Pregnant Singhni Needs Advice On Giving Birth!

Guest pregnantsinghni

Guest pregnantsinghni

VJKK VJKF!

I know this is a silly question but i am due to give birth next month and i wanted to know how other amritdhairs have tackled the problem of showing legs etc during giving birth. What did you guys wear?

Whats the best bani to read?

Also did you wear your kirpan? what about kashera?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

VJKK VJKF!

VJKK VJKF!

I know this is a silly question but i am due to give birth next month and i wanted to know how other amritdhairs have tackled the problem of showing legs etc during giving birth. What did you guys wear?

I had my son in US. Hospital provided me with a gown. It was a long gown. Seriously, at that time I was only thinking about my contractions so I did not care about exposing my legs and what nurses thought about my body hair. I mean Bhenji, if you have female doc, you shouldn't worry about showing legs. I mean when you are in labor, all your concentration in on delivering your child.

Whats the best bani to read?

Japji Sahib, Sukhmani Sahib and Naam Simran.

Also did you wear your kirpan? what about kashera?

Yes, I had all my kakkars. Kirpan was under the gown but one of the nurse saw it and my husband explained it to her. Turns out she was a Muslim and knew about Sikhi. I tied my kachera to my left leg.So I can still have it on but its not in the way. Nurses and staff is their to help you relief pain

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Have someone with you. Someone who is near to you. Have your husband or your mother with you.

Stay Calm Bhenji and Jap Naam!!!! My delivery was very long but you know Guruji sent this really caring and supportive midwife who stayed with till my son was born. She already worked her two shifts and her shift ended 4 hours before my delivery. She overstayed without getting paid just to help me out. She was asked to leave but she told her staff that God was telling her to stay with me. She said she felt the spiritual connection. So Bhenji, leave everything on Guruji. He will be there for you and your baby.

VJKK VJKF!

My delivery was very long but you know Guruji sent this really caring and supportive midwife who stayed with till my son was born. She already worked her two shifts and her shift ended 4 hours before my delivery. She overstayed without getting paid just to help me out. She was asked to leave but she told her staff that God was telling her to stay with me.

Waheguru ! this maybe off topic but a similar thing happened when my wife was giving birth to our youngest child, she was in labour for hours and two midwives had completed their shifts, something was not right! So i left the room and went outside and did Ardas at the feet of Guru ji and when i went back in the room an asian lady doctor came in and within in minutes she carried out a procedure and my son was born.

WJKK WJKF. Just a point to add, all the suggestions are very good. I am in the UK and I don't know about US hospitals but, Me and my wife are both Amritdhari and I also took into the delivery with me a small sarbloh bata and patase. When my son was born the mid wife cleaned him, wrapped him in a towel and placed him in the incubator. I filled the bata with warm water ane put in 5 patase. Then I took out my kirpan, which I also rinsed under warm water, got into bir ras position and stirred the patase in the bata whilst reciting Jap Ji Sahib at the same time. Once Jap Ji Sahib was complete i did ardas and I put 5 drops of the Amrit from the tip of the kirpan into my boys mouth. I gave the rest of the prepared Amrit to my wife. Only then did my wife give him his first feed.

This is called janam sanskar and is found in taksaal maryada. I was taught about this in gurmat class when I was growing up.

Hope this helps also. WJKK WJKF