Sharaab & Meat on Gurdwara Premises...

Son of Scthia

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

I do not mean to codone the eating of meat... but akjforever, you seem to be more well aquanted with Sikh history than I. I found one reference for Guru sahib ordering animals to be killed to eat, can you please clairfy?

http://www.sikh-history.com/sikhhist/warri...iors/banda.html

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

For starters, sikh-history.com is not a good site, I have been on their forums, and well, there are better sites, lets just leave it at that, I would avoid that site.

Don't look to Sikh history for clues about this topic, look to Guru Sahib and then inside yourself, you will find the answer.

Anyone who says that the Gurus ate meat, has no proof to justify it. You can make

up a story, but there is no credible proof. Also Meat is not allowed in any place where there is parkhash of Guru Granth Sahib Ji because meat & alcohol are not allowed in the presence of Guru Sahib.

Eating meat does not contribute to your spirtiuality, it actually takes away, because you are taking a life to satisfy your tounge.

No Sikh Saint ever ate meat.

Do the math, eating meat prevents you from being a Sikh.

Bul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Dear Mr AKJ

sikh-history.com is an excellent site run by Mr Sandeep Singh Bajwa...........

.........The moderators there are made up of gursikhs who are vegetarians and non-vegetarians.........

......one thing we all agree on is that eating or not eating meat will not make you a better Sikh especially if you have Kaam, Krodh, Moh, Lobh and Hankaar in your heart and mind.............

.........the reason why people like you do not like sikh-history.com is that you tried to debate that vegetarianism was an essential/central part of Sikhism..............you were defeated quite comprehensively and your arguments fell by the wayside..........

...being a vegetarian will not make you a better sikh..............

....being a meat eater will not make you a better sikh.........

....however being intoxicated out of your mind with nasha that clouds your judgement and lets the 5 vices rise to the surface will definitely make you a bad Sikh............

...........leave it at that and stop trying to prove things that never were or never occured...........

...........as for Sikhs Saints not eating meat........you are again wrong...........

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

I do not mean to codone the eating of meat... but akjforever, you seem to be more well aquanted with Sikh history than I. I found one reference for Guru sahib ordering animals to be killed to eat, can you please clairfy?

http://www.sikh-history.com/sikhhist/warri...iors/banda.html

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

For starters, sikh-history.com is not a good site, I have been on their forums, and well, there are better sites, lets just leave it at that, I wou

ld avoid that site.

Don't look to Sikh history for clues about this topic, look to Guru Sahib and then inside yourself, you will find the answer.

Anyone who says that the Gurus ate meat, has no proof to justify it. You can make up a story, but there is no credible proof. Also Meat is not allowed in any place where there is parkhash of Guru Granth Sahib Ji because meat & alcohol are not allowed in the presence of Guru Sahib.

Eating meat does not contribute to your spirtiuality, it actually takes away, because you are taking a life to satisfy your tounge.

No Sikh Saint ever ate meat.

Do the math, eating meat prevents you from being a Sikh.

Bul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Dear Mr AKJ

sikh-history.com is an excellent site run by Mr Sandeep Singh Bajwa...........

.........The moderators there are made up of gursikhs who are vegetarians and non-vegetarians.........

......one thing we all agree on is that eating or not eating meat will not make you a better Sikh especially if you have Kaam, Krodh, Moh, Lobh and Hankaar in your heart and mind.............

.........the reason why people like you do not like sikh-history.com is that you tried to debate that vegetarianism was an essential/central part of Sikhism..............you were defeated quite comprehensively and your arguments fell by the wayside..........

...being a vegetarian will not make you a better sikh..............

....being a meat eater will not make you a better sikh.........

....however being intoxicated out of your mind with nasha that clouds your judgement and lets the 5 vices rise to the surface will definitely make you a bad Sikh............

...........leave it at that and stop trying to prove things that never were or never occured...........

...........as for Sikhs Saints not eating meat

........you are again wrong...........

First of all let me state again that I am here not to change people's minds, I wish I could but I can not. As far sikh-history.com is concerned I used to be on that board and the arguments that I saw people getting themselves into on that board were in my opinion wastes of time, so it is my choice not to go to a website which doesn't help me on the path to Sikhi.

As far as meat eating goes, from my personal experiences and also studying the jeevans of Naami-GurSikhs, it is very clear that they did not eat meat. Your reasoning of "if you dont eat meat BUT you have such and such wrong with you", is futile. There are always "what -ifs". It is meat eaters trying to justify their reasoning. Because Sikhi does not say to eat meat, anywhere. So this circular logic of "what-ifs" is a way for meat eaters to justify their views. I don't buy it.

one thing we all agree on is that eating or not eating meat will not make you a better Sikh especially if you have Kaam, Krodh, Moh, Lobh and Hankaar in your heart and mind.............

I don't need to debate anything because the reason you debate something is to try to change someone's mind, which I have stated I can not, no one can. But I do know deep inside my being that it is wrong, I will like to pass that on to the sangat.

...........as for Sikhs Saints not eating meat........you are again wrong...........

Again "what-ifs" I don't care for. Because the path to Sikhi is path of improving one's life. Each person has a list of things that are wrong with them, and one by one, we try to fix these things and cross them off as we go along the path. Not eating meat is one of them.. When you get to a spirtual state, like some GurSikhs, you will refuse to eat meat because you are destroying HIS creation to satisfy your tongue, when you very well know that you can survive easily without eating of Maas.

You said that eating meat doesn't make you a better Sikh, I say, it doesn't help much either.

Also, I find it very difficult to have an image of Guru Gobind Singh Ji eating a leg of lamb with blood running down the sides of his mouth, I just don't see it. no.gif

Do you?

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

First of all let me state again that I am here not to change people's minds, I wish I could but I can not. As far sikh-history.com is concerned I used to be on that board and the arguments that I saw people getting themselves into on that board were in my opinion wastes of time, so it is my choice not to go to a website which doesn't help me on the path to Sikhi.

I take it you mean arguments about caste?.............well those fools have been kicked out...............they all live at jattworld now.................or munmookhworld as I call it.................Sin of Scythia (aka Sunny Sran is one of them)..............

As far as meat eating goes, from my personal experiences and also studying the jeevans of Naami-GurSikhs, it is very clear that they did not eat meat. Your reasoning of "if you dont eat meat BUT you have such and such wrong with you", is futile. There are always "what -ifs". It is meat eaters trying to justify their reasoning. Because Sikhi does not say to eat meat, anywhere. So this circular logic of "what-ifs" is a way for meat eaters to justify their views. I don't buy it.

The "what-if's" work both ways...........what if the vegetarian way of life is against God's will....................the fact is either way is acceptable.....................eating and not eating meat is NOTHING to do with Sikhism..............however intoxicants that cloud reasoning and judgement are forbidden....................these take you to kaam, krodh, moh , lobh and hankaar..............

.............an

d do not say meat does.............that is a nonsense that would be more in line with what a Hindu Pandit woulrd say.................

I have met many true Gursikhs who eat meat..............yet I have met others who claim to be Gursikhs and are vegetarian and are full of the 5 vices...................

I don't need to debate anything because the reason you debate something is to try to change someone's mind, which I have stated I can not, no one can. But I do know deep inside my being that it is wrong, I will like to pass that on to the sangat.

Brother................but brother by saying it is wrong for you does not make it wrong for another....................if you cannot live with the consequences of killing an animal then fine............I can respect that.........................BUT do not judge a man who sees no difference between plant life and animal life.............

Again "what-ifs" I don't care for. Because the path to Sikhi is path of improving one's life. Each person has a list of things that are wrong with them, and one by one, we try to fix these things and cross them off as we go along the path. Not eating meat is one of them.. When you get to a spirtual state, like some GurSikhs, you will refuse to eat meat because you are destroying HIS creation to satisfy your tongue, when you very well know that you can survive easily without eating of Maas.

You can survive without procreating.............and becoming a monk too.................there are many things you can survive without...........shall we become ascetics avoiding the world..............

........again the what-if's swing both ways my friend.............

You said that eating meat doesn't make you a better Sikh, I say, it doesn't help much either.

You are saying vegetarianism makes you a better Sikh..........I

say no............that does not help either my friend..........

Also, I find it very difficult to have an image of Guru Gobind Singh Ji eating a leg of lamb with blood running down the sides of his mouth, I just don't see it. no.gif

Do you?

Would you try and eat wheat raw..........or maybe eat a potatoe raw..............lets get more ridicoulous.............eat seaweed raw .................

.........why would Guruji want to eat lamb raw? It makes no sense................. :wub:

I am sure Guruji's sword were splattered many times with human blood of his foes.....................so I think there probably is an image after battle with Guruji and blood..............

.......................as for eating meat.................i don't think Guruji cared either way................

Lets agree to disagree on this.............I sense that you are a good Sikh..............and if vegetarianism keeps you on the straight and narrow then here's looking at you............ :e:

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Thanks for the post. Everyone is allowed to their opinion. The bottom line being, meat eating is wrong. Why is it wrong? When taking Amrit, the Panj Pyaray instruct you not to eat meat. Since the Panj Pyaray are an extension of Guru Sahib, then it is Guru's Bachan.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Thanks for the post. Everyone is allowed to their opinion. The bottom line being, meat eating is wrong. Why is it wrong? When taking Amrit, the Panj Pyaray instruct you not to eat meat. Since the Panj Pyaray are an extension of Guru Sahib, then it is Guru's Bachan.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Depends who giving you the Amrit..........if they are AKJ'rs then yes definitely..................if they are not say Nihung Singh's then there is no such requirement............ :e:

............and remember the bottom line is not meat eating is wrong...........the bottom line is that if you do not feel comfortable eating meat then do not........................if you do then it is Ok.................. :TH:

high5.gif