwara Karamsaar Ilford

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nLjw4dyW6qs

Comment -

Gurdwara Karamsar ILFORD

20 hours ago · Shared publicly

Waheugu Ji Ka Khalsa Waheugu Ji Ki Fateh

A video is going around (in fact, a few are) of Gurdwara Karamsar ILFORD, in which a group of Sikhs are being 'STOPPED' from doing Santhia. The videos are skewed and are being uploaded by an individual.

FIRST POINT:

The group who attended this evening had begun santhia around 6 weeks ago, without gaining any permission from the Gurdwara management. They have been coming in and were since told not to continue, as there is no responsible individual who can be held accountable, if something were to happen. In addition, the group were told that there is santhia which occurs every Thursday, so it is not as if there is 'nothing for the sangat', as is being implied in the video. There is also Gurbani viakhia on Mondays, Weekly simran on Thursdays, along with Punjabi and Sikh History classes.

SECOND POINT:

The darbar sahib was being shown to be locked. The 2nd floor darbar is usually locked for security reasons, and is opened when there is a programme (It is a spare hall). Again, such individuals were denied access but wanted to forcefully run their santhia. This group contains individuals from the Mata Sahib Kaur Academy (since closed), and they have been denied access at all the local Gurdwaras. The main darbar, on the 1st floor, was open and kirtan and katha carried on till half past 9!

THIRD POINT:

There is no rule that the police officers couldn't wear their shoes and hats outside the darbar sahib. They did not wear shoes in darbar sahib. The police were called prior to this event, and they maintained a calm presence, only being there to prevent any violence. From observance, and by being a human being with eyes, I can see that some people only attended to increase the sangat numbers. Speaks for itself.

The Gurdwara trust has allowed many regular activities and events to occur, and as such it is my most favourite Gurdwara. Please keep an open mind when these videos come before you.

Waheugu Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

• Like 1

General observation from outsider on overall suitation.. yet again more problems in gurdwaras in england usually involving youths..England seems like s hole place to live for practicing sikh, we have no issues like that for most part in canada, every sikhs know the fine line-live and let live...it appears in england you got more self righteous cactus jacks /singhs who got chip on their shoulder crowd than live and let live crowd......!!

For eg- I have hung around with many taksali youths in canada,, they are most chilled out people i know they are totally chilled out and do their bhagti on the side while enjoying life and nature- mountain biking, hiking etc...compare to taksali youths in uk, who i have met online are outright self righteous condescending cactus jacks...even akj in canada are so mellow in canada, don't even know they exist very silent and polite, they are peaceful and do their own thing- rehansbhai and stuff..

Looks like england sikh youths regardless if its taksali, akj, nihangs having a serious problem with integration with wider egalitarian western values which is compatible with gurbani message of freedom of speech, freedom of liberty, equal rights for humanity, so far they have segragated themselves in ghetto causing all kind of tribal issues in the community.

I predict if sikhs youths in england don't pay attention, they probably end up facing bigger problems like muslim youths ghettos in france will further cause all kind of issues- rioting, fighting amongst each other, violence, fascism etc.

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Having been to this Gurudwara, I think the Sangat would beat me to a bloody pulp if I wore shoes beyond the jorrha-ghar that is right by the entrance. I can see that certainly inflaming any Sikh who attends that Gurudwara. The rest - no comment.

Guest MrHSinghK

This should be reported on Sikh channel these people and there Thug Committee should exposed on the sikh media. Absolutely sickening acts by management M A D A R C H O D 'S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if we can't use the gurdwara for bani purposes why should the youth even bother attending

its a minority rather than a majority, it looks mainly like singhs and their families who have migrated to the uk and not born in the uk

Bhai Sahib, what do you mean by above statement? Are you saying that immigrants from India are inferior than those who born in UK ? Also, How did you judge that they are immigrants from india? Isn't this same as airport security official signalling out turban wearing sikh for a "random" searching?

Bhai Sahib, what do you mean by above statement? Are you saying that immigrants from India are inferior than those who born in UK ? Also, How did you judge that they are immigrants from india? Isn't this same as airport security official signalling out turban wearing sikh for a "random" searching?

Calm down and don't misinterpret.

Sikhs born in UK can usually spot the one's that are 1st gen-immigrants, just like the UK born get spotted in India as valeties, quite easily.

I believe the UK police are quite aware about not entering darbar sahib with shoes on, as they have learned from past incidents in 80's,90's.

Like Sat, I also believe the op to be quite sincere, and the issue is about health and safety, due to the sangat coming in large numbers without permission. If there is no one in charge or willing to be held responsible for the health and safety of those persons......who's going to answer if there was a major issue ?

BTW- health and safety issues are given much much more importance in UK, than in the americas.

I don't know the ins and outs of the situation, but it seems the police were called in because of possible evidence of threat or trouble and It doesn't seem like a 999(911) emergency call.

• Like 2
Sikhs born in UK can usually spot the one's that are 1st gen-immigrants, just like the UK born get spotted in India as valeties, quite easily.

Bhai Sahib, Can you share your thoughts on what qualities one look at in order to make judgement that particular person is Indian immigrant or so on.

So it is right for airport security to make judgement on the possibility of aligning turban wearing sikh as some middle east or some foreigner because of the 'Sikh' physical description not fitting in with guard's own cultural understanding.

If we see large number of Sikhs (whether they are immigrants or not) gathering @ gurdwara sahib then it becomes health & safety issue is something new.

Personally, i got no clue about the situation but the racism within our community is certainly not good.

How are the police suppose to take their shoes off when they can be walking into anything? The police are not at fault; they have to attend to calls made for their assistance.

Why are outsiders that know nothing about the issue making all these wild claims? Escape code blame the immigrants.

Guest dasguruka

New strategies of the corrupted Gurdwaras is to try to intimidate Sikh Sangat by calling police for unnecessary reasons. Have seen it done here in CA as well. I'm just waiting to see what Akal Purakh does to all these people who are trying to mislead/intimdate Sikh Sangat. This is pathetic. Sikhi is such a beautiful way of life and hate to see these Guru Nindaks sticking out like thorns on this path of Sikhi.

Bhai Sahib, Can you share your thoughts on what qualities one look at in order to make judgement that particular person is Indian immigrant or so on.

So it is right for airport security to make judgement on the possibility of aligning turban wearing sikh as some middle east or some foreigner because of the 'Sikh' physical description not fitting in with guard's own cultural understanding.

If we see large number of Sikhs (whether they are immigrants or not) gathering @ gurdwara sahib then it becomes health & safety issue is something new.

Personally, i got no clue about the situation but the racism within our community is certainly not good.

Please forgive me if i have offended or hurt your feelings as this was not my intention, i made that remark from what i picked up from the video and it was my perception, as for being able to tell the difference as luckysingh ji has said it is the same as how we are picked out as being from baar or valethiyeh etc etc in india.

I meant no offence.

• Like 2

I know this gurdwara well. Whilst the sangat were on to a good thing by wanting to do their own santiya class, they should have consulted and had prior agreement from the gurdwara management. We all know you can't just walk into a gurdwara because it has an empty hall and start using it for your own purposes, even if it for a good cause. If there wasn't a overseeing management structure in place there would be chaos in the running of gurdware and everyone would be helping themselves to the facilities.

Videos relating to incident have gone viral on facebook within the Sikh community locally. Personally I think it is being blown well out of proportion. Rather than addressing the core issue the group were facing i.e. not having a place to do their santiya class they are now more interested in defaming the gurdwara by showing videos of police wearing shoes outside the darbar hall and sachkhand. Yes the general sangat are supposed to leave their shoes downstairs but I guess in the case of the police an exception was made by the management.

Please forgive me if i have offended or hurt your feelings as this was not my intention, i made that remark from what i picked up from the video and it was my perception, as for being able to tell the difference as luckysingh ji has said it is the same as how we are picked out as being from baar or valethiyeh etc etc in india.

I meant no offence.

none taken Bhai Sahib and appreciate your nice reply.

Of course there is vast difference between sikhs living abroad and india. I see 'valatey' sikhs to be more ethical than those who live in punjab however, punjab sikhs feel proud of their brothers/sisters living abroad. on the other side i see many young 'valatey' sikhs looking down upon immigrants who is not or refuse to adjust to western social culture.

Sat1176, i agree with you that there should be a process where such incident does not happen - like asking permission to hold any program inside darbar hall. However the other side of the management made grave mistake by calling cops, fully knowing that they will enter darbar hall with shoes.

Solution? Keep politics out of gurughars and we wont see such horrible news again.

• Like 2

From all the footage I have seen the police did not enter the darbar sahib, they were standing outside. Even the sangat is sitting outside the darbar facing it most likely because the top floor darbar was closed.

Reading between the lines here, but from the videos it looks like the sangat were protesting they will hold the santiya class there whether the management agree or not. In that circumstance it would appear the police were called.

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• Old story, but interesting and I had not heard of it before https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/how-to-marry-a-maharaja-399010.html How to marry a maharaja It was a story that intrigued and scandalised Spain a century ago: the exotic dancer who caught the eye of a visiting prince and went to live in India as his wife. But plans to tell her story on the big screen have outraged the mahajara's descendants, who fear his reputation will be tarnished Elizabeth Nash Monday 05 November 2007 01:00  comments   Just over a century ago, Anita Delgado, a beautiful but barely literate Spanish teenager, danced a brief flamenco in a Madrid nightclub, caught the eye of a visiting Indian prince, the Maharaja of Kapurthala, and married him. The modest café-owner's daughter left her homeland to live for 18 years in opulent luxury in the Himalayan foothills with Sir Jagatjit Singh. She was his fifth and favourite wife and he showered with attention and jewels personally designed for her by Cartier. The rags-to-riches story intrigued and scandalised Spanish society for decades, to the point that it became said of any young woman seeking social advancement that she "wanted to marry a maharaja". The royal couple had a son, but eventually separated amid allegations of her infidelity. Delgado returned to Europe with a generous pension, and died in Madrid in 1962, after which her fairy-tale life story was gradually forgotten.   But the spectacular biography of the woman who became known as the "Spanish Maharani" has bounced back centre stage after the recent publication of a sizzling fictional biography by Javier Moro which has become a best-seller in Spain and India, and has been translated into several languages. Screen rights to the book were snapped up by the Spanish actress Penelope Cruz, who, inspired by the exotic East-West romance, planned a big budget biopic to be filmed in India in co-operation with Bollywood superstars, which she would produce and direct through her recently established production company. She cast herself in the starring role as the sultry dancer turned princess. But the project ran into trouble, blocked by descendants of the maharaja who, although long stripped of their privileges under the Raj, still enjoy social prestige in India. The maharaja's great-grandson, Tika Shatrujit Singh, heir to the Kapurthala royal family, has challenged the actress's ambitions and threatens legal action to defend the name of his ancestor, who died in 1949, which he claims is sullied by a sensationalist fictional account of his marriage with the low-born Spanish girl. Public interest was further stirred when Christie's announced this month that it would auction the late maharani's jewels in London, an event which the auction house itself hailed as evoking a fairy-tale love story "that could have been written by the finest romantic novelist, but was in fact true". The highlight among the eight pieces of jewellery, worth an estimated £200,000, is an art deco emerald, diamond and rock crystal necklace, a gift from the maharaja to his bride on her 19th birthday. The necklace had been an adornment for his favourite elephant. Christie's international director of Asian art, Amin Jaffer, said: "These jewels are a symbol of cross-cultural love and taste, bringing together Indian princely patronage with the finest European craftsmanship and design."   The improbable romance that spanned class and culture began in Madrid in 1906 during preparations for the wedding between Spain's King Alfonso XIII and Princess Victoria Eugenia of Battenburg. Anita Delgado's family had moved from Malaga some weeks before, so her father could look for work, and Anita, 16, and her sister Victoria started a dance act in a Madrid nightclub, calling themselves Las Camelias. Among the English contingent of guests to the sumptuous royal wedding was the Maharaja of Kapurthala, then aged 34, who formed part of the retinue of the Prince of Wales. He arrived in a glittering coach, wearing a turquoise blue turban adorned with pearls and precious stones, his chest studded with decorations, and a diamond-encrusted dagger in his belt. He asked to visit evening entertainment, was taken to see the Delgado sisters, and was smitten by Anita's black hair and huge sleepy eyes. Sir Jagajdit showered the girl with gifts and flowers, which were rebuffed by her fiercely protective family. He took her to dine in Madrid's smartest restaurant, where the unworldly teenager drank the hot water in the fingerbowl. After the royal wedding ceremony, he invited the Delgado family to his hotel suite, but celebrations turned to fear and panic when an anarchist threw a bomb at the royal cortège, killing 23 people and wounding scores. Guests swiftly fled Madrid, but Sir Jagadjit continued his courtship from Paris. He offered Anita a huge sum of money – enough to set up her family for years – and she agreed to marry him. "I went to Paris," she said later. "I was met by his secretary, a dozen slaves and half a dozen automobiles. They took me to a luxurious palace. A letter awaited me: the prince would not appear until I had learnt French, because he didn't want to express his feelings through another person."   It was an astonishing life change for a young Spanish woman of humble origins for whom education, travel and social advancement were virtually unattainable.She was taught to ride, play the piano and dance; she learnt French and English and how to behave at formal banquets. The wedding was set for January 1908. The prince went ahead to supervise arrangements, and Anita embarked in Marseilles for Bombay. In Kapurthala, she married according to Sikh rites and took the name Prem Kaur. She made something of a splash in Indian high society, but was devastated to learn on her arrival that she was the maharaja's fifth wife. She describes how four maids, each with a different function, formed her "walking bathroom". Her liberal-minded, Westernised husband allowed her considerable freedom of action, allowing her to live in her own quarters, outside the harem, but the British imperial authorities never recognised her as queen. They had a son, Ajit Singh, and travelled together for years through India and Europe, until in 1924, on a visit to London where they stayed at the Savoy, she is said to have had an affair with her stepson, who was about her age. She was separated from the prince, and divorced a year later. Delgado retained her Indo-Punjabi nationality, a life pension, her title as maharani, and all the gifts and jewels she had received during 18 years of marriage. In exchange, she was obliged to leave India and never remarry. She returned to Europe, and lived in Malaga, Biarritz, Deauville and Paris, enjoying the company of her secretary, Gines Rodriguez de Segura, in a relationship she kept secret, fearing the pension that supported them both in luxury would be stopped, until her death in Madrid in 1962. Many of her possessions, including millions of pounds worth of jewels, were sent from India in a separate ship that sank in the Mediterranean. The maharaja's heirs are still trying to recover the treasure. Her son, Ajit, died in 1982 after which Delgado was largely forgotten until the Spanish writer Javier Moro recently published a novel based on her life, Pasion India, translated into English and published in India as Indian Passion. The tale, illustrated with family photos, was widely covered in the Spanish press, where Penelope Cruz's mother spotted it and pointed it out to her daughter as a tailor-made role. The actress, whose father was a suburban car salesman, who became an Oscar-nominated Hollywood goddess, "fell in love with the story" and bought the film rights to Moro's book. Cruz set up her own production company last year and told journalists at the Cannes Film Festival of her ambitions to turn Passion India into her first big biopic as producer and director, to be shot in India, France and Spain. She would play the starring role as dancer-turned-princess, and the Bollywood heart-throb Shahrukh Khan was widely tipped in the Indian press as candidate to play the maharaja. Cruz announced plans to visit India to scout locations in Punjab and cast Indian actors. But everything went on hold when the actress-producer-director found herself on a collision course with the maharaja's family. The book was "a scandalous portrayal that has been spiced up", the maharaja's great-grandson, Shatrujit Singh, said. "This is not a historical account but a creation of the imagination of a mentally sick author, who humiliated the memory of my great-grandfather." The heir to Kapurthala refuses to co-operate with Cruz and threatens legal action to defend his family's name. "I've got nothing against Penelope Cruz, who has obviously been misinformed by Moro," Shatrujit Singh said. "We'd be delighted if she starred in a film about the real life of Princess Anita, but not this rubbish." Moro's book slurred not only the former rulers of Kapurthala, but other former maharajas too, Mr Singh said. "Moro is perfectly entitled to write a book of fiction, but not to use real people, with real names, illustrated with real photos, then say it's only fiction. That kind of behaviour is unacceptable in India." Then Delgado's great-nephew, Manuel Lucas Sanchis, grandson of Anita's niece, Victoria Winans Delgado, wrote an open letter to Cruz saying: "The book contains a great number of errors, frivolities and mediocrities intended only to provide a more saleable image to the protagonist and the world she lived in. Don't base your script on this book, which has nothing to do with reality." But there may be a way out. Another Spanish author, Elisa Vazquez de Gey, published an earlier, less sensational, biography of Anita Delgado. This was authorised by Victoria Winans Delgado, Mr Sanchis's grandmother, who gave the author family photographs and documents, including Delgado's diary, published in 1915. Mr Sanchis concludes his letter by recommending Gey's work as a more reliable source for a filmscript. And the heir to Kapurthala, an adviser for luxury brands in India, may yet relent. "My great grandfather loved Spain and visited the country 20 or 30 times," he said. "In reality, this is an opportunity to tell the love story between the unique cultures of India and Spain, based not on tittle-tattle, but on good manners and sophistication. "I am prepared to meet [Penelope Cruz] and explain the family's feelings and offer her historical guidance. If she co-operates, I may even open the doors to my palace."
    • https://www.outlookindia.com/website/story/outlook-spotlight-harjinder-singh-kukreja-the-sikh-globe-trotter-and-goodwill-ambassador/397666 Harjinder Singh Kukreja, The Sikh Globe-Trotter And Goodwill Ambassador Little do people know, but he is also the first Sikh to skydive wearing his Turban in 2014 in Melbourne, Australia and the first Sikh to scuba-dive with his Turban in 2016 in Antalya, Turkey.     Published: 14 Oct 2021, Updated: 14 Oct 2021 8:18 pm With millions of followers on social media, Harjinder Singh Kukreja is one of the most followed Sikhs online. He is a renowned restaurateur, a global citizen with strong traditional roots, a variety of interests, with an amazing social media reach of over 4 million combined followers on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn. Little do people know, but he is also the first Sikh to skydive wearing his Turban in 2014 in Melbourne, Australia and the first Sikh to scuba-dive with his Turban in 2016 in Antalya, Turkey. When Harjinder Singh Kukreja steps foot in a new country or a new place or delves into a new subject, he carries with him his indomitable spirit of adventure, his knowledge of the heritage and legacy of India. His vast experience and reach of active and significant influence in the world through social media, his sophisticated forays into meeting diplomats around the globe, and his unique detours as a keen family traveller are well known and acknowledged worldwide. All this with the responsibility and professionalism of a well-established business person, the love of a family person, the intervention of a public speaker and influencer, the gregariousness of a Punjabi with the courage and philanthropy of a Sikh.   Harjinder was awarded the ‘Jewels of Punjab’ Award in 2019 by India’s former Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh for his contribution to Sikh and Punjabi culture and its promotion in his typical ways. From installing Sikh emblems, the Ik Onkar and Khanda at the World War I memorial in Ypres, Belgium in the memory of fallen Sikh soldiers to his contribution and presence at the unveiling of the bust of Maharaja Ranjit Singh in St.-Tropez, France, Harjinder has been highlighting the Sikh military history and making extensive efforts to promote it. From gifting a unique painting of Maharaja Ranjit Singh with his French General Jean François Allard to the French Ambassador in India, Alexander Ziegler, to hoisting the Nishan Sahib in Gallipoli in Turkey to pay homage to the unknown Sikh soldiers who were martyred there, Harjinder loves to promote the lesser known aspects of Sikh history zealously. Harjinder Singh Kukreja is also a top-notch travel influencer and an ambassador for outbound tourism from India. The Turkish Tourism Board admires Harjinder‘s clout on social media, and he has been invited several times to Turkey to promote their tourism. He and his family have been hosted several times by Inflow Summits in several regions of Turkey in association with Turkish Airlines. From the UK Tourist Authority to Iran’s unofficial Tourism Board -Feel Iran and several top-level Hotel brands like Hyatt, Ritz-Carlton, Kempinski and Four Seasons have collaborated with Harjinder Singh Kukreja and sought exposure on his social media pages.   Harjinder Singh Kukreja is also known for his entrepreneurial acumen. He spearheaded his family’s venture into giving Ludhiana’s chocolate aficionados the city’s first Belgian Chocolate Cafe, Belfrance Bakers and Chocolatiers, in 2015. The Ambassador of Belgium in India, H.E. Mr Jan Luykx, inaugurated Belfrance in upmarket Ludhiana. Harjinder Singh Kukreja travelled extensively to Belgium and other European nations to seek inspiration and even trained to craft real Belgian chocolate in Brussels to make Belfrance what it is today. Belfrance is famous worldwide for its annual chocolate Ganesha, which has received great reception by Indian and international media for many years.   A staunch believer in the significance and importance of the family unit for societal progress, Harjinder Singh Kukreja is well-known for being a family man. His social media pages are full of endearing images and videos of his loveable children -Rehras Singh, Aad Sach Singh and Rut Suhavi Kaur.  His wife -Harkirat Kaur Kukreja, whom he proudly introduces as the ‘Sikh Supermom’, is the powerhouse of his life.   The teachings of Guru Nanak make Harjinder always a step ahead to put his best foot forward by contributing during unfortunate natural calamities. He has helped many flood-affected people in Jammu & Kashmir and even the victims of the Chennai floods. “I believe in such times we all, as humanity, must give our services in the form of money, clothes, items of daily needs and food”, says Harjinder Singh Kukreja. In his efforts to bring equality and humanity together, Harjinder organised a unique Sikh Langar inside Ludhiana’s historical Mosque -Jama Masjid, where he welcomed people of all religions. This initiative was acclaimed widely and received accolades from across the boundaries of countries and communities. From educating unprivileged children to contributing to their marriages, Harjinder Singh Kukreja and his family are always ready to pitch in.  Harjinder Singh Kukreja has a soft-corner for the Syrian refugees because his grandfather, Randhir Singh Kukreja migrated to India, post the partition as a refugee from Sialkot, which is now in Pakistan. In 2017, Harjinder Singh Kukreja wore the jersey of Ravi Singh’s Khalsa Aid International and flew from Istanbul to Gaziantep in Turkey, merely 80 km from the war-torn Syrian capital, to spend an entire day with Syrian refugees.   Government schools and offices in France do not allow religious symbols like Turbans and Hijabs. Harjinder Singh Kukreja decided to voice his concern positively. In 2014, he skydived with the Turban from 14,000ft in St Kilda, Melbourne, Australia, and he is also the first Sikh to scuba-dive in the Turban in 2016 in Antalya, Turkey. “My Turbaned skydive was an effort made to raise voice in favour of not just the Sikh religion but for everyone who wears articles of faith like the cross, hijab, kippah, skull cap and the Turban”, says Harjinder Singh Kukreja.
    • 2023: The Earth’s orbit will change (nobody really knows what this means).  - similar been mooted by some kathavachaks 2025: The population of Europe will reach almost zero. - interesting but unlikely I think  2028: Mankind will fly to Venus, in hope of finding new sources of energy.  😂 2043: Europe’s transformation into an Islamic caliphate is complete. Rome is named the capital. The world’s economy thrives under Muslim rule.  - Doubt it unless the middle East invades Europe
    • https://www.expressandstar.com/news/politics/2021/10/21/mp-demands-answers-over-unjust-treatment-of-west-midlands-three/ MP demands answers over 'unjust' treatment of West Midlands Three By Peter MadeleyWolverhamptonPoliticsPublished: 4 hours ago   Preet Kaur Gill has demanded answers over the "targetting" of the men, known as the West Midlands Three, who were accused of being involved in a murder plot in India in 2009. The Home Office certified an extradition request in December 2020, but an appeal to hand them over to Indian authorities was dismissed in September after a District Judge found that no case could be established. Edgbaston MP Ms Gill, who is chair of the all party parliamentary group for British Sikhs, has demanded answers over the handling of the case. She also called for the Home Office to push for the release of another British national, Jagtar Singh Johal, who has been held in an Indian jail without charge for more than four years. Ms Gill said: "The case of the West Midlands Three is appalling. Having met with them, I've seen first-hand the unjust treatment which they have been subjected to. "The targeting of innocent, British Sikhs has no place in our society "Jagtar Singh Johal has now been detained in India, facing the death penalty, for more than four years with only an alleged confession obtained under torture as evidence. "In accordance with foreign office policy where an individual is arbitrarily detained, the UK Government must act and call for Jaggi's release. It is vital that the foreign secretary now makes this urgent request."
    • https://indianexpress.com/article/cities/amritsar/sikh-activists-give-rs-1-lakh-to-singhu-victims-wife-daughters-want-to-help-as-lakhbir-victimised-them-7582565/ Sikh activists give Rs 1 lakh to Singhu victim’s wife, daughters: ‘Want to help as Lakhbir victimised them’ To offer the same, Gangveer Singh Rathore and Sunny Singh Khalsa, both independent social workers, visited village of Lakhbir’s in-laws in Amritsar. The wife and three daughters of Lakhbir Singh, who was lynched at Singhu border, have received financial help of Rs 1 lakh from two Sikh activists. To offer the same, Gangveer Singh Rathore and Sunny Singh Khalsa, both independent social workers, visited village of Lakhbir’s in-laws in Amritsar. They said that they had collected this money through voluntary donations and were offering it on behalf of the community. In written statement later, they said, “We don’t want to create any wrong perception that family of sacrilege suspect would get financial aide. We want to help these girls because they were also victimised by Lakhbir who never fed them. However, some people are using these girls to create sympathy for Lakhbir and play dirty politics. I would like to ask these people not to use these girls to play their politics, but help them instead…They should be helped because they were troubled by Lakhbir. Rest, our views of the incident at Singhu border are same as that of Akal Takht acting jathedar Giani Harpreet Singh.” On Sunday, Bheem Army chief Chandrashekhar Azad had met Lakhbir’s sister, Raj Kaur, at village Cheema Khurd in Tarn Taran and provided financial assistance of Rs 5,000 while promising more help. While providing financial help, Gangveer said, “We learnt through newspapers that Lakhbir’s three daughters and wife were not looked after by him. In last five years, Lakhbir never cared to know how they were living….His brother-in-law Sukhchain Singh endorsed these news stories. Allegations of his involvement in the sacrilege act have created more trouble for the family. Their lives were already full of misery…There is no scope of keeping any malice toward the family for the alleged actions of Lakhbir.” In a video with Sikh activists, Lakhbir’s brother-in-law, Sukhchain Singh, said, “If Lakhbir is guilty, we stand with the community.”

Important Information

Terms of Use