Sikh Weddings In Mexico And Sggs Ji

Guest dass of dass

Guest dass of dass

Has anyone else heard of apne mainly north americans / canadians getting married in mexico or other beach or holiday destinations, what are your views as regards to the SGGS ji being taken to beach resorts for lavan ceremony is this beadbi and is maharaj ji being given full respect / satkar or have apne stooped even lower in there self conceit.

As far as i can find out their is only one sikh organisation in mexico not even sure if it is a Gurdwara or a kundalini yoga group so are they responsible for SGGS ji being taken to beach resorts etc and if so are they just making money and if not how is SGGS ji being taken to these places and by whom.

http://blog.shandrophoto.com/tag/sikh-wedding-mexico/

http://www.sikhcentermexico.org/

Guest mecsingh

There is no beadbi as far as I know.

There are a few more sikhs than you imagine,......and NO, they are not yoga centres with maharaj saroop.

That link is all you find ??

You not getting any true picture are you ?

The outside sikhs in other countries always have a chip on their shoulder about neighboring sikhs. Bet where you from there is enough other direct beadbi going on starting with the very peaceful/mindful committees and internal politics ?

Just carry on making further divisions like the rest of the them........

Guest dass of dass

There are a few more sikhs than you imagine,......and NO, they are not yoga centres with maharaj saroop.

The outside sikhs in other countries always have a chip on their shoulder about neighboring sikhs. Bet where you from there is enough other direct beadbi going on starting with the very peaceful/mindful committees and internal politics ?

please provide a true picture as you say quote " you are not getting the true picture are you" this is a site for open friendly debate.

I am not causing divisions, but curious and just asking genuine questions if there is more information then please provide, i am not saying there is any beadbi, there may well be beadbi's in committees etc and you will find many post on this site debating about such issues.

Why do you feel that i am causing divisions by asking questions or debating on the contrary we need more peaceful dialogue and debate to understand.

A lot of the problems within our community are a direct result of people not asking questions.

I get the impression you maybe slightly upset with this post why ?

I assume mecsingh is from mexico or other south americas maybe.

I also understand how some of them may feel like they are picked on by the masses. But it was a sincere question regarding the facts about sri Guru Granth sahib bir in the pagoda.

I am aware about the Akal takht decision mentioned above by samosasingh, but I know this was to target the venues where a hotel ballroom/hall, community hall, function room....etc.. would be hired and BOTH anand karaj and reception would take place in the same place !

On the same grounds we would have Guruji saroop in the morning and then tables and chairs with both liquor and meat being served in the afternoon.buil

With these resort/holiday vacations in exotic locations there is probably a little gray area that is being exploited, as in above wedding.

I attended a similar wedding some time ago but it was not a sikh wedding...-it was a hindu ceremony, followed by a catholic one later, as the couple were from these backgrounds.

I found that these hotel venues have all the preps for different kinds of weddings and they cater for everything that may be needed.

They have this outdoor Pagoda/Gazebo style ceremony area that is just reserved for ceremonies of different faiths.

I don't think that any liquor/meat is ever served in that place because there are other licensed areas in the vicinity for those purposes.

..BUT...this doesn't stop anyone walking in with a glass of liquor in one hand and something else in the other..Because when the reception is in full swing in some other bar area, then anyone is free to roam the grounds as they wish !

So strictly speaking, this same gazebo place is not kept sacred or reserved in that sense, and like I say..it's a bit of a gray area as the intentions are a little different to what akal takht edict was directed at.

Bottom line should be that anand karaj should be in Gurdwara only which means that couples wish to marry in some exotic location may not happen if no gurdwara is there.

Samsosingh ji has rightfully mentioned the fact about our sole granthi businessmen, who keep a Sri guru granth sahib ji bir at home and privately offer their services to travel with it as if they are providing a 'locum granthi service'.

Until this situation does not get resolved, then these corrupt manmukhs will keep Guruji saroop like a business commodity based on supply and demand.

It still goes on in most countries but is kept a little hush hush.

I remember a few years ago in UK, there was some business man who wanted his anand karaj in a private location by some caves/scenic park near the cliffs around in Dover somewhere.... and he did make it happen because i came across the two very granthis in northern ireland where they conducted another wedding that i attended. - there was no beadbi or issue here but it was because although a gurdwara was available, they had no granthis at the time available to conduct the anand karaj.