What Can Be Done To Inspire Sikh Youth To The Gurdwara

what can be done to inspire more Sikh youth to the gurdwara

what can be done to teach and inspire the next generation to learn sikhi

if something doesn't change in 30 years in the west how many people will attend the gurdwaras and know anything about sikhi

would you agree to many youth lack knowledge on sikhi

I totally agree with you on how much youth lack knowledge of Sikhi. You must not forget so many Sikh parents have very little knowledge too due to them misusing their time at gurdwara rather than not learning anything. It's time to reach out to Sikh parents to start taking their faith seriously. Now to inspire the youth you have to motivate them to make their Sikhi faith stronger so giving them countless history lessons will really be a eye-opener for some. A lot of Sikh teenagers are more into the martial art of Sikhi. Using social media to spread Sikhi awareness to the youth can be a big part in the future whether in the music industry or movie industry. Sikh teenagers are being seduced by all the new western culture stuff so it is a must to teach youngsters what Sikhi is all about. It is sad today I see a lot of keshdhari grandfathers with mona grandson or granddaughter it shows you that if we are losing our Sikhi identity then we are headed to a rough path. In 30 years I see a rough future but if Sikh Youth stand up and want to change things around for example more camps and classes or fixing how gurdwaras run then I can see hope.

Gurdwaras should have English Katha along with Punjabi Katha so that children can understand what is being said.

Give chance to young Katha wachak fluent in English and Punjabi to do katha.

Social media is a great place. Gurdwara management should also connect with sangat on social media and keep them updated and involved.

Alot of the elders in the gurdwara's are not willing to allow the youth to do alot of the sewa. I have even personally been spoken rudely to by elders over issues that don't really matter, like one time I took an extra napkin, and the elder baba asked me what I was doing? These are the types of things that youth are discouraged to going to the gurdwara more often. Also I find the katha vachaks that speak punjabi are often very hard to understand and I am very fluent in punjabi, the youth would never understand what they are saying clearly. For the youth I think we often making sikhi hard to approach, which it really shouldn't be!

• 2 weeks later...

Teens/ young adults have access to gurbani online if they choose to read it. I did it when I was younger, they have a choice and its up to them if they want to take it.

Parents could teach their kids not to be taken by the gimmick of society and not to just mimick what they see on tv and what their friends may do, but to recognise the freedom of choice to live Truthfully. To recognise maya and how to kill it(the 5 theives).

To teach their children to never slander- I see a lot of children who slander these days, and it can manifest as school bullying aswell. They should teach their children that a strong person would never need to put another down, that only weak, fearful people do that(slander stems from jealousy).

Children should hear stories about the Gurus and the way they chose to live life and explanations of gurbani that they can understand.

what can be done to inspire more Sikh youth to the gurdwara

what can be done to teach and inspire the next generation to learn sikhi

if something doesn't change in 30 years in the west how many people will attend the gurdwaras and know anything about sikhi

would you agree to many youth lack knowledge on sikhi

Start a raffle for youth.

Let's say those who do Saadh Sangat & Seva for a certain period are eligible for the lucky draw.

Prize could be Dastars, Shasters, Bana, Free entry to Sikh Camp, Free trip to Amritsar etc