Sharaab & Meat on Gurdwara Premises...

Son of Scthia

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

I do not mean to codone the eating of meat... but akjforever, you seem to be more well aquanted with Sikh history than I. I found one reference for Guru sahib ordering animals to be killed to eat, can you please clairfy?

http://www.sikh-history.com/sikhhist/warri...iors/banda.html

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you guys even know the difference between us hunting and the shikar that Guru ji (Guru Hargobind ji) went on?

Firstly Guru ji werent ordinary humans. They had the power to break people out of the cycle of rebirths.

Near enough a lot of sakhis that i have read in which Guru ji went to Shikar, they relieved the animals of rebirths or help the villagers get rid of animals that were harming their livlyhood.

Hey could you explain something then? So what were the Sikhs eating in the jungles through out 15th-17th century? I'm quite sure they were living in jungle/forrest terrain since it was isolated, women and children would of had a less chance of being harmed etc. etc.

So were they farming wheat and barley? If so, wheres the proof of this agriculture? No. They werent because they were hunting. We cant hunt in this day and age the same way, and these animals getting killed in slaughter houses are not getting sacrificed or getting slowly killed. It's a quick fast slice and dice, I see no harm in this. Those animals are bred for the sole purpose of consumption, not to be raised on a farm.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

I do not mean to codone the eating of meat... but akjforever, you seem to be more well aquanted with Sikh history than I. I found one reference for Guru sahib ordering animals to be killed to eat, can you please clairfy?

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

For starters, sikh-history.com is not a good site, I have been on their forums, and well, there are better sites, lets just leave it at that, I would avoid that site.

Don't look to Sikh history for clues about this topic, look to Guru Sahib and then inside yourself, you will find the answer.

Anyone who says that the Gurus ate meat, has no proof to justify it. You can make up a story, but there is no credible proof. Also Meat is not allowed in any place where there is parkhash of Guru Granth Sahib Ji because meat & alcohol are not allowed in the presence of Guru Sahib.

Eating meat does not contribute to your spir

tiuality, it actually takes away, because you are taking a life to satisfy your tounge.

No Sikh Saint ever ate meat.

Do the math, eating meat prevents you from being a Sikh.

Bul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Hey could you explain something then? So what were the Sikhs eating in the jungles through out 15th-17th century? I'm quite sure they were living in jungle/forrest terrain since it was isolated, women and children would of had a less chance of being harmed etc. etc.

So were they farming wheat and barley? If so, wheres the proof of this agriculture? No. They werent because they were hunting. We cant hunt in this day and age the same way, and these animals getting killed in slaughter houses are not getting sacrificed or getting slowly killed. It's a quick fast slice and dice, I see no harm in this. Those animals are bred for the sole purpose of consumption, not to be raised on a farm.

When you have Guru Sahib with you, there is nothing that you have to worry about.

sireeraag mehalaa 5 ||

Siree Raag, Fifth Mehl:

isrIrwgu mhlw 5 ]

sireeraag mehalaa 5 ||

Siree Raag, Fifth Mehl:

sBy glw ivsrnu ieko ivsir n jwau ]

sabhae galaa visaran eiko visar n jaao ||

Let me forget everything, but let me not forget the One Lord.

DMDw sBu jlwie kY guir nwmu dIAw scu suAwau ]

dhha(n)dhhaa sabh jalaae kai gur naam dheeaa sach suaao ||

All my evil pursuits have been burnt a

way; the Guru has blessed me with the Naam, the true object of life.

Awsw sBy lwih kY iekw Aws kmwau ]

aasaa sabhae laahi kai eikaa aas kamaao ||

Give up all other hopes, and rely on the One Hope.

ijnI siqguru syivAw iqn AgY imilAw Qwau ]1]

jinee sathigur saeviaa thin agai miliaa thhaao ||1||

Those who serve the True Guru receive a place in the world hereafter. ||1||

mn myry krqy no swlwih ]

man maerae karathae no saalaahi ||

O my mind, praise the Creator.

sBy Cif isAwxpw gur kI pYrI pwih ]1] rhwau ]

sabhae shhadd siaanapaa gur kee pairee paahi ||1|| rehaao ||

Give up all your clever tricks, and fall at the Feet of the Guru. ||1||Pause||

duK BuK nh ivAwpeI jy suKdwqw min hoie ]

dhukh bhukh neh viaapee jae sukhadhaathaa man hoe ||

Pain and hunger shall not oppress you, if the Giver of Peace comes into your mind.

ikq hI kMim n iCjIAY jw ihrdY scw soie ]

kith hee ka(n)m n shhijeeai jaa hiradhai sachaa soe ||

No undertaking shall fail, when the True Lord is always in your heart.

ijsu qUM rKih hQ dy iqsu mwir n skY koie ]

jis thoo(n) rakhehi hathh dhae this maar n sakai koe ||

No one can kill that one unto whom You, Lord, give Your Hand and protect.

suKdwqw guru syvIAY siB Avgx kFY Doie ]2]

sukhadhaathaa gur saeveeai sabh avagan kadtai dhhoe ||2||

Serve the Guru, the Giver of Peace; He shall remove and wash off all your faults. ||2||

syvw mMgY syvko lweIAW ApunI syv ]

saevaa ma(n)gai saevako laaeeaaa(n) apunee saev ||

Your servant begs to serv

e those who are enjoined to Your service.

swDU sMgu mskqy qUTY pwvw dyv ]

saadhhoo sa(n)g masakathae thoot(h)ai paavaa dhaev ||

The opportunity to work hard serving the Saadh Sangat is obtained, when the Divine Lord is pleased.

sBu ikCu vsgiq swihbY Awpy krx kryv ]

sabh kishh vasagath saahibai aapae karan karaev ||

Everything is in the Hands of our Lord and Master; He Himself is the Doer of deeds.

siqgur kY bilhwrxY mnsw sB pUryv ]3]

sathigur kai balihaaranai manasaa sabh pooraev ||3||

I am a sacrifice to the True Guru, who fulfills all hopes and desires. ||3||

ieko idsY sjxo ieko BweI mIqu ]

eiko dhisai sajano eiko bhaaee meeth ||

The One appears to be my Companion; the One is my Brother and Friend.

ieksY dI swmgrI ieksY dI hY rIiq ]

eikasai dhee saamagaree eikasai dhee hai reeth ||

The elements and the components are all made by the One; they are held in their order by the One.

ieks isau mnu mwinAw qw hoAw inhclu cIqu ]

eikas sio man maaniaa thaa hoaa nihachal cheeth ||

When the mind accepts, and is satisfied with the One, then the consciousness becomes steady and stable.

scu Kwxw scu pYnxw tyk nwnk scu kIqu ]4]5]75]

sach khaanaa sach painanaa ttaek naanak sach keeth ||4||5||75||

Then, one's food is the True Name, one's garments are the True Name, and one's Support, O Nanak, is the True Name. ||4||5||75||

Guru Nanak Dev ji did cook and consume meat at Kurkshetra, this event is documented through out history just as well as his travels towards the sands of Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq and Mecca. Do you suggest we disregard all this?

I am not here to convince anyone not to eat meat. Because I can't do that, I wish I could, but I can not. That is Waheguru's job. My point is if you are trying to follow the Sikhi way of life and trying to reach God, then eating meat is not a part of that.

Now, if you don't care about a spirtual path, then eat whatever you wish.

And any "documented historical whatevers" doesn't mean anything to me because there is no solid proof. Anyone can write anything or claim anything. Those who have reached God in Sikhi, did not eat meat, and it can be proven. So that is what I go by, not heresay.

Scthia Ji, after reading your posts on this forum for a few days now, it is clear that you go towards the superficial things, be it caste or whatever, not the spirtual side of Sikhi. Look to that side for your answers.

:nihungsmile:

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

I agree with alcohol being prohibited even though I am a social drinker

wow. get ure self schitia. drinking. bad bad bad. thats not no choti moti deal. it goes against every single rehit i can think of. taksal, sgpc, akj, tapoban, dodra, etc. and biggest of all it goes AGAINST the SHRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB JEE.. i dont have the power to stop u from drinking but just think about it man.

waheguroo bless us all

waheguroo jee ka khalsa

waheguroo ji ka khalsa

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

For starters, sikh-history.com is not a good site, I have been on their forums, and well, there are better sites, lets just leave it at that, I would avoid that site.

Don't look to Sikh history for clues about this topic, look to Guru Sahib and then inside yourself, you will find the answer.

Anyone who says that the Gurus ate meat, has no proof to justify it. You can make

up a story, but there is no credible proof. Also Meat is not allowed in any place where there is parkhash of Guru Granth Sahib Ji because meat & alcohol are not allowed in the presence of Guru Sahib.

Eating meat does not contribute to your spirtiuality, it actually takes away, because you are taking a life to satisfy your tounge.

No Sikh Saint ever ate meat.

Do the math, eating meat prevents you from being a Sikh.

Bul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Thank you!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!