Many People Unawarely Eating Animal Products

Singh97

WJKK WJKF

The gurdware and sadh sangat should just stick to simple food like dhal dhai, and roti. Simple as, it's only due to us, that we feel the need to have "pizza" for langar and "cookies". How ridiculous!

I think the meat issue has actually taken over the principal of eat what you can, not on the basis of the craving of your tongue as to crave for chicken and to crave for a parauntha is the same emotion.

Diary itself is an extremely cruel practice.....

but you guys here acting like brahmins (whose faith is violated by inadvertently ingesting meat)....without rationaly and or/compassionately thinking

WJKK WJKF

Well said, it's like the prime goal of everyone at present is to become vegetarian.

IMO if the Guru's were here on the Earth plane, with It being a time where more non-Meat foods are so readily available, they would be Vegans. Not just Vegetarian's but Vegan. Foods get shipped now, there are many foods people haven't even heard of, there are Vegan alternatives let alone Vegetarian, also many Vegetarian only restaurants.

Don't know how anyone can eat Meat today. Not just ''Sikhs''.

IMO if the Guru's were here on the Earth plane, with It being a time where more non-Meat foods are so readily available, they would be Vegans. Not just Vegetarian's but Vegan. Foods get shipped now, there are many foods people haven't even heard of, there are Vegan alternatives let alone Vegetarian, also many Vegetarian only restaurants.

Don't know how anyone can eat Meat today. Not just ''Sikhs''.

WJKK WJKF

Dear brother,

The guru sahib are on the earth with in the form of guru Granth and guru panth. The khalsa, guru nanak patshahs faujh is made up of sant Siphai, a soldier protects against injustice of any kind, which also means taking up arms as the last resort. That means, the art of weaponry must be practised by the khalsa. The khalsa is made up of two components, Bhagti and Shakti, they are both 50% making a 100% sant Siphai. It is a credit to us as sikhs that many of us have now progressed our Bhagti as is evident on this website as there are many learned sikhs, however how many of us know how to use a gun, a bow and arrow, a sword or a spear? Do we know at what force a sword should be struck for the purpose of decapatation? I live in a rural area of the uk. I am proud to say that I can jhatkaa a animal and use every part of it's carcass. This knowledge has been passed down from my grandfather to all our families as the use of a sword in defense can arise when you never expected, like how my grandparents had to defend themselves in 1947, Lahore and Sialkot. It is a good knowledge base if ever needed.

I have felt the emotion of when death approaches an animal by a sword, this builds the understanding of what death is at your own hands. It demonstrates the emotion to what one has to endure in battle.

Many people do not agree with my opinion, however I am ready to protect anyone if the time comes. The animal which are jhatkaad are treated with the upmost compassion, as are all the other animals which are not.

WJKK WJKF

WJKK WJKF

Dear brother,

The guru sahib are on the earth with in the form of guru Granth and guru panth. The khalsa, guru nanak patshahs faujh is made up of sant Siphai, a soldier protects against injustice of any kind, which also means taking up arms as the last resort. That means, the art of weaponry must be practised by the khalsa. The khalsa is made up of two components, Bhagti and Shakti, they are both 50% making a 100% sant Siphai. It is a credit to us as sikhs that many of us have now progressed our Bhagti as is evident on this website as there are many learned sikhs, however how many of us know how to use a gun, a bow and arrow, a sword or a spear? Do we know at what force a sword should be struck for the purpose of decapatation? I live in a rural area of the uk. I am proud to say that I can jhatkaa a animal and use every part of it's carcass. This knowledge has been passed down from my grandfather to all our families as the use of a sword in defense can arise when you never expected, like how my grandparents had to defend themselves in 1947, Lahore and Sialkot. It is a good knowledge base if ever needed.

I have felt the emotion of when death approaches an animal by a sword, this builds the understanding of what death is at your own hands. It demonstrates the emotion to what one has to endure in battle.

Many people do not agree with my opinion, however I am ready to protect anyone if the time comes. The animal which are jhatkaad are treated with the upmost compassion, as are all the other animals which are not.

WJKK WJKF

You are safely hiding out in a rural area in UK and performing jhakta waiting for some opportunity to spring into action when time is right for what???

To me Sikhi is about one conscious, things only appear separate which is part of the illusion (read some quantum physics) By killing something you are essentially killing a part of yourself or GOD. There are times when killing a few save millions which is shown by the Gurus. It's about free will of all beings. Don't play GOD by destroying life if you can't create, byrevoking someone's free will volunteerly, you just collect karmas.

You are safely hiding out in a rural area in UK and performing jhakta waiting for some opportunity to spring into action when time is right for what???

To me Sikhi is about one conscious, things only appear separate which is part of the illusion (read some quantum physics) By killing something you are essentially killing a part of yourself or GOD. There are times when killing a few save millions which is shown by the Gurus. It's about free will of all beings. Don't play GOD by destroying life if you can't create, byrevoking someone's free will volunteerly, you just collect karmas.

WJKK WJKF

I am not hiding in a forest hiding waiting for something to happen lol, however I feel I have the duty to prepare myself if anything should, as should all sikhs as per hukam of Shiri guru gobind Singh, male and female alike as khalsa is non discriminative. A soldier of any army, has to have some form of emotional and physical training. Also weapon training. How do you suppose one is granted the term soldier? Speak to any army official and ask them about the training one has to undertake.

As you rightly stated, the guru sahib and Singh/Kaur sahib did take others life's in battle. But it's a loss of life, irrelevant on whatever side, as bhai khanaiya ji understood. By the very act of killing in battle is as you stated, killing apart of yourself or waheguru whether it's one life or a thousand, or one life to save a thousand, one still has to be killed.

My point is waheguru is within all matter, the earth is a living being which waheguru is the god partical as is the whole universe. The jhatkaa of an animal means the soul of tht being moves on, as does the soul of vegetation and as of a human being, however killing any of the four groups which can take birth, never ever can result in the killing of waheguru, as waheguru is unborn and cannot be destroyed.

As the human race we play waheguru in many aspects of our life, from pesticides on our crops to medication tested on animals to the decision of war result in innocent life's being killed. However waheguru cannot be performed by us, as we are simply a performance for waheguru.

WJKK WJKF

If you are so aware of nothing dies or things are immortal would you jhakta you're own family. As guru Nanak dais "je Sakta skate to mare at man ros an Hoi If you are such a sikh may be try to fight a lion or tiger by bare hands. Stop justifying your oppression on innocent animals like Muslims and Jews like halal and kosher killing.

If you are so aware of nothing dies or things are immortal would you jhakta you're own family. As guru Nanak dais "je Sakta skate to mare at man ros an Hoi If you are such a sikh may be try to fight a lion or tiger by bare hands. Stop justifying your oppression on innocent animals like Muslims and Jews like halal and kosher killing.

WJKK WJKF

I am nothing or nobody, I have little knowledge and im on this site to advance my knowledge through conversation via brothers and sisters as yourself. This is not an issue of just the consumption meat as sikhsangat.com had a outright no on the issue. It is more the use of animals if one has not done the killing, how does then that become justified?

To fight a Lion or tiger with my bare hands proves no point and is kind of irrelevant, also I would most probably be killed and eaten lol and as I still battle with the five vices, end up in the cycle of reincarnation.

Also, I am not a Muslim or Jew, I am not sacrificing a animal to waheguru which serves no point, I am performing jhatkaa to a) consume its flesh b) practice by weaponry c) understand and deal with the emotion d) use it's carcass. Sacrificing the life if an animal and killing an animal to eat are two very different things.

If vegetarianism goes so far for karmic action and print, also for the welfare of another soul, then we should question our use on animal by products like leather, make-up and the skin on our tabla in the gurdwara, also medication tested on innocent animals. The SGPC rehat maryada should also be amended by the Akal takhat, as this maryada is the most utilised. I know the other issues surrounding the other rehatmaryade being Puratan or whatever in any case, this is the most widely used rehat maryada.

Again, I stress my point that a soldier needs to know how to use weaponry in a just manner and then deal with the emotion of having to kill, whether it be an animal for food and it's carcass, an animal out of compassion if it is injured or even a fellow human being. We "put down" many animals in the uk out of compassion. Should we not just then allow the cycle of life to play out its course?

If you would like to continue conversing views with me personally, please send me a message via my profile as I do not want to continue discussing this here, as we have taken the thread to another angle of meat, which we can both do a search and get many other opinions as adviced always by the Sewa moderators on this site.

So sorry everyone for taken the post elsewhere, especially to the original post maker.

Thanks

WJKK WJKF