Khushwant Singh Passed Away

Human beings are born, everything else is tagged onto us once we earn it. I wasn't born with an MBA degree, I worked hard for it. Same way, one has to LIVE the Sikhi life to be called a Sikh. Its not a tag that can be stuck on anyone at birth, no matter how much they enjoy getting tagged with it and not deserve any of it.

You might want to start another thread on this.

nice thought but i had some other sense with my post anyways.. :biggrin2:

ਵਾਿਹਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖਾਲਸਾਵਾਿਹਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫਤਹ॥

This nindak said, "I have told the GOI that there are only 300 terroists in the Darbar Sahib. Take the army and blow them out!" And yet he gave up his trash award as a show.

Even Sant Jee denounced him in his speeches. Yet people will go on praising him cause although they all believe Sant Jee is Braham Giani they don't care what he says. Cause when Gursikhs denounce a nindak for doing Nindya of a Mahapurakh, they are wrong. But when people praise a Sant Ka Nindak, they are justified.

First of all khuswant singh was staunchly against golden temple raid by GOI so much so he returned his award to india in protest against operation blue star opreation, and in BBC documentary, his clearly said- bhindranwale fought back like a tiger.

Our opinion against people is unbelievable, its so static and rigid and extremely opinionated and does not go hand in hand with opnion changes in different stages in life as everyone see things different and perceive things according to their state..no one seems to care about if he has changed his opinion at his death bed or later stage in his life..we seem to hell bent on bunch of statements one has made in earlier stage in their life and captalize on it and judge one/one's whole 99 years of life based on statements without looking at the possibility of various factors-media negative coverage influence, different stage in life, opinion changes as one grows or matures.

We have absolutely no concept of reconciliation or redemption but sikhi does..sikhi beleive one life is spiritual evolution - everyone makes mistakes - Bhullan andhar sabh ko, Abhul Guru Kartar....everyone is capable to grow from mistakes and has right to redeem themselves regardless after paying for actions (good or bad)..hell raja janak emptied the whole hell of sinners as he felt dya towards sinners..everyone is able to reedeem..who are we to judge fully?.... Dharam raja probably thinks of quitting his job as there are many humans who scrambling to act as dharam raja.

Khushwant Singh was a typical what is called in Punjabi as Kanjar. A Kanjar is someone who has no conscience, will change his opinion to suit the occasion and turn up at event solely to drink and eat. He is a chumcha and he doesn't care who knows it and is content to be a chumcha all his life.

The only notable thing that we can say about the 20th of March 2014 is that a Kanjar died on that day.

I love.your.above post neo Singh but certain individuals should be banned from being read by the sangat by gullible individuals. eg imagine of someone reads his intro to Sikhism book and then bases his thought of Sikhism on that book. and then decides to cut their hair and go away from Sikhism.. I understand sarbat the bala and wouldnt hurt a fly but if you need to dig a hole and there are insects there you just pray that you don't kill any but continue to destroy their living space and if your planting a new plant and in order to plant that plant you need to dig out the old plant and weeds so be it. Now back to the topic can it be the benifit of society if we celebrate his death via sarbat the bala... somewhat yes ... and we shouldnt be afraid of bashing such individuals as long.as.we don't do nindya untruthful things. He himself has done.a lot of nindya. Nah mean? do you think I am rightish? bhul chuk maaf.

Also please note I suggest that all sangat and especially guillabe individuals don't read books by non gurmuck thinking individuals on Sikhi related topics especially books by British because a lot on untruth in them. They the add these random "facts" in them which hold untrue but the reader assumes them to.be true .

Sarbat Da Bhalla is not such a simple concept to grasp as it is being made out to be. Sarbat Da Bhalla in Indira Gandhi's case was to take her out. This is Sarbat Da Bhalla because for one it happened in Hukam. Everything happens in Hukam so it is Sarbat Da Bhalla. Vaheguru never thinks bad for anyone. Then again this term is not understood because the people using it will cheer on their sports team, hoping and waiting for the other team to lose.

Sarbat Da Bhalla is on a temporal level still in Hukam will look for the "greater good" (can't find a term to define it, so just call it greater good). Take Indira Gandhi. She showed her true colors and the world knew she was on a rampage to wipe out Sikhs. Beant Singh and Satwant Singh did the greater good for her and rest of the world. They took her out. If she continued to live, she would have continued to kill and cause destruction. Many attempts were made for her to understand and talk the issue out before the attack of 1984. She refuse to have a peaceful deal. Much more destruction would have continued to happen if she lived.

Khushwant Singh is no saint or should ever deserve praise from Sikhs. For Kushwant Singh to call for the attack of Sri Darbar Sahib and blow it up shows how less he cared for religious places and human life. I cannot even imagine saying to anyone to attack a Hindu Mandir or Muslim Mosque no matter what these two groups did to us in the past centuries or will do. He was a selfish man looking for his own glory even at the cost of others lives.

You cannot force a person to become a Saint or try to follow moral and ethical ways of life. In this case Sarbat Da Bhalla did take place as Khushwant Singh refuse to change his ways. So there is no other way other than the sound of the Dharamraj hammer hitting the head.

First of all veer ji, its not fair at all to compare khuswant singh with IG. -

Neo Ji - you said anyone who celebrates the death of another being need to learn how to be human first. Although arguable from a physiological point of view IG was a human being.

Since when does a non amritdhari person, drinker who distanced himself from Sikhs, wrote some well iffy books become 'Khushwant Singh Ji'? Seriously Singh, I think you are on a different more advanced plain than me if you believe Sarbat Dha Bhalla extends to nindaks of a Mahapurash. Agree once should not be stained for previous misdeeds but did he ever apologise or take back his words, right his wrongs by hurting Sikh sentiments? The article I quoted was from 2003, 19 years after the attack.

I think it was a different Khushwant Singh whom Sant Ji mentioned in his speech. Surely, there were many traitors and we can't expect there to be only one Khushwant. Ranbir Singh Sandhu states in his book that it is not the same Khushwant. Has anybody ever verified the veracity of this information?

As far as I know he was against Sant ji but never advocated the attack.