Off The Grid, Sikh Eco-Village Uk?

T_Singh

• 4 years later...
On 4/13/2014 at 3:53 AM, T_Singh said:

Governments are making it more, difficult to be sustained in this country, income is not increasing whilst prices of products are. People are being more strained financially and crime is on the increase, its difficult to raise good children in such a harsh society and kuljug is ever strong, sooner or later the society will collapse.

To be stress free, peaceful and just concentrate on yourself, family sangat, Sikhi cleaner food etc. and be happy rather than bills mortgage influence on children and to educate in a safer environment and just away from negative vibes wouldn’t an Sikh Eco-village be ideal. I hear many people are going this way, I have done some research and am amazed on the amount of people interested in this sort of idea and how some villages are already set up in England as well as other parts of the world. I think a Sikh eco-village is set up either in Canada or US. I too am interested in such an idea in England; it would be great just to live off the land, with like minded people grow your own food, have a couple cows horses keertan during day time teach the children. sew your clothes, it can be sustained the proof is our own people in Punjab. All would need to put in some money to start. I definitely would love to do this; anyone else her interested get in touch.

This is an excellent idea

been thinking about this a long time,

ecovillage trials have been run by gorey successfully in Wales valleys - good rainfall , cheaper land , possibly good sites still available

Sark in channel islands is a no car island , no street lighting so is a pretty good start point there are farms there , need more population  but disadvantadge is everyone has to travel by boat there .

Orkney islands are low in population but  stormy weather a lot of the time, 
Scotland  is not that populated but soil will need good work to make it arable for crops , good scope for training  and building hardiness .

in england you would have to think above rising waters and set the village inland and free from flood plains .

I have also pondered such scenarios. Guru maharaj seemed to have preferred independant and self governed village/cities. They founded so many themselves. Combined with the reoccurring theme in Gurbani of being in the company of the holy, i feel the only way to truly practice and pass on our lifestyle and values is through a self sustained city. I think we could eventually consolidate our talent in one place and start something pleasing to our Guru. Having freedom to build institutions of scholarship and human advancement according to our True Teacher's Wisdom.

7 hours ago, shastarSingh said:

I can’t believe a post I wrote in 2014 popped its head out in 2020! 

31 minutes ago, Jai Tegang! said:

I have also pondered such scenarios. Guru maharaj seemed to have preferred independant and self governed village/cities. They founded so many themselves. Combined with the reoccurring theme in Gurbani of being in the company of the holy, i feel the only way to truly practice and pass on our lifestyle and values is through a self sustained city. I think we could eventually consolidate our talent in one place and start something pleasing to our Guru. Having freedom to build institutions of scholarship and human advancement according to our True Teacher's Wisdom.

it can be done; you just need liked minded, trustworthy as well hard working people in your starter village.

11 hours ago, T_Singh said:
18 hours ago, shastarSingh said:

I can’t believe a post I wrote in 2014 popped its head out in 2020! 

wat u wrote in 2014 is becoming more and more true in 2020.

our economy,  environment and energy needs r in bad shape.

ecovillages r an excellent option.

21st century will be very hard and many people will be forced to leave cities and go to rural areas.

On 4/13/2014 at 12:55 AM, S4NGH said:

;)

No its a brilliant idea. Well ahead of your game! An ability we sikhs really need to develop.

Theres a hindi saying, the hindus see the storm coming, the muslims realise when it hits and the sikhs realise once its passed...

yeah sure the hindus who saw the storm coming and failed to prepare , allow their warriors to arm saying that they will make the enemy blind with mantras and that's how they were massacred and enslaved  for a millenia . They of course will preach to us because they feel that enslavement deeply and envy our Gurus giving us the spine to rescue their children and women . Now they can talk BS like this.

to that saying I reply :

Hindus see the storm and shut their eyes to their impending destruction , Muslims feel the storm and shut their minds to the evil they commit to save themselves , Sikhs meet the storm get buffetted and injured , but remain standing whole in mind and spirit.