Amrit Vela Advice

Guest water

Guest water

Sangat ji, please help me.

Months ago I committed a transgression, which I plan to go pesh for. I made a mistake, though I was going through a really bad time, and am just about coming out of it now. However, I don't feel ready to go pesh until I get my jeevan strong enough - because afterwards, I don't want to be slipping up a lot.

Since, I just can't get up for Amrit Vela. I always put my alarm on, sometimes I put it across the room- but I always turn it off and go back to sleep without a second thought. The desire to get up may be there the night before, I may feel the desire to jap naam and really feel like I just want to get things started again and turn this around- but when the morning comes, I put sleep first, most of the time without thinking anything of it.

So, when I wake up I listen to my nitnem while doing other tasks.

I can't get anywhere without Amrit Vela. I've tried to do things in the day in the hopes of turning things around, Sukhmani Sahib paaths, Mool Mantar, but then in the morning I end up staying in bed and it all goes down again.

Please could somebody give me some advice?

Dear _water_

Let me tell you one thing, our relation is with Him, isn´t it? Whatever we do, we do to strenghten that bond of love and devotion with Him.

But where is He? Is not He, within us?

You see, the concepts of time and space that we have, exist in our realms only.

He is Akal, means beyond the parameters of time and space. So let us get above and out from our limitations, which we have created.

Any time we want to love and adore Him, is the correct time. There are no special times.

Maybe in the man made, temples, churches, gurdwaras, monasteries, synagogues, mosques...there are timings of opening or closing, but, there where He really is, which is within us, there are no such timings, He is available to us all the 24 hours, knowing our limitations, He has kept Himself within us .... we just need the sincere desire to love Him...that is all that is required from us.

He is so gracious and so merciful....

So brother, do not get disheartened, just approcah Him, whatever time is suitable to you. Of course, for those who have walked a bit on spirituality and are a bit advanced, early hours are suitable, because there are no telephone calls, no door bells, no traffic noises, there are no worries of studies, nor work ....because silence is required for that good concentration and dhyan.

Otherwise one can adjust and should adjust to each one´s envoirements and particular conditions...there are no hard and fast rules in devotion.

As said before, only sincere desire is required to love Him with all our heart and mind....that is it,bro.

May God bless you.

P.S: The true Amrit is within us, so anytime we go within ourselves to have it, that is Amrit Vela for us .... Such is His Glory, His mahanta...

Outer amrit vela is empty as per contents in spirituality ...so try to make your own Amrit Vela by going within, adjusting according to the suitable timings for your own comfort, and have it there as many times you want, and as much you want, nobody can stop you, as our Father Akal Purukh, is there with us.

Dear _water_

Let me tell you one thing, our relation is with Him, isn´t it? Whatever we do, we do to strenghten that bond of love and devotion with Him.

But where is He? Is not He, within us?

You see, the concepts of time and space that we have, exist in our realms only.

He is Akal, means beyond the parameters of time and space. So let us get above and out from our limitations, which we have created.

Any time we want to love and adore Him, is the correct time. There are no special times.

Maybe in the man made, temples, churches, gurdwaras, monasteries, synagogues, mosques...there are timings of opening or closing, but, there where He really is, which is within us, there are no such timings, He is available to us all the 24 hours, knowing our limitations, He has kept Himself within us .... we just need the sincere desire to love Him...that is all that is required from us.

He is so gracious and so merciful....

So brother, do not get disheartened, just approcah Him, whatever time is suitable to you. Of course, for those who have walked a bit on spirituality and are a bit advanced, early hours are suitable, because there are no telephone calls, no door bells, no traffic noises, there are no worries of studies, nor work ....because silence is required for that good concentartion and dhyan.

Otherwise one can adjust and should adjust to each one´s envoirements and particular conditions...there are no hard and fast rules in devotion.

As said before, only sincere desire is required to love Him with all our heart and mind....that is it,bro.

May God bless you.

P.S: The true Amrit is within us, so anytime we go within ourselves to have it, that is Amrit Vela for us .... Such is His Glory, His mahanta...

Outer amrit vela is empty as per contents in spirituality ...so try to make your own Amrit Vela by going within, adjusting according to the suitable timings for your own comfort, and have it there as many times you want, and as much you want, nobody can stop you, as our Father Akal Purukh, is there with us.

do u think guru nanak sahib wrote about amritvela in sri japji sahib without any reason?

Guest randomkid

Don't go sleep the night before, as I kid I used to stay awake un till 12 then do my nitnem and then just go sleep. Slowly you will develop the love and then it will become second nature.g

do u think guru nanak sahib wrote about amritvela in sri japji sahib without any reason?

ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਵੇਲਾ ਸਚੁ ਨਾਉ ਵਡਿਆਈ ਵੀਚਾਰੁ

Anmrith Vaelaa Sach Naao Vaddiaaee Veechaar

अम्रित वेला सचु नाउ वडिआई वीचारु

In the Amrit Vaylaa, chant the True Name, and contemplate His Glorious Greatness.

JapJi Sahib, Guru Nanak Dev

Dear jasdeepsingh2k125,

If I am not wrong, I think you are refering to the above lines from Japji Sahib.

First of all relax, and do not get annoyed, nor do fear, that I am saying anything against Gurmat, because I do try to follow it, and I think you do the same.

Because if one is with an upset mind, then no matter how so clear the things maybe, one will simply not grasp them.

Let us see, what are the words Amrit Vela.

Amrit we all know what it is, Saints and Guru Sahibans in their Bani, refer to the Shabad Dhun reveberating within us at all times. So when the soul listens it, it gets such a taste from it, that it gets in the state of bliss, and this Shabad Dhun, is what washes away all our sins, thus frees us from the mayavee perishable creation, in one word cleanses us, makes us pure, paviter, to be worthy to merge in the formless Wahiguru Akal Purukh, and become one with it.

Baba Nanak, refering to this Amrit, or Amrit Bani also, says in the very Japji Sahib: Suniye, paap dukh ka naas. Means listen to this divine melody, Akashi Bani, and all your sins and sorrows shall thus be erased, or come to an end forever.

So listening to this Shabad Dhun, Bani, is as same as drinking that Amrit Bani, and this is done by the soul. As soul has no body nor mouth, it can drink it literally; but the soul has two faculties, the faculty to see and the faculty to hear, and both these faculties are used by the soul , to see the divine Jot of Wahiguru, and listen to that Shabad Dhun, which is also the form of Wahiguru.

These faculties of the soul, of seeing without eyes and hearing without ears, is what Second Patsahee refers to, when He says: Akhaa bajoh vekhna, bin kana sun na, paira bajoh chalna, bin hatha karna ....

We have just seen above what Amrit means, so now let us see, what does Vela means.

Vela means time, means hour...so Amrit Vela means, the time we dedicate ourselves in the spiritual practice of concentration and dhyan, to recollect our soul consciousness from the outer world, and enter within to taste that Amrit ban iwhich is flowing non stop all the 24 hours, irrespective of class, caste, creed or community...

Let us be a bit broader minded. Let us not be so rigid, that we do not understand the Bani in the true sense, to actually where our Guru Sahibans are pointing us, to look at.

If there was a particular time, why would the Bani say: Nanak, Amrit Nam, maha ras meetha, an din anter, man tan peeva.

This means, O Nank, the Nam is utter sweet, I drink its Nectar day and night within my body and mind.

Nam or Shabad, is for conquering the mind, vices, kal, karmas... and the thing is we have collected so much dirt since we have stepped into the creation....that no amount of bhakti can clean us. It is His utter grace, His daya meher, His drishtee, by which we get purified and merge in Him.

And Wahiguru knows our pitiful situation, how moorakhs and manmukhs we are .... and so, in order to make things easy for us, He has kept Himself within us, so that we do ot need to go anywhere, nor spend money, but get Him freely at the time we want, or the time suitable to us. What else do we want? He is so dayalu.

I agree we have heard since childhood and have read in the translations, that Amrit Vela is the dawn hours...this again is human manipultaion. More over, from a higher point of view, everything that Wahiguru has made is good, there is no such thing as auspicious, or bad times, any time we take His Name and do His bandagee, is even a better time... andevery time we forget Him is a sin, is a bad time.

Going back to your interpreatation of Amrit Vela, does not the Japji Sahib say also:

ਕਵਣੁ ਸੁ ਵੇਲਾ ਵਖਤੁ ਕਵਣੁ ਕਵਣ ਥਿਤਿ ਕਵਣੁ ਵਾਰੁ

Kavan S Vaelaa Vakhath Kavan Kavan Thhith Kavan Vaar

कवणु सु वेला वखतु कवणु कवण थिति कवणु वारु

What was that time, and what was that moment? What was that day, and what was that date?

ਕਵਣਿ ਸਿ ਰੁਤੀ ਮਾਹੁ ਕਵਣੁ ਜਿਤੁ ਹੋਆ ਆਕਾਰੁ

Kavan S Ruthee Maahu Kavan Jith Hoaa Aakaar

कवणि सि रुती माहु कवणु जितु होआ आकारु

What was that season, and what was that month, when the Universe was created?

ਵੇਲ ਨ ਪਾਈਆ ਪੰਡਤੀ ਜਿ ਹੋਵੈ ਲੇਖੁ ਪੁਰਾਣੁ

Vael N Paaeeaa Panddathee J Hovai Laekh Puraan

वेल न पाईआ पंडती जि होवै लेखु पुराणु

The Pandits, the religious scholars, cannot find that time, even if it is written in the Puraanas.

ਵਖਤੁ ਨ ਪਾਇਓ ਕਾਦੀਆ ਜਿ ਲਿਖਨਿ ਲੇਖੁ ਕੁਰਾਣੁ

Vakhath N Paaeiou Kaadheeaa J Likhan Laekh Kuraan

वखतु न पाइओ कादीआ जि लिखनि लेखु कुराणु

That time is not known to the Qazis, who study the Koran.

ਥਿਤਿ ਵਾਰੁ ਨਾ ਜੋਗੀ ਜਾਣੈ ਰੁਤਿ ਮਾਹੁ ਨਾ ਕੋਈ

Thhith Vaar Naa Jogee Jaanai Ruth Maahu Naa Koee

थिति वारु ना जोगी जाणै रुति माहु ना कोई

The day and the date are not known to the Yogis, nor is the month or the season.

From these above lines , Guru Nanak clearly says that there is no such time for Wahiguru as per our perceptions. He is limitless, He is infinite, He is above time, that is why He is Akal Purukh.

So if He is free, and above time, why would He limit us within time? It makes no sense. He wants to make us like Him, free, limitless and above time...

We are so weak, that we only have excuses...when He is within us, for us only, all the 24 hours without any restrictions.

Does the child has specific timings to love his parents?

No.

Then why do we want to restrict Him, to a paricular time to be loved, when we can love him all the 24 hours, by His Simran, by His dhyan, if not all the 24 hours due to our interaction with the world, at least we should take the most profit of the time available and suitable to us.

Wahiguru Jee.

Amrit vela is the ambrosial hours of the morning. The most effective time for naam simran is known and Felt by many bhagats. 12:30/1am and 2.5 hrs after is the most effective time. Each hour after that is less and less effective.

U apply the gyan u learn in your meditation during the day, stay grounded in the Truth all day. This is a khel, tge reality is Nothing- time and space are hut illusions. But in this khel, we are able to learn a