wedding/engagement ring

Jassika

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW I cannot beleive what I am seeing, you guys have to realise that Guru ji's teachings about socially acceptable acts were to reflect the society of that day and era. We dont live in the same society as the 16th century, this does not mean HURRAY LETS GO MARRY OUR CARS, but this does mean for some give and take. Guru Nanak Dev ji did state to progress with humanity didnt he? The phrase: When in Rome, do as Romans do. comes to mind.

A ring changes nothing spiritually, if you truly beleive in God, let no other person decide your own wishes. You want a ring get a ring, you dont want a ring dont get a ring. Sikhi is all about choice from what I was told.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

veer je, thers a thing called hukam, which a real sikhs doesnt care for the reason, they just do it

and ive posted bani and reightnama

and someone also posted enough bani thuks

thas wat its all about

reight

reight pyarae mujh ko

sikh pyara nahee

reight bina na sikh jahavae

reight bina dar choota khavae

bhula chuka maf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

i never knew u beat the avasatha of god avtaar guru je himself, and the first panj pyara ever, bhai dya singh je

hmm

man, ure amazing

u know more than our own guru je!

is hud just come and learn from u, as it seems bani is wrong

bhula chuka maf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Guest noonespecial

Veerji,

Please don't put me on par or above Dhan Dhan Guru Granth Sahib Jee. To do so is beadbi of Guru Sahib. There are better ways of making a point.

I'm just finding that alot of the youth out there (including myself) have such a lovely time getting involved with the minute details of Sikhi but none of us have the courage or love to get involved with ACTUAL Sikhi. Sure, I could sit here and debate you about wearing a wedding ring or not but what's the point? Somehow I think Guru Sahib cares more about the bigger picture.

So I'll take down my post since it doesn't agree with your views.

maaf karna

Waheguru Jee Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Jee Kee Fateh!

I am more then positive Waheguru will not hold some sort of grudge against you simply because you wear a ring, God cant be like that. If your mind is pure, that will be recognized.

I wear my ring, I wear my kharra, I have gone to great lengths just to make sure I have the respect of my parents and to keep their heads high. I only see my parents as my true Gurus right now, wearing a ring has no impact on their love for me; I am quite positive Waheguru's not going to overlook me either.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

were always the one saying god dont care about this little stuff

who gave u aurothity to declare it little

y did guru je say it for fun

who gave anyone authority to decide that they can overwrite guru je??

i mean telll me this

did guru je write it for fun or something

bhula chuka maf

Vaheguru je ka khalsa, Vaheguru je ke fateh!!

Ofcourse not, but I think the way it was said to mean about the way you wear your jewellery, out of pride perhaps? I mean if its out of pride to show off to other people HEY LOOK AT THE SIZE OF MY ROCK I can say thats wrong.

If it symbolises something to you then there is no problem with it, theres nothing that says you cant have a reminder of your own personal life is there? Correct me if Im wrong.